Diablo® III

Blacksmith does not offer to repair equipment

Haedrig Eamon is more than merely a competent blacksmith and yet despite all the time we spend together, he never seems to offer to repair my equipment for any sum. Any other merchant will offer to repair. Not Haedrig. What gives?

The blacksmith bound to my noble quest won't repair my equipment. Griswold would be spinning in his grave if his defiled corpus hadn't been incinerated and smashed and left in a pile in a shallow grave in the middle Old Tristram. Is this passive-aggressive revenge for my upbeat complicity in his wife's death?

At any rate, this is uncivil behavior, but I don't think it's Haedrig's fault - nope, it's Blizzard's.

Boo on you, Blizzard. You've besmirched the good name of this poor, long-suffering man. If you can find it in your hearts to own up to your error and fix this state of affairs, we're currently staying outside Caldeum. I'm sure he would be gladdened to have his hands unbound in this matter, but he he would surely not show it, just quietly offer repair services; it's not his way to make showy emotional displays.

Yours in Evil-Smiting,
Reply Quote
There's a tab at Tashun the miner merchant for repairing near there but indeed weird that the blacksmith doesn't.
Reply Quote
I also found this odd.
Reply Quote
He's only good at repairing crowns.
Reply Quote
I like making only one stop in town and that's to a merchant to sell stuff and repair. in D2, you would have to stop at say Charsi to repair and then sell somewhere else. If I were any lazier I would expect to see a merchant standing right next to the town WP.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Priest
I'm with you guys. I don't understand this. A blacksmith who cannot repair equipment. Very odd.

Hope Blizzard fixes this.
Reply Quote
I as well got confused by this.

It just takes a bit of time to go to the merchants. But checking the merchants should be something a player does anytime they have to head back to town since the gear is always changing.
Reply Quote
Maybe he just refuses to, instead of having the inability to do so. Perhaps it's beneath him.
Reply Quote
He's Union?
Reply Quote
86 Undead Death Knight
Yeah that's pretty frustrating, I keep finding it odd that I run past my blacksmith over to a random guy to repair gear :(
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
05/23/2012 04:03 PMPosted by Leohan
Maybe he just refuses to, instead of having the inability to do so. Perhaps it's beneath him.

That's always been my theory. When you first join him he says he needs something more than just making spades to occupy his mind. I'm sure repairing armor is worse than making spades.
Reply Quote
He's too leet for you, and doesn't want to work on your battered, old honky gear. He only makes new stuff.

However, due to a fond childhood memory involving a cute girl down the street and a game of "king of the hill", he has a soft spot for crowns and now suffers from an irresistable compulsion to repair all of them on sight.
Reply Quote
If I remember correctly, Blizzard wanted the other townsfolk to also be important, so they moved repair to merchants.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
I as well got confused by this.

It just takes a bit of time to go to the merchants. But checking the merchants should be something a player does anytime they have to head back to town since the gear is always changing.

Lol, who gets their gear from merchants?

Gear from vendors is just as randomly good as any loot you find. It's just usually below your level by the time you reach the merchant, so you won't often find an upgrade. But they do exist. Occasionally they have really good stuff (rares).
Reply Quote
You can repair at every other merchant in the game.

Blacksmith trainers in WoW didn't repair gear.

Get over it.

This may come as a surprise to you, but this isn't WoW.
Reply Quote
Your claim makes sense, which means that there was an intentional reason why they left that ability out of the blacksmith.

The only reason that comes to mind is that they needed some way of making the other vendors more useful.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Priest
Spades are used for farming, no?

I would think it more prestigous to repair heroic plate pieces over a peasant sickle.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]