Diablo® III

Guess what, there is no best build.

Depending on your playstyle you should maximize your strengths and supplement for your shortcomings.

With that said, what you think?

Assassin type build. Runes are interchangable depending on what I'm facing ofc but you get the gist. Ive not got 2 of the runes yet as I am in act 2 hell but this where im looking at going. Its been hugely effective at even countering elite teleporters/wallers/rooters/extrahealth etc so far which seem to be tougher than act bosses.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#WZYXVj!aeW!YccZba

Relies on frequent crits and bola for AoE and marked of death (contagion) which spreads very quickly if you know what you are doing. Single target is Impale with marked for death. Everything else is just speed, cc, health.

Very fun auto-attack assasin style build.
Reply Quote
Your title basically says you dont want any critiquing. Anyways......

Caltrops is a waste. You will never have spare discipline for it on higher difficulties.
Same issue for marked for death. That precious discipline will all go towards smoked screen, and most of the time you can't even hit the primary target with your non-aoe abilities.

Hot pursuit is also pretty garbage imo. I'd replace it with something like sharpshooter. Much more useful for your impale runed secondary.
Reply Quote
how is caltrops crap in inferno? as long as the pack dosent have vortex or teleport the trap is awesome u get 0 mortor hits if u play well

atleast for me its working awesome i can kill everything except the teleport vortex packs just spamming trap + elemental arrow burning 1mio hp in like 8 traps on all 3 mobs
Reply Quote
how is caltrops crap in inferno? as long as the pack dosent have vortex or teleport the trap is awesome u get 0 mortor hits if u play well

atleast for me its working awesome i can kill everything except the teleport vortex packs just spamming trap + elemental arrow burning 1mio hp in like 8 traps on all 3 mobs

No offense but inferno is an entirely different world than hell. What works in hell doesn't apply in inferno.
Reply Quote
This has been my general build for pretty much anything:

Left-Devouring Arrow
Right-Fire Support RF
1-SS
2-Crow
3-Sentry
4-AoE. Going up through the difficulties I used Lightning Ball, but now I only use FaW MS since it's so superior.

If I get really, REALLY, bad rolls, I'll take out sentry for something else depending on the situation. Sentry is really useful though, especially for kiting.

Have never had any problems.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]