Diablo® III

"You have been removed..." Error 316704

(Locked)

Same issue here on Debian (testing)
with Crossover Office 11.1.0
was working fine yesterday, tried this morning and I'm getting this same error
exact same problem here. came from nowhere; have played ~40 hours gametime w/ zero problems until last night.

fedora 16 / wine 1.5.4 patched.
Just another "me too". Patched wine 1.4 on Fedora 16. Frame rate degrades during play and then when it's basically unusable I'm removed. Worked beautifully last night, I cleared the first half of act 1 inferno over the course of several hours. This morning I was unable to play for even 10 minutes.
Interesting. Would have to be a hot fix. I don't have a windows machine to test and confirm. However, my wife has her Mac that can barely play it. I'll see if I can convince her to log in to both the Wine install and her Mac install and see if the connection drops the same.

It seems that everything starts off fine then gets wonky. I have mine frame locked at 24fps and when it starts up it's fine, but shortly after that it drops to 14fps then drops.
I can test my Mac.

I bet we dont see any Blues here, because we are all running an unsupported configuration.
Yea, but the sooner the know about it if there are any Linux users at Blizz then they might isolate and fix it. They'd never tell us, but it would be good to know that it is a linux wine issue and not exclusively a Blizz issue.
Ubuntu 12.04 Wine 1.5.4 via Play on Linux, same issue. Started happening late last night.
'smee again.

Interesting. Would have to be a hot fix. I don't have a windows machine to test and confirm. However, my wife has her Mac that can barely play it. I'll see if I can convince her to log in to both the Wine install and her Mac install and see if the connection drops the same.

It seems that everything starts off fine then gets wonky. I have mine frame locked at 24fps and when it starts up it's fine, but shortly after that it drops to 14fps then drops.

I've found a good trick to get D3 to run on lower end setups is (even my gf's laptop w/ a crappy intel integrated card) is to locate the 'D3Prefs.txt' file (might be named or located something different for Mac), locate the 'HardwareClass' line, and change the adjacent value to '1'. For some reason D3 vastly overestimates unsupported cards and sets things too high, and manually changing this setting here will lower graphics settings beyond what can be done through the in-game options. Although I haven't tried it independent of the HardwareClass change, it's also been suggested to change 'DisableTrilinearFiltering' to '1'.

Just to add more support / info to the use case, here's a detailed sequence of what happens:

• Game loads up fine, login works fine, hero select works fine, AH works fine, chat works fine (?), etc. (all *before* entering a game)
  • Once entering a game, the game plays smoothly and appropriately for at least 1-5 minutes. Although not confirmed, lack of the normal jibber on general chat room is suspicious. Also during this time, whispering or other messages silently failed to deliver
  • Framerate drops, game becomes sluggish, removed from game
  • Kicked back to the hero / quest select screen. AH button is grayed out, with tooltip saying it is temporarily unavailable. Trying to hit 'Resume Game' results in error 316704, as does trying to join anybody else's game.
  • Here's the annoying part: Hitting the log-out OR exit game button causes the game to hang indefinitely, and require force kill (since it's wine under linux, i have to 'kill `pidof Diablo\ III.exe`'). Despite the game 'hanging', the music keeps playing though, so at least some threads are still going and it's not a full lock up. It does respond nicely to the kill command, i.e. a TERM signal, by exiting promptly and ?cleanly? (as compared to having to kill -9 to *really* make for a 'forced' kill)
  • Restarting the game, this whole process starts over again.
Edited by Deusmancer#1110 on 6/5/2012 10:00 AM PDT
'smee again.

I've found a good trick to get D3 to run on lower end setups is (even my gf's laptop w/ a crappy intel integrated card) is to locate the 'D3Prefs.txt' file (might be named or located something different for Mac), locate the 'HardwareClass' line, and change the adjacent value to '1'. For some reason D3 vastly overestimates unsupported cards and sets things too high, and manually changing this setting here will lower graphics settings beyond what can be done through the in-game options. Although I haven't tried it independent of the HardwareClass change, it's also been suggested to change 'DisableTrilinearFiltering' to '1'.

Just to add more support / info to the use case, here's a detailed sequence of what happens:

• Game loads up fine, login works fine, hero select works fine, AH works fine, chat works fine (?), etc. (all *before* entering a game)
  • Once entering a game, the game plays smoothly and appropriately for at least 1-5 minutes. Although not confirmed, lack of the normal jibber on general chat room is suspicious. Also during this time, whispering or other messages silently failed to deliver
  • Framerate drops, game becomes sluggish, removed from game
  • Can't restart game, game locks up on trying to either logout or exit

More details later.

Also type /who in the general chat will crash instantly
Well, same problem here.

Using up-to-date debian testing + acceptex patched GIT wine (self-compiled) from just before d3 was released.

Clocked over 200 hours with no issues and this problem started yesterday on america servers.

Europe servers working fine still, but I'm guessing whatever hotfix they did will carry over there later as well soon.

For now I installed it on win7 and it's working again on any servers, but I really wish I could go back to linux (if blizzard doesn't fix (no obligations for wine), let's hope the wine people can identify what's causing it and offer a wine patch for it)
well after an hour of play I can say my Mac is working on the US servers. But there is still no chatter on the general chat and /who command in chat will still crash the client.
'smee again.

Thank you for the suggestion. Doesn't appear to fix the Mac performance issue. However, it works just fine on the Mac for staying connected the game play just sucks. Wine is still dropping so it's defiantly a Wine only issue.
90 Tauren Druid
06/05/2012 03:13 AMPosted by Sancio
Happened to me yesterday on W7, not on linux.
I actually hope we see more Win7 users on this, so we get more attention :(

The game is 100% non-playable at the moment.

06/05/2012 05:13 AMPosted by Ruien
PS: I play hardcore..
Same. Very scary error.

06/05/2012 08:57 AMPosted by AAlchemy
Also type /who in the general chat will crash instantly
I think this is another bug, and one they mentioned in known issues here:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4916972036

Edit: we may be seeing a preponderance of Linux users because we've been trained to find forum posts and discuss problems? I probably spend less than five minutes on a problem before searching for a thread.

Edit2: Oh, and I confirm that I cannot create new characters after the error occurs, nor can I change characters, use the AH, or anything else. I'm transfering my install to the Windows machine as I type this.
Edited by mashdar#1871 on 6/5/2012 10:04 AM PDT
Another me too. Started last night for me. Constantly removed from game. Still going on this morning I am on Ubuntu 11.04 + Wine 1.5.4 with patches. It had been working flawlessly before that forever. I am exclusively playing single player games.
Edited by bontechaka#1946 on 6/5/2012 10:12 AM PDT
Same here, started yesterday, Xubuntu 12.04 Wine 1.5.4
06/05/2012 10:00 AMPosted by Mashdar
I actually hope we see more Win7 users on this, so we get more attention :(

Yeah... it's possible it's the same problem which happens under specific configurations of windows that Wine on linux would just happen to duplicate. If that's the case, then it's really a problem on blizzard's side and there'd be hope for a fix.
Same issue here: on 2 different PC's

both Fedora 16 x86_64, Wine 1.5.0 on one and Wine 1.5.5 on the other. Verizon fios ISP

edit: was working 100% flawlessly up until last night
edit: can confirm /who crashes wine

US Servers
Edited by DancingBear#1791 on 6/5/2012 10:49 AM PDT
I'm affected by this as well. Everything was fine when I played earlier in the evening (around 7PM Eastern time), but when I logged in a few hours later, I was unable to stay connected for more than 5-10 minutes at a time.

Network connectivity was perfectly stable at the time. Tcpdump showed a perfectly healthy connection (no packet loss, no retransmissions, decent latency, no pauses/hiccups in the stream) to battle.net - right up until the server disconnected me.

I'm running the "Starter" edition on Ubuntu 12.04 x86_64 (WIne 1.5.5 w/ PlayOnLinux.) I started playing it Sunday night, and it worked wonderfully until last night. I was consdering upgrading to the full version, but it looks like I'll need to put that idea on hold until things stabilize.
Same thing gentoo wine 1.5.4 patched. US servers.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]