Get the Desktop App for Battle.net Now
- All your games in 1 place
- Log in once
- Automatic game updates
what is the overight step? on plan 2, step 6. what does it mean and how do i do it?
And for plan 1.. what do u put into the agent.db folder? how do u tell what client u are???
I uninstalled as the patch wouldnt work. this wont work, any other advise? It is stuck on 'updating setup files'
Edited by keaniir#6340 on 6/1/2012 2:52 PM PDT
I checked my account just now, and it didn't "Patch Required" message, Asia server.
Didn't do anything, I just played in a shop with a D3 patched game, and when I got home, checked it in my Laptop, and it's already playable.
Don't know if Blizzard already fixed the problem.
Edited by tAbz#6774 on 6/1/2012 2:49 PM PDT
I tried all other suggested fixes, but the one thing that fixed my loop issue was the following:
(I am running Windows 7 64bit)
1. locate the executable "diablo3.exe"
2. Right-click, and select "Run as Administrator"
3. The Diablo launch app loads, but this time says, "Diablo Updated"
4. Select "Play" button and POW!!!!!!
I had a patch looping issue that wasn't resolved by the other methods floating around.
When I launched the game, there was a dialog saying a new patch was available, and to click okay to restart. It wasn't possible to select 'options'.
Here's how I fixed it:
- Create a new folder somewhere (desktop is fine) to hold backup files
- Go to C:/Program Files/Diablo III (using details view is easier here)
You'll see a number of files with a '.Trash' extension, as well as the same file name without the '.Trash' extension.
Copy all of these files (both with and without the '.Trash' extension) into the new folder you created above (just to be safe).
- Back in C:/Program Files/Diablo III, delete all the files -without- the '.Trash' extension
- Remove the '.Trash' extension from the '.Trash' files
Now run the launcher, and it should download the most recent patch, and you're all set.
I'm pretty sure this is just rolling back to the version you had prior to the most recent patch. Somehow, the patch didn't apply correctly, so this just does the patching over again.
I'm playing on Europe servers with an US client.
I replaced all occurences of
and added "enUS" to "display_locales" in
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Battle.net\Agent\agent.db
Works fine so far.
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.