Diablo® III

My monk gets crushed in INFERNO(HELP!)

Just looked at a youtube demon hunter vid, he destroyed act1 champion packs so easely. All he did was kiting all around the map. He barely ever got hit and did great damage. This got me thinking about my monk. He dies SOOOO fast. I will give you all my info. Please help

My monk:
7.1k DPS
29k HP
3.7k Armor
26% dodge
20% block
36% all resistances

Skill build:
Thunderclap
Bladestorm
Instant karma
Blazing Wrath
Air Ally
Boon of protection

Passive:
Seize the initiative
One with everything
Resolve

Havnt been able to kill 1 champion pack. I get killed very very fast. Cant really kite. Serenity and boon will keep me alive a few seconds longer. Not enough time to kill. Please, give me advise how i can kill act1 champion packs and bosses. If you need more info let me know! Thanks!
Reply Quote
bwhahaha.

Do you really think it's fun to run away from everything firing randomly at mobs you can't even see because you're so far away from them?

This game is broken, or people rushed end game content and are exploiting retarded combat - I cant' decide which.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest

This game is broken, unless you rolled a wizard or demon hunter

Fixed
Reply Quote
Do ranged classes really have such a big advantage in inferno? I was thinking melee classes have more survive skills and +30% damage reducement. Eventhough im not feeling it!!!
Reply Quote

This game is broken, unless you know how to build your character

Fixed
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
This game is broken, unless you know how to build your character into a proper Wizard or Demon Hunter
Edited by Dabrixmgp#1694 on 5/21/2012 4:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
This game is broken, unless you know how to build your characterwith the correct gear..

^_^
Reply Quote
im working my way up through act 2, i have 57% resists and 62% damage reduction with 11k dps and 61k hp. Still die a bit in act 2 inferno but im able to progress
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
05/21/2012 04:09 AMPosted by Xultair
im working my way up through act 2, i have 57% resists and 62% damage reduction with 11k dps and 61k hp. Still die a bit in act 2 inferno but im able to progress

I have half of that 32k health and 6k damage. I farmed Acts III and IV Hell all day long today, for 15 hours, and got ZERO drops I could use. Not a single rare with vit and dex on it. Everything on the AH is 200K per item so how the hell did you get gear?
Edited by Dabrixmgp#1694 on 5/21/2012 4:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
This game is broken, unless you know how to build your character into a proper Wizard or Demon Hunter and don't want to play with your friends

Fixed
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
05/21/2012 04:12 AMPosted by Tifaniä

I have half of that 32k health and 6k damage. I farmed Acts III and IV Hell all day long today, for 15 hours, and got ZERO drops I could use. Not a single rare with vit and dex on it. Everything on the AH is 200K per item so how the hell did you get gear?

I bought a lot of my gear just trying to find cheap things on the AH. Scroll through, use different search results and look for cheap items. I was also in your situation with the terrible drops but you pick up tons of gold while playing and by vendoring everything. It adds up fast.

Also, luck on drops can change fast. All of my friends found legendaries while leveling. I finally found my first tonight. They got multiple legendaries while leveling, all worthless. I get one in inferno, Tal Rasha's chest piece lololol.
Reply Quote
05/21/2012 04:09 AMPosted by Xultair

DAMN SON
Reply Quote

Yeah same thing as Wow, i hate AH because of people. I sold all items in proper price not 200K...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
05/21/2012 04:18 AMPosted by Daimen

I bought a lot of my gear just trying to find cheap things on the AH. Scroll through, use different search results and look for cheap items. I was also in your situation with the terrible drops but you pick up tons of gold while playing and by vendoring everything. It adds up fast.

Also, luck on drops can change fast. All of my friends found legendaries while leveling. I finally found my first tonight. They got multiple legendaries while leveling, all worthless. I get one in inferno, Tal Rasha's chest piece lololol.

The point is though, you shouldn't need to rely on having your friends carry you because oh look you rolled a melee class.

There is an inherent flaw in the responses. If you're a monk, you need to have friends and farm a lot more gear. But if you're a demon hunter or wizard, you just need to shoot the mobs from off the screen? That's broken.

Your response was basically to overgear and outnumber the content rather than actually face the content because monk players rolled the wrong class. That doesn't refute the argument, it strengthens it. It shouldn't be, "well at least we don't mind mortar mobs".

There's no point playing a non kiting class because you die or you're pigeonholed into requiring other people do the kiting for you until you have so much gear you can just ignore the mechanics rather than try to skillfully deal with them.
Reply Quote
200k is proper price for a good item, the heck u on about. Gold income in inferno is immense...
Reply Quote
you can use int instead of vit since int gives you magic res which is important for fighting elites
Reply Quote
05/21/2012 04:30 AMPosted by Shevarash

Yeah same thing as Wow, i hate AH because of people. I sold all items in proper price not 200K...

if you farmed acts 3 and 4 in hell for 15hrs you should have 200k to spend. and yes sometimes you get crappy items all day long but it works both ways sometime the good items just keep dropping. its Diablo that mean RANDOM drops instead of complaining you should go farm some more.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
05/21/2012 04:39 AMPosted by Icus
you can use int instead of vit since int gives you magic res which is important for fighting elites

The amount of int you would have to stack to get a reasonable amount of resists from it as a non-int class would be ridiculous.
Reply Quote
So...the only advise i got so far is to roll to a ranged class. Wow, I expected some skill builds or clues what stat to increase. :(
Reply Quote
05/21/2012 04:35 AMPosted by postikana
200k is proper price for a good item, the heck u on about. Gold income in inferno is immense...

Yeah right, 600 gold drops, takes you an hour to clear a level, including the deaths you used to pull the blues and yellows into areas you already cleared but don't need to go to to progress.

Monks are garage, I can't speak for the rest of the classes though.

It's the same retarded logic we hear in every game from people who manage to get lucky and overgear themselves for the content yet barely move forward.

Burning Crusade paladins were fine, lolret. Play a shockadin instead, there is always some asinine way you can avoid the truth.

You say Monks are fine, then upload a video of you clearing yellows and blues, or better yet, double spawns with both in it. Any moron can progress the storyline, Diablo bosses are not the hard part, and running elite mobs away from your path then dying isn't a good defense for how broken melee combat is.

Nor is it hard to manage to be carried through content by the real classes.

The problem is Diablo punishes melee too much and does not address teh glaring issue of glass canon ranged easily kiting everything. There is a gross imbalance in the game mechanics and it's too late to address them they should have been discovered during beta testing. The only thing they can do now is nerf the difficulty level and ruin the game, because if they try to make it hard on casters it's going to be too late and those people already have a massive advantage that will not be made up by any future fixes.
Edited by Balla#1245 on 5/21/2012 4:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]