Diablo® III

My monk gets crushed in INFERNO(HELP!)

15 hours - 100k (with questing)

So you're making about 6666g an hour.

Given it was said quality gear is 200k each, how many hours do you need to farm for a full set of "quality" low rent AH gear?

Hint: There are 12 slots.
Reply Quote
a monk without serenity 4 second is useless in hell, imo

How to tank a pack of elite : http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#WjgXYk!ZUX!ZbYcYc

-Always let engage ur ally
-concussion to lower dmg
-spam ally when he's dead
-blind for make them miss 60% 3 seconds
-potion if u get hit
-spam ally
-heal for fear them 1.5 sec
-spam ally
-serenity 4 sec
-spam ally
-during getting new blind/heal, try to kite for 5-6 seconds
-spam ally

ETC
Reply Quote
Half the people who complain about inferno are either a) undergeared b) retarded or c) don't realize what its designed to do.

I can farm Act 1 all day long with

12083.27 dps
58.96 damage reduction
327 resist all (52.13 reduction)
32.4 chance to dodge

I can farm the begining of act 2 with that also, but once you hit halfway through act 2 it gets harder, each section of inferno is designed to be farmed with some of the best gear possible from the previous section, so far coming from about half of an act.

Up to Skeleton King is hillariously easy and a very good point to start farming
Reply Quote
Half the people who complain about inferno are either a) undergeared b) retarded or c) don't realize what its designed to do.

12083.27 dps
58.96 damage reduction
32.4 chance to dodge

I can farm the begining of act 2 with that also, but once you hit halfway through act 2 it gets harder, each section of inferno is designed to be farmed with some of the best gear possible from the previous section, so far coming from about half of an act.

You have no problems farming champion packs with this setup? What skills are you running to tank them?
Reply Quote

Passive:
Seize the initiative
One with everything
Resolve

With One with Everything, and a resist of at least 25%, doesn't that trump all benefits of Resolve? Or am I misunderstanding something?
Reply Quote
With One with Everything, and a resist of at least 25%, doesn't that trump all benefits of Resolve? Or am I misunderstanding something?

They stack - resolve is a debuff on target
Reply Quote
I felt the same way about simple nightmare mode. You need to have range and to keep mobs off you. I build myself to support that with skills as seen here. My stats are piss poor compared to what most people post, but i believe that is due to never using the AH. Give it a shot.

The circle allows you to do some damage with trident, and the ally helps while your running for your life. obv i cannot comment on Inferno, but this helped me alot while having he same issue in NM.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#bZRjQT!Ycb!abbbbY
Reply Quote
05/21/2012 10:08 AMPosted by outplayed

They stack - resolve is a debuff on target

Does Concussion and Resolve stack?

They do.

I have 40k hp, 491 res, 5.5k armor, using concussion and resolve with that build except MoH and I get absolutely facerolled by act2/act3 champs/elites.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter

12083.27 dps
58.96 damage reduction
32.4 chance to dodge

And 100% of the people who say that the people saying melee suck on inferno haven't been past Act I inferno.

Act I Inferno is barely harder than Act 4 hell.
Reply Quote
:(
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

12083.27 dps
58.96 damage reduction
32.4 chance to dodge

And 100% of the people who say that the people saying melee suck on inferno haven't been past Act I inferno.

Act I Inferno is barely harder than Act 4 hell.

I think what he's trying to say is that you're supposed to farm Act 1 for gear. Either way he's a baseless douche.
Edited by Helios#1584 on 5/21/2012 11:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
All you need to know that there is a blatant problem are these two videos of soloing inferno Butcher:

Witch Doctor: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXWR80ZOiaI

Takes him about 30 seconds. Comes close to dying only once and only because he decides he would rather just ignore all the mechanics and stand in the fire while the butcher punches him.

Monk: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uceRleLL2G4

Takes 3 minutes. Nearly dies multiple times. Has to dodge abilities. Has to be a healer and tank in a tankless, healerless game.

But nah, there's no problem. Just farm more gear than any other class until you overgear it so hard but still need to get your friends to come with you so you can still do damage in an action game.
Edited by rainzer#1639 on 5/21/2012 3:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Monk)
View profile

Yeah same thing as Wow, i hate AH because of people. I sold all items in proper price not 200K...

Every economist who read this statement facepalmed :P
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]