Diablo® III

How the hell are people getting through hell?

Me(dh) and my buddies (monk and barb) have been beating through everything normal/nightmare easily until we got to hell. We are all lvl53, took us an hour of dying to get through the butcher, and basically every time we see some blue/yellow mobs we are gonna die at least once or twice...

How are people playing through hell? Did everyone just die a lot? Or are people buying a ton of resistence gear through auction house?
Reply Quote
I kite everything to death and run this:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#aZXdTV!Yea!abZYYb

For bosses, I replace Vault with Marked For Death (Mortal Enemy) and replace the Ferrets rune with the Bat. And I try very hard to never get hit, because it hurts.
Reply Quote
I run a build very similar to Caffeine, with some tweaks:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#aRXVYj!YeT!caZbcZ

For bosses, swap:

Spray of Teeth for Devouring (more DPS)

With 12.6K life, I also have to be cautious of getting hit.
Some advise VIT buffer; I don't. To each his/her own.
Hard glass cannon - crit averages to be about 37.4% with my gear.
Minimal survival issues (mixture of solo and group play).

- Let your buddies/companion (Templar) work on the front lines
- Abuse SS+Prep: l2 control mob agro (also gets you out of some CC/damage scenarios)
- Stay on the threshold of the map if you can, safety buffer yourself from you & enemy
- Know what battles you can win and can't; seriously

Last thing.
Most important.

Look at your gear and do a DPS check.
Stuff underleveled? Set a minimum level (max is 2-3), stick to it, and go to the AH.
Example: Level 52, don't get gear lower than 49-ish.

You can be frugal and still come out with a substantial DPS/survivability gain.
I mistakenly went into Hell not doing this and wondered why I could not kill.
Decrease of 10+ seconds to around 1-2s kill time on most mobs changes the game.

Another thing to consider is to not be the DPS battery - be the utility instead.
Perma stun, hard CC, and slow mobs.
Let somebody else damage for you, preferably ranged.

Again, not my style but it could work for you.

Really it's about asking:

How do you want to play?
What kind of build do you want?

Best thing about DH is that most builds can work in later difficulties, you just have to be mindful of synergies and being efficient.
Edited by San#1821 on 5/19/2012 7:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Me(dh) and my buddies (monk and barb) have been beating through everything normal/nightmare easily until we got to hell. We are all lvl53, took us an hour of dying to get through the butcher, and basically every time we see some blue/yellow mobs we are gonna die at least once or twice...

How are people playing through hell? Did everyone just die a lot? Or are people buying a ton of resistence gear through auction house?

Definitely describes my experience. I would kill normal mobs and skip the yellow/blues.

And like someone mentioned, you want a running build, so you can skip some of the mobs and port to the next map.

Don't run too much though, or you will be underleveled in later acts and that's a whole new level of frustration.
Reply Quote
I played solo. Its easier to keep yourself up then try to watch out for your melee buddies.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]