Diablo® III

elemental weapons

Are elements supposed to do anything special besides turn enemies a different color? Cold seems to slow enemies down, but is poison, holy, fire, and arcane doing anything except upping damage? I'm not noticing a difference.
Reply Quote
Some classes have extra modifiers on certain elements of damage, but I'm not sure if that applies to the elemental damage on weapons.

For instance, the wizard has +20% dmg on chilled/frozen targets using frost element. So maybe that frost damage gets buffed? Granted it's probably not a gigantic bonus.

Other classes might have other elemental bonuses? I don't know anything other than wizard.

I haven't tested this though.
Edited by Nifter#1324 on 5/20/2012 8:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm looking at it more from a demon hunter angle, for example.

Forgetting any skill-based damage components, and finding out what will happen when i shoot an arrow or swing a sword with elemental damage in the weapon only.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]