Diablo® III

Just got hacked and now I have no gold

I was afk in champ select then I came back and it said I got logged out as someone else is using my account.

I log back in and now I have no gold. What is going on?

I also notice it has put me backward in the game, a whole section I completed has been undone as well
Edited by Saifuddin#2569 on 5/19/2012 11:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Battle.net Authenticator.
Reply Quote
Lovely gotta buy a security feature to play a single player game

Why was my progress retracted tho?
Reply Quote
Authenticator is free for most phones, also just put in a ticket I bet they can reverse it.
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/battle-net-dial-in-authenticator-faq#q-1
Reply Quote
98 Night Elf Death Knight
Lovely gotta buy a security feature to play a single player game

Why was my progress retracted tho?

You don't have to buy an authenticator.

The Mobile Authenticator app works on iOS and Android devices (meaning you could even have one installed on an actual iPod Touch). It's 100% free.

You can also use the telephone authenticator: you have to call a phone number each time you log in. It's, likewise, 100% free.

Or you can drop $7 (I spend that much on orange juice and a donut at Starbucks every morning as I go in to work...) and have a keychain fob.

The authenticator doesn't make your account 100% secure, but it makes it as secure as it can reasonably be, and there are significantly fewer stories of hacking and item/resource loss on Battle.net accounts that have an authenticator attached.

I've had an authenticator on my Battle.net account since Blizzard first released them. I've not been hacked once.
Reply Quote
Smart phone --> app store ---> authenticator --> install
Reply Quote
[tinfoil_hat]
When they originally released them, well actually before that. I only knew a couple people that got hacked on WoW, then when they released the service I was pretty much the only one in my circle of friends that didn't get hacked. Coincidence? Will there be a Diablo III themed authenticator sale soon?
[/tinfoil_hat]
Reply Quote
Thank you all
Reply Quote
Thank you al
Reply Quote
bump until resolved
Reply Quote
Authenticator won't help if they are spoofing SessionID's
Reply Quote
05/19/2012 11:37 PMPosted by Oat
Battle.net Authenticator.

Does not work in this case. Check the blue posts before you make yourself look like an ignorant troll again. LOL
Edited by xLSDx#1145 on 5/21/2012 4:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/21/2012 04:17 PMPosted by Kujila
Authenticator won't help if they are spoofing SessionID's

lmao yea. all these people are clueless
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
**My thoughts are some, not most have registered at many different websites for closed BETA access and possibly used the same email that you use to log in and perhaps even the same password to apply. ***This would suggest you "gave away" your items.

-For those who don't feel any of this applies, change your email address to a brand new email account that you ONLY use for Blizzard, and see if it happens again. It not, then guess what.....
Edited by Dexter#1820 on 5/21/2012 4:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
@Jaedeth
Well, the hackers are bypassing authentication somehow. =(
Reply Quote
I was afk in champ select then I came back and it said I got logged out as someone else is using my account.

I log back in and now I have no gold. What is going on?

I also notice it has put me backward in the game, a whole section I completed has been undone as well

Was there a message saying that you had been logged out because someone else was playing?
or did the message just say that you were logged out?

The fact that you say that a section you had completed was undone makes it sound more to like like a bug than someone else accessing your account.

I understand your frustration with losing all your items and gold, its a lot of hard work lost, but posting on the forums here about it dont help much, you are better off contacting support about the issue.

There are right now a major issue with players losing gold and items, but nobody here knows for sure what the problem is.
There are plenty of speculation and rumors but no facts as of yet.

From what I have read of players saying they have lost their things, it sounds to me like there is a rather big bug in the software and not someone having hacked the accounts.
However that is only a theory I have, I have no facts to back up my statement and I could very well be wrong.
All I know is that there is a problem with players losing their things.
Edited by Dragonlord#2881 on 5/21/2012 4:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]