Diablo® III

MONK IS OP

Sorry about the caps, cause I need to draw your attention.
Stop saying monk sux. I started with my monk and now I just beat the SK in inferno. For all monk players, I just want to say that you are not barbarian with a lot of ccs. In contrast, monk deals tons of damage without even build defense. The following link is my build, please give some advice if you can.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#aXgTjh!dXT!abYcba
The key is Serenity and seven-side strike.
Note that the build works for solo, especially facing elites
Not sure if anyone agrees with the following:no matter how tanky you build, your monk instantly die when you out of serenity. However, there is a trick to abuse your serenity and seven-side strike. Serenity provided 4 secs (with rune) with invincibility and you cannot be attacked when you use your seven-side strike. So go in to a dungeon with an exist (which means you can get out of the dungeon instantly). Now kite the elites next to the exit. The rest is easy. Get in the dungeon with serenity and free dps on the minions (it is important to clean the minion first before killing the elite if the elite does not have the immune minions). Then as soon as you finish your 4 secs damage, use seven-side strike. Hit several time and burst your heal then hit the exit to leave the dungeon. W8 until the serenity cd and rotate. It has no risk and easy kill for most elites unless you are the unlucky one. I only failed once with this strategy in the act I so far.

monk is fun. but he is doing much better in solo game or 2 players game than 4. Hope it helps you guys who are struggling.
In the end, I just want to some of the stats. Damage is 8000+, with heaven breathe rune, it reaches 10000 constantly. 25k hp and less than 4k armor.
Reply Quote
Sorry about the caps, cause I need to draw your attention.
Stop saying monk sux. I started with my monk and now I just beat the SK in inferno. For all monk players, I just want to say that you are not barbarian with a lot of ccs. In contrast, monk deals tons of damage without even build defense. The following link is my build, please give some advice if you can.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#aXgTjh!dXT!abYcba
The key is Serenity and seven-side strike.
Note that the build works for solo, especially facing elites
Not sure if anyone agrees with the following:no matter how tanky you build, your monk instantly die when you out of serenity. However, there is a trick to abuse your serenity and seven-side strike. Serenity provided 4 secs (with rune) with invincibility and you cannot be attacked when you use your seven-side strike. So go in to a dungeon with an exist (which means you can get out of the dungeon instantly). Now kite the elites next to the exit. The rest is easy. Get in the dungeon with serenity and free dps on the minions (it is important to clean the minion first before killing the elite if the elite does not have the immune minions). Then as soon as you finish your 4 secs damage, use seven-side strike. Hit several time and burst your heal then hit the exit to leave the dungeon. W8 until the serenity cd and rotate. It has no risk and easy kill for most elites unless you are the unlucky one. I only failed once with this strategy in the act I so far.

monk is fun. but he is doing much better in solo game or 2 players game than 4. Hope it helps you guys who are struggling.
In the end, I just want to some of the stats. Damage is 8000+, with heaven breathe rune, it reaches 10000 constantly. 25k hp and less than 4k armor.

Nice idea I say worth a try. Hm maybe its abit faster to just take bonus spirit passive and spam wall of light with - spirit rune while serenity is on. Can cast 6 times=(280%x6=1680%dmg) then door it.
Reply Quote
05/21/2012 06:21 AMPosted by Delekii
Monsters often resolve attacks on you before you can respond when walking through a door. You are equally liable to click the door and die before you can get serenity off. Even under the lowest of latency, you are relying on the pc-controlled monster to react slower than the combined latency of your keyboard and your connection. It will work sometimes, others you will die.

I think he is suggesting you pop serenity right before you enter the dungeon, which in theory would work. But this is just a really lame way to play. I would rather find a way to just kill them without hiding.
Reply Quote
Yeah, just because you can do something like that doesn't mean it would be fun. That strat sounds boring and un-fun.

I have found the monk to be very well balanced and fun to play. Stop saying they are OP or they will get nerfed.

That is all.
Reply Quote
SK is easy on inferno. Now tell me that build works with elite mobs.

DH supposedly 1 shots SK using SS. What's your point?
Reply Quote
Gl in act 2 let me know how it goes champ.

I had 0 issues with act 1, i didn't even have to use your lame playstyle to kill the packs/elites. But act 2 is stupid.
Edited by Oldsport#1221 on 5/21/2012 6:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]