Diablo® III

Act 2: the scouring of caldeum

Has anyone gotten the achievement for saving 20 people. I'm quite frustrated at the lack of control I have over the success of this event. The one time I did get all 20 people the quest ended before it count them.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but currently this seems to completely random.
Reply Quote
Well if I'm not mistaken, they don't have to be at the same time. Just twenty throughout the course of that quest. I haven't gotten the achievement yet, but it seems like you need some really impressive damage and AoE to be able to quick dispatch the enemies because they kill the civilians easily. The meteors are also instant kills on them. Best to come back to the quest after you're higher level I think.
Reply Quote
I didn't explain myself well. I didn't bring all 20 of the in at once.

I have awesome aoe(wizard), but enemies that are invisible, and basically 1 shot the npc, pretty much means failure.

Ugh...
Reply Quote
I managed to get 13 safely away, but it is too hard. Meteros which has a instant death and the invisible enemies are a pain. You cant start the next quest until you have done this as I have tried. You can restart the quest, but any info is wiped out as it says from further quests....
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
it must be broken

I got a huge group through in 1 pass. I know it was at least 20 because I finished the quest immediately. I think it counted 1 person and then the sun came out.
Reply Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHFxjER8RBA

Nice explanation and actually showing the achievement in action.
Reply Quote
I managed to do it, but it took me quite a few tries. As someone else recommended, I went into the left area (ignoring the closest carts) and immediately north to gather a couple of people standing around. I then went counter-clockwise through that east area clicking on the carts and gathering as many people as I could. Don't rush to quickly, though, or the stragglers will get picked off by the cloaking baddies.

I brought this group to the sewer, but often ran into a bottleneck of enemies and meteors right at the gate back to the central area. If I didn't get at least 13 people back in that run, I reloaded.

I then ran through the west area, again counter-clockwise, clicking carts and gathering stragglers, ending with that last cart just above the sewer entrance before heading back. (I saw some advice a while back about leaving that last cart in case you don't quite make 20 in that run. I didn't need it.)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]