Diablo® III

Archon Cooldown

This is not a thread complaining about the spell being OP,UP or whatever. The long cooldown is there for a reason.

However, I tried an all-archon build using buff that could stay in this form (Energy Armor...) and focusing on lowering the cooldown as much as possible. This means using Pure Power rune (making the cooldown 20 second), Critical Mass (with energy armor and its +crit rune) and evocation.

Im not a Theorycraft type, but seeing all this whole combination trying to reduce the down-time between each Archon use, why is it still pretty much useless? When Archon ends there is still a LONG time (which could be 15-20 second left, this seems like a whole minutes in-game...) before I can use it up again. I mean, is there a tooltip error in those numbers? Does the Pure Power rune really reduce the Cds by 100 seconds?

Im pretty confused. The spell is not useless by itself, that's not what I'm saying. However it's basically worthless to try a build focusing it.
Reply Quote
reduce to 100
Reply Quote
Also, it seems that the Archon cannot crit. I've got a 22% crit chance, and I've never seen a crit off of the archon beam. This makes the Critical Mass synergy not work very well. Might be as intended, might be a bug. If intended it should say in tooltip.
Reply Quote
Archon Left click crits though. So does the AoE. I believe it's intended that channels are unable to crit, because you could sustain things like ROF and Disintegrate via AP on Crit stat without things like Diamond Skin or Electric Armor.

It's lame. About as lame as uniques being unique equipped, and needs to be fixed to open more avenues of play. Because we're relying on cheesey gimmicks to win now.
Reply Quote
Cooldown runes as well as the passive skill Evocation (reduces cooldowns by 15%) are all broken. They don't work.

Just saying.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest
Cooldown runes as well as the passive skill Evocation (reduces cooldowns by 15%) are all broken. They don't work.

Just saying.

Not to be mean but utterly wrong.

Tooltip isn't updated. Timer is affected however. Get a stopwatch, I know I did.

Also Critical Mass makes the timer speed up to double speed for one second, and then it slows down again.

Nothing to add to topic, just quoting for falsity. Carry on.
Reply Quote

Just saying.

Not to be mean but utterly wrong.

Tooltip isn't updated. Timer is affected however. Get a stopwatch, I know I did.

Also Critical Mass makes the timer speed up to double speed for one second, and then it slows down again.

Nothing to add to topic, just quoting for falsity. Carry on.

I'm aware the tooltip is wrong. I suggest you get a stopwatch. They are broken.
Edited by BinaryStar#1708 on 5/21/2012 6:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
This is sad honestly, when I thought of this build it had so much potential. I guess an all-time (or very close to) Archon would be too OP anyway. Still for the sake of build making this makes me sad.
Reply Quote
Everyone seems to be very confused as to what pure power does.

It doesn't reduce the cool down per se. Every kill you get while in archon mode adds time back to the archon timer, making it possible to stay in archon mode indefinitely.
Reply Quote
Everyone seems to be very confused as to what pure power does.

It doesn't reduce the cool down per se. Every kill you get while in archon mode adds time back to the archon timer, making it possible to stay in archon mode indefinitely.

"Pure Power: Decreases the cooldown of Archon to 100 seconds."
Reply Quote
05/21/2012 06:00 PMPosted by Jurisnoctis

Not really. It litteraly reduce the remaining CD on your skills by 1 every critical hit. Both my Frost Nova and Dskin CD reset within 2-3s when I'm in a bunch of mobs. I got 31.0% crit, 46.0% crit if I'm buffed with Deep Freeze(Frost Nova's rune), so I crit a bunch.
Reply Quote
05/21/2012 05:20 PMPosted by Artie
Also, it seems that the Archon cannot crit. I've got a 22% crit chance, and I've never seen a crit off of the archon beam. This makes the Critical Mass synergy not work very well. Might be as intended, might be a bug. If intended it should say in tooltip.

Beam spells don't appear to crit at all. Bug or not, I'm not sure.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
only bug i see with the archon pure power is the reduce cd by 100 is defiantly not working tested it out no go i though maybe it would just stack up seconds when you kill minions to 100 seconds didnt do that ether so yea its a broken rune. as for some of the other spells i havent checked but reduced cd on frost nova works. so does the evoc works 2 hope we get a blue reply :3 to dis
Edited by Aazera#1664 on 5/22/2012 8:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
After years of reading 'reduced by' tooltips, all the D3 tooltips that use 'reduce to' are very, very confusing. And I often have to reread them.
Reply Quote
05/22/2012 08:42 AMPosted by Schãla
only bug i see with the archon pure power is the reduce cd by 100 is defiantly not working tested it out no go i though maybe it would just stack up seconds when you kill minions to 100 seconds didnt do that ether so yea its a broken rune. as for some of the other spells i havent checked but reduced cd on frost nova works. so does the evoc works 2 hope we get a blue reply :3 to dis

It's TO 100, not BY 100.

While I understand the wording is sort of silly, learn to read people.
Edited by Seraphi#1863 on 5/22/2012 8:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I have a build where I can stay in archon form nearly permanently (minus recasts).
However, my gear is not good enough yet to stay alive while doing so in Inferno.

But its definitly possible. Since archon + energy armor gives big armor/resistance boosts... It might get really interesting with high-end gear!
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
If you're trying to stay in archon form longer (or spend less time outside archon form) you're better off getting the teleport rune so when you run out of mobs to kill you can get to a new area with more mobs faster (also helps you with a defensive cooldown, something archon form lacks)... Staying in archon form is all about managing two things:

1: Killing mobs fast
2: Finding more mobs to kill, fast.

Therefore I made a spec that I used up to a4 hell to burn large packs down, something along the lines of
M1: Signature Spell, I like Lightning Blast or Piercing Orb
M2: Arcane Power dump, I like Arcane Nova...
1: Archon, Teleport
2: Familiar w/ 12% dmg
3: Magic Weapon w/ 15% dmg
4: Anything, I like to use an armor spell since they persist in Archon Form... Which Armor spell is totaly up to you. I used Ice Reflect since if even 1 mob hits you, it AOE Freezes all mobs around you.
Passives...

1: Temporal Flux, Slows enemies w/ arcane damage (archon is arcane damage)
2: & 3: are totally preference. I like Glass Cannon because well... its more damage. The last slot is really up to you, but I'd recommend something that benefits you outside Archon form, like arcane dynamo, prodigy, or astral presence.

Edit: I'd like to emphasize that I only used this for a1 NM - a4 Hell, having to respect a bit for some bosses since archon is bad against bosses you can't just nuke down. I don't think this is very viable in Inferno, at least I haven't tested it.
Edited by Belky#1560 on 5/22/2012 9:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]