Diablo® III

[SPOILER] Tyrael's Sword

At the end of Diablo 2 Tyrael threw his sword into the worldstone to destroy it. I was under the assumption this destroyed the sword but it seems it did not. Now we have 5 comics that explain some random guy named Jacob finds the sword and somehow Tyrael gets it back (comics 3-5 aren't out yet).

How the hell does Tyrael falling from the High Heavens to Sanctuary rip his sword into 3 pieces but hurling it at the worldstone doesn't even scratch it?

Also, why can Imperious call/summon his spear from nothingness but Tyrael can not do the same with his sword (if he could why would the sword be in Sanctuary)?
Reply Quote
the wizard did it
Reply Quote
05/18/2012 01:25 PMPosted by Hellgiver
Also, why can Imperious call/summon his spear from nothingness but Tyrael can not do the same with his sword (if he could why would the sword be in Sanctuary)?

Probably because he destroyed it against the Worldstone, or because he's now mortal. It's not really explained, but is it honestly that major of a plot issue?

How the hell does Tyrael falling from the High Heavens to Sanctuary rip his sword into 3 pieces but hurling it at the worldstone doesn't even scratch it?

Remember Tyrael's words. When the Worldstone was destroyed, he himself was obliterated in the blast and had to reform over the past 20 years. During that time, I'm willing to bet his sword reformed much more quickly than he himself did.
Reply Quote

Probably because he destroyed it against the Worldstone, or because he's now mortal. It's not really explained, but is it honestly that major of a plot issue?

Remember Tyrael's words. When the Worldstone was destroyed, he himself was obliterated in the blast and had to reform over the past 20 years. During that time, I'm willing to bet his sword reformed much more quickly than he himself did. As for falling from the Heavens, he also became mortal, a pretty traumatic event for an angel, which greatly weakened him. I suspect his sword broke more because of that, than because of the fall.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]