Diablo® III

Fix for the patch looping

It worked for me thx a lot!
Reply Quote
Thanks, bro. You are more competent than Blizzard.
Reply Quote
question: how can i check which client I actually have?
Reply Quote
This worked for me!

Thank you so much, OP!
Reply Quote
Alright, I am really confused. When I log myself in on American servers, everything seems to worl perfectly. However if I log myself in on European servers, I get the loop message. Does Europe simply not yet have the patch installed or how is this to explain?
Reply Quote

the only question is, why do we have to do this? i don't mind troubleshooting here and there but this is getting a little bit too much. my friends have a similar problem last patch. why are there too many bugs in this game?

Exactly... This isnt our problem, its theirs. Its cool that this stuff works and all. But for the people that are a little computer illiterate, they wont be able to do this. Or they will try and mess it up.

Its THEIR problem, they should be helping us. Not some random on the forums.
Reply Quote
you're the best
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
OMG genius! ty!!! #2 solved my issue. Why Blizzard isn't able to articulate this kind of solution for us is BEYOND me.
Reply Quote
I tried to download the update three times and each time it said the file was corrupt... I saw Blizzard's answer to the problem in thier forum but I'm using all default servers and settings... Is this thier final solution or are they working on a more "official" solution?
Reply Quote
Ok.... this worked PERFECTLY, if you are having issues you may have missed a step, re read and follow instructions perfectly.

On a side note, why is the BLUE sticky thread about this issue so vague and useless? and why does it contain NO !!! information on how to overcome the issue? why are PLAYERS of this game sorting out these issues? I'm loosing faith in this company... very rapidly!

Hats off to users involved in finding a fix for this issue i can get back to playing my game now!(3hours late but hey...)
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
I have 2 questions for you ; 1- For plan 1, I've found the hidden folder Program Data afterward went into Battle.net to find the Agent folder. But there, i am stuck to 7 different folders named :

Agent.954
Agent.976
Logs
Agent.dat
agent ( data base file )
Agent ( application )
Error Reporter

None of these contains your Agent.db . WHAT SHOULD I DO! :D

2- For plan 2, I can't find your hosts thingy anywhere. Please, where is it located :D

Thank you for reading, please reply asap.

****Note**** When I get to the Title Screen of D3, my version is actualy 1.0.2.9749 and I have the message of a new patch. Is this normal?
Edited by Solennes#1959 on 5/31/2012 3:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
OPTION 1
I now get a corrupt file and says that I'll need to get it again
Reply Quote
under battle.net/agent i have no agent.db, am i not looking in the right spot or is it named differently in some versions?
Reply Quote
be aware that some malware detectors will flag plan 2 as an exploit (in theory you can use the hosts file to cause... let's say www.google.com to some !@#$ site or something...) I reviewed the edits though, plan 2 is safe... but your "trusty" malware /virus detector may still flag it anyway
Reply Quote
i cannot figure out how to do step 1, can somebody explain it for me in more detail, i opended up the correct file in word doc, now what do i do?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
Thanks for being immensely more helpful than Blizzard.
Reply Quote
Beware, if you do step 2 and then try to revert the hosts file, you will no longer be able to launch Diablo III.
Reply Quote
Thanks, #2 works like a charm for me (euro, enGB client, playing on US servers).

Guess I should just keep the hosts changes for future patches?
Reply Quote
sorry man option one never worked, im not about to try option 2
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]