Diablo® III

"You have been removed..." Error 316704

(Locked)

It'd be really nice if some BLUE TEXT could save us a lot of time and just TELL US what they changed approximately 36-48 hours ago... I'm sure they know what they did, and for some reason won't offer us even a hint to what changed. We're not asking Blizzard to fix it, but it'd help us save us a lot of time reverse engineering this whole problem to fix what's most likely a 10 line solution...
90 Tauren Druid
06/05/2012 02:20 PMPosted by Rick
It'd be really nice if some BLUE TEXT could save us a lot of time and just TELL US what they changed approximately 36-48 hours ago... I'm sure they know what they did, and for some reason won't offer us even a hint to what changed. We're not asking Blizzard to fix it, but it'd help us save us a lot of time reverse engineering this whole problem to fix what's most likely a 10 line solution...
This
06/05/2012 02:18 PMPosted by Floppie
Has anybody tried XP or Vista mode in WINE?

I was just about to suggest someone changing their reported windows version in wine to see if the symptoms acted any differently or went away entirely
Yeah, that was one of the first things I did. Didn't do anything.

Didn't help for me.

Didn't help for me.

Same here...

Didn't help for me.

Same here...

didnt help here either
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm actually having trouble logging into Warcraft now as well. In Warcraft I can get to the character select screen. When I pick a character, it shows the loading bar and freezes at 90% and then hangs indefinitely.

I never had problems with Warcraft until today. Last night I had Wine-1.5.4 unpatched on 64-bit Ubuntu 12.04 LTS. I upgraded to Wine-1.5.5 today after problems started appearing, but it did not fix anything.

Update: As of 6pm EST I can no longer log in to Warcraft at all, not even to the character select screen. Wow.exe just insta crashes.
This is really odd.. tried running on my linux machine at work (lunch break), using same exact wine version (1.4, same patches, etc.) and I'm not getting booted, chat is continuing to work...
06/05/2012 03:16 PMPosted by Rick
This is really odd.. tried running on my linux machine at work (lunch break), using same exact wine version (1.4, same patches, etc.) and I'm not getting booted, chat is continuing to work...

Can you do a traceroute from both machines to us.actual.battle.net
they might be using different servers.
36 Undead Warlock
Same thing for me since the maintenance. I am very aggravated. Anybody over this issue?
Same issues, same time frame, just wanted to keep adding to this post in hopes it gets noticed. Running wine 1.5.4 with Mint. I did some packet captures and setup some QoS on my router to no avail. Why do gaming companies hate linux so much?????
I'm actually having trouble logging into Warcraft now as well. In Warcraft I can get to the character select screen. When I pick a character, it shows the loading bar and freezes at 90% and then hangs indefinitely.

I never had problems with Warcraft until today. Last night I had Wine-1.5.4 unpatched on 64-bit Ubuntu 12.04 LTS. I upgraded to Wine-1.5.5 today after problems started appearing, but it did not fix anything.

Update: As of 6pm EST I can no longer log in to Warcraft at all, not even to the character select screen. Wow.exe just insta crashes.

Problabily it is an ubuntu(12.04) issue. Make an test typing " echo 0|sudo tee /proc/sys/kernel/yama/ptrace_scope " in the terminal and try to login after it.
Edited by Baco#1406 on 6/5/2012 3:35 PM PDT
Can anyone compare the tcpdump from a real windows machines with a wine version like the guy earlier did on wine to see if there is anything obvious. I don' t have a Windows machine to test this on otherwise would have tried to look at this.

If it is just that they don't respond to pings on wine but do on windows then they are clearly identifying something about the client and responding accordingly on the server, if it is the way the ping packet is formed then we can maybe do something.
Can you do a traceroute from both machines to us.actual.battle.net
they might be using different servers.

both seem to take the same path past the regional ISP gateways...

I made sure to capture the traffic in wireshark, and although I didn't have the time to look *too* thoroughly, I believe I saw what Voltara was describing as the two different connections, one to the game server, and one to us.actual.battle.net, with only the occasional keep alive sent on us.actual.battle.net. However, my client was definitely responding to them with some kind of ack, even after going into a game... still odd.

So I guess we can be pretty confident then that not responding to the battle.net keepalive is what causes the boot, so the problem is now a question of what causes the client to stop responding?
nvm what I said above. I re-read that guys analysis about the tcp dump sounds like the client side stops responding. Probably something specific about the keep alive packet. I guess more useful will be tcpdump compared to EU server. Will try it at home tonight since people seem to imply EU servers work fine.
90 Tauren Druid
06/05/2012 03:16 PMPosted by Rick
I'm still wondering if the problem is only on 64bit kernels.. I've only seen people explicitly say they were on 64-bit, and it could be that one of the libraries is broken.

Edit: Is the work machine a 32 bit install, while your other machine is 64?
Edited by mashdar#1871 on 6/5/2012 3:49 PM PDT
!!ATTENTION!!

please also follow the bug at: http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=30849

and report your findings. Im not home yet to provide the details the wine devs need to help resolve this issue. if you have time please provide them with any details that could help resolve the issue.

thank you
06/05/2012 03:47 PMPosted by Mashdar
I'm still wondering if the problem is only on 64bit kernels.. I've only seen people explicitly say they were on 64-bit, and it could be that one of the libraries is broken.

Edit: Is the work machine a 32 bit install, while your other machine is 64?

Interesting observation, I saw the trend as well but dismissed it at first thinking it shouldn't matter since wine run / compiles 32 bits regardless...

but case in point,
my work machine = 32 bit, Fedora 14
home machine = 64 bit, Fedora 13

Both still running same version of wine... but maybe the host architecture is actually having an effect... I'll post more as I keep researching
I wonder if the windows users who claim to be afflicted are also running 64 bit windows?
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]