Diablo® III

My monk gets crushed in INFERNO(HELP!)

Reroll.
Reply Quote
You have no idea how booring it is to play Wiz / DH in Inferno.. I can't actually kill mobs if they're on my screen that's how far I gotta kite them. xD
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
05/21/2012 05:42 PMPosted by BlackMarch
You have no idea how booring it is to play Wiz / DH in Inferno.. I can't actually kill mobs if they're on my screen that's how far I gotta kite them. xD

Well, neither can a monk or barbarian because they die without severely overgearing it. So what's the big deal?

You either have to kill the mob offscreen or don't kill it at all.

But it's "okay" because a thousand angry Blizzard fanboys will miss the point by saying you should just farm more because the game is fine. You just need to make sure you can one shot them before they one shot you.
Edited by rainzer#1639 on 5/21/2012 5:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
05/21/2012 04:54 AMPosted by Balla
200k is proper price for a good item, the heck u on about. Gold income in inferno is immense...

Yeah right, 600 gold drops, takes you an hour to clear a level, including the deaths you used to pull the blues and yellows into areas you already cleared but don't need to go to to progress.

Monks are garage, I can't speak for the rest of the classes though.

It's the same retarded logic we hear in every game from people who manage to get lucky and overgear themselves for the content yet barely move forward.

Burning Crusade paladins were fine, lolret. Play a shockadin instead, there is always some asinine way you can avoid the truth.

You say Monks are fine, then upload a video of you clearing yellows and blues, or better yet, double spawns with both in it. Any moron can progress the storyline, Diablo bosses are not the hard part, and running elite mobs away from your path then dying isn't a good defense for how broken melee combat is.

Nor is it hard to manage to be carried through content by the real classes.

The problem is Diablo punishes melee too much and does not address teh glaring issue of glass canon ranged easily kiting everything. There is a gross imbalance in the game mechanics and it's too late to address them they should have been discovered during beta testing. The only thing they can do now is nerf the difficulty level and ruin the game, because if they try to make it hard on casters it's going to be too late and those people already have a massive advantage that will not be made up by any future fixes.

There is a reason they called it "Inferno"
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Why? So uninformed fanboys can blindly defend it while ignoring facts because they needed a catchy adjective to describe the temperature of hell?

Got it.
Edited by rainzer#1639 on 5/21/2012 6:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
dude just w8 till pvp comes out (hi im monk, you cant tuch me for more then 6 sec while i do dmg to you i got heal and tons of gap closers and imba crowd control to pwn your face even harder. just give up. Almost forget that you are barbarian and you cant even attack me or even get close due to my awsome skills) and you will find your point in dps monk. 49lvl pure dps monk here (7k hp only) nightmare act 4. All you need is Dashing Strike in the grup of minions falowed by Sweeping Wind and Serenity. now cuple of autos to gain some spirit and when serenity end you can use Seven-Sided Strike(stun rune help a bit until your cd are back again). at this point fight is over probably unless its elite so you just w8 for serenity cd (almost up after seven sided). Congratulations you just ended fight being untouchable 70% of time. GG ahh ye mantra of healing(shild rune) or dodge one. spam if you can every 3 sec to get shild/aditional 15% dodge (Transcendence pasive makes aura spaming a great self heal with no cd;p). Personaly i use dodge but that probably gonna chenge on hell since im working on a bit of vit before it so the shild gonna be imba. srrr for mistakes if i made one my english isnt perfect.
Edited by BugiPL#2838 on 5/21/2012 6:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
To the op, the dh on the video probably has like 26k damage and 2.2 attack per second. While maintaining less than 20k health.

I reached 60 on sunday, with only 35k hp, 5k damage and literally no resist. Went into inferno act 1 the first mob pretty much 2 shot me.

Now I m at 27k damage, 30k hp, 4.5k armor, 410 resist to all, and 33% dodge.

When I m soloing elite pack in act 1, as long its not with shield, I can destroy them even faster than the dh in the video while having them actually on my screen.

It's just a matter of gear farming and having the right setup and follower.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter

When I m soloing elite pack in act 1

Hey look, it's another person going with the "at least we're fine in act I".
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
I have yet to go into act 2 as I am trying to get 710 resist to all and 30k damage with only Boh buff, while dropping deadly reach for blinding flash. There's a video of a dps monk around on youtube doing act 2 but its a korean version D3.

Instead of crying on the forum, how about you try to optimize your monk to be able to progress?

Barb is fine as well, my mate barb is soloing act 3 inferno atm, but the thing is he has 75k damage, everything in act 2 just get demolish by him before they even do any damage to him.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter

Instead of crying on the forum, how about you try to optimize your monk to be able to progress?

See "missing the point".

You went from my original statement of lol Act 1 to lol you should just wait until you overgear it.

Meanwhile, the ranged classes can actually do the content on equal footing. Weird how that works. You goin to move to the next predictable fanboy response?
Edited by rainzer#1639 on 5/21/2012 7:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Barb is fine as well, my mate barb is soloing act 3 inferno atm, but the thing is he has 75k damage, everything in act 2 just get demolish by him before they even do any damage to him.

Good afternoon Junu, any chance you can link to the build that hes using to solo inferno, i would be very keen to see what type of build hes using with that much DPS.

Also whats his Armour and Hit Points totals, he must be running with some very nice gear.
Edited by YOUnique#1468 on 5/21/2012 8:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote

See "missing the point".

You went from my original statement of lol Act 1 to lol you should just wait until you overgear it.

Meanwhile, the ranged classes can actually do the content on equal footing. Weird how that works. You goin to move to the next predictable fanboy response?

I can't speak for Wizards, but Demon Hunters can get away with moving instantly into the next level of content because of how easy it is to spam Smoke Screen. It nullifies the need to actually survive anything. I can get about 21 seconds of straight invulnerability on my DH that allows me to fully DPS my target. I can also spread out the 21 seconds, say, between Mortar volleys.

It sounds like you expected to be able to immediately walk into the next quest up into and through Inferno. The DH and, I'm assuming the Wizard as well, can do this because they can avoid (a lot of) damage by their skills, or by kiting.

Smoke Screen spam is overpowered and will most likely get nerfed.

But for you to think that gear should not be prerequisite to progress through the final part of the game is silly. Once you kill Inferno Diablo, there is nothing else right now. It shouldn't be handed to you regardless of gear.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter

But for you to think that gear should not be prerequisite to progress through the final part of the game is silly. Once you kill Inferno Diablo, there is nothing else right now. It shouldn't be handed to you regardless of gear.

Gear is obviously a pre-requisite. But there is a huge disparity between the levels of gear needed for a melee to just survive and for a range to demolish.

At the level of barely surviving for a ranged class, a melee class would be smoked sideways. At the level of barely surviving for a melee class, a ranged class would be considered well overgeared.

That's a problem. If you don't see this as a problem, that's on you. That's not on the rest of us for not understanding what a Diablo game is. That's you needing to take off your fanboy blinders.

What people want is the ability to walk in and approach the content on equal footing. Not see one guy kill the thing in 30 seconds without a problem and then have their own class struggle to barely do the same in the same amount of gear to do the same in 3 minutes.

It's supposed to be a tankless, healerless game. So why are all the fanboys telling the melee that we should farm up until we're tanky healers just so we can survive the content all the ranged classes are blowing up?
Edited by rainzer#1639 on 5/21/2012 10:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
My dodge is almost twice as high as yours with no dodging abilities I'm level 55 in act I of hell I actually got my achievement "like water" in hell mode tonight
Edited by SixRiverStyx#1665 on 5/21/2012 10:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/21/2012 03:53 AMPosted by Krijs
Do ranged classes really have such a big advantage in inferno? I was thinking melee classes have more survive skills and +30% damage reducement. Eventhough im not feeling it!!!

Krijs,

a wiz with average gear can tank the 4 group monsters alone and kill them alone without dying once.

Especially in the sewers in act2. I was dying dying dying dying and the wizard never died...

Monk is dependent on gear. When you have a 1000dps 1H and everything else you will three shot normal mobs too.
Edited by Hundert#2551 on 5/21/2012 10:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
my monk takes on most of act 2 just fine, it gets tough when champs and elites have shielding on them but other than that i can take on most anything on act 2 inferno.

62k hp
68% damage reduction
66% resistance to everything
20% block
9k dps
32% dodge
~300 natural life regen
~550 life stolen on hit

I think those numbers are accurate, would have to check once the servers are up and I'll edit if i need to, but with those stats you should be able to get near the end of act 2, i havent cleared it yet myself but working towards it. And I'm a monk
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
05/21/2012 04:54 AMPosted by Balla
The problem is Diablo punishes melee too much and does not address teh glaring issue of glass canon ranged easily kiting everything. There is a gross imbalance in the game mechanics and it's too late to address them they should have been discovered during beta testing. The only thing they can do now is nerf the difficulty level and ruin the game, because if they try to make it hard on casters it's going to be too late and those people already have a massive advantage that will not be made up by any future fixes.

I remember reading the tips when acts are loading saying something about how melee takes 30%(?) less damage than ranged classes. Couldn't they just implement something like making ranged do 30% less damage to fix the issue?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]