Diablo® III

"You have been removed..." Error 316704

(Locked)

I too was having the "You have been removed" error prior to the patch release. For a short time afterwards everything was working again. But now I'm back to similar symptoms after clicking "Resume Game" (or trying to enter the Auction House). High CPU load, unresponsive game, and after a minute or two I get a "Cannot create game" error. Upon trying to exit the game hangs. Has Warden been turned back on?
Great, now after the patch I can't even login :-/

Stuck at 'Authenticating credentials...'

This despite the fact I managed to play earlier, via x11vnc and remotely trying it out. Why the hell did it work then and not now?

Does /proc/sys/kernel/yama/ptrace_scope == 0 ?
06/06/2012 06:24 PMPosted by Soliton

That must be either a newer kernel feature that I don't have, or is ubuntu specific. (There is no 'yama' subdir under /proc/sys/kernel)

I'm on Fedora 13 x86_64, kernel version 2.6.34.9-69.fc13.x86_64
Great, now after the patch I can't even login :-/

Stuck at 'Authenticating credentials...'

This despite the fact I managed to play earlier, via x11vnc and remotely trying it out. Why the hell did it work then and not now?

I am having this issue on ubuntu 12.04, using playonlinux, but my ptrace_scope is 0.

I am having this issue on ubuntu 12.04, using playonlinux, but my ptrace_scope is 0.

Yeah, I'm having the issue too now, previously it was getting stuck at 'Retrieving Hero List...'
Looks like Warden is back in effect. Only this time, it hits us during or shortly after login.
I guess all the debugging environments can be put to use now at least. :/

If only we could just play.
I was so stoked when i was at work and checked this thread, and people were saying they were able to play. Now i get home and get stuck at authenticating credentials. Awesome.
06/06/2012 06:58 PMPosted by Xylem
I was so stoked when i was at work and checked this thread, and people were saying they were able to play. Now i get home and get stuck at authenticating credentials. Awesome.

Same here. I was pumped to be able to actually play, but now I can't. Oh well, maybe tomorrow.
Same here, I managed to play for about an hour and then decided to be responsible and study some new tech stuff I'm doing figuring hey it's fixed now blizzard will leave it alone. Guess I was wrong and they don't know when to stop fixing something that isn't broken.
It's not looking good, even for that. Reading the wine bug page, it sounds like others had the same thing happen to them as me -- worked for a few hours, and just in the time it took me to drive home, stopped working.

From what I can tell -- it's the !@#$ing warden again. They probably waited a few hours after maintenance to turn it on. Why do I think this is the problem? Because I've had friends (playing from windows machines obviously) message me on gchat while I'm waiting on the 'Authenticating credentials...' screen, and ask me 'why aren't you joining my game?' -- Apparently, MY CREDENTIALS ARE PERFECTLY AUTHENTICATED, the game just refuses to let me through. Probably waiting to hear back from the warden about whether I'm trying to hack the game or something.

Seriously blizzard... I hope you're reading this. Do you really want to keep pissing off legitimately paying customers with your nuisance of an anti-cheat tool? And specifically I mean those that are above your average idiot fanboy that at worst can only throw a temper tantrum and hurl empty threats when you make a slight game change, these are the people who've collaboratively over time built an entire virtual environment and emulation layer (wine) to be able to play your games without modification or piracy... The fact that we're debugging this crap with or without you at the binary / reverse engineering layer just so we can play the game we paid for on the platform of our choice goes to show we're choosing to play along right now. The less help you offer and/or the more negligence you show to us by routinely breaking things, the more you're making that choice to play nicely lean towards playing not so nice.
I can confirm the same as Rick. I hit the auth or retrieving section and a friend sent me a SMS asking why I won't stay online for long. I end up having to kill the agent and diablo 3 exe but trying again is useless. I'm seeing the same issue in a Native Windows 7 64bit partition. But if I end the process and try again, after a few tries I get in and all is well.

I was able to log in shortly after they had the servers up, played for 30 minutes or more no issue. 2 hours later went to log in and was met with the above issue Rick mentioned.
90 Human Mage
I guess I get to add myself to the affected users pool as well. Worked great for about 20 minutes after the servers came back up. Logged off, and a couple hours later was unable to log in. Stuck retrieving the heroes. After about 45 seconds, the sound starts getting really drawn out/choppy as my CPU usage & memory usage creep towards max.

Three days of farming Inferno A3+4 with friends that I've missed out on now. It's not too fun to work hard to get on a good team, just to ultimately get replaced when the game breaks for days on end.
started for me yesterday, I am on unpatched Fedora 17 64bit wine-1.5.3. I had been playing fine for a month. I have pretty much the same symptoms as everyone else. I can login to WoW and MoP beta just fine.
So, are people able to play on 32 bit systems now? (IE. ubuntu 12.04 32bit, and I understand we are all using a 32bit wine)
Warden is definitely on. It considers us wine users as bots. Given how fast blizzard responds to errors I do not see this fix coming any time soon.
This has nothing to do with 32 vs 64bit so far that we can tell at this point.
06/06/2012 07:50 PMPosted by aeonsies
This has nothing to do with 32 vs 64bit so far that we can tell at this point.

That's what I thought. I was just trying to clarify from some of the info earlier in this thread, and on the wine bug report.
I too get stuck on the retrieving hero list. Running 32bit wine (PlayOnLinux) on a 64bit kernel. I posted my winedebug to the bug report (http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=30849) in hopes that someone will see a pattern.
Same story here. Worked this afternoon, now I am stuck in the same spot as the rest of you.

I should note though I was unable to log in in a similar fashion after a previous patch. Many Windows using friends experienced the same thing. However, when that happened the program did not lock up. I was able to cancel and try again as many times as I liked.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]