Diablo® III

Infernal Gear reqs to survive more than 1 hit

I have 30k HP, 610 Res Physical and 500 Res all. I can take 3 hits from most things.
90% of it was from crating and trying to get 150+ DEX, 60+ RES all 50+ physical res on every slot.

I only lose 20k damage with this gear, and still have a respectable 73k with sharp.

Cleared all infernal, both solo and group.

Build is SS + Prep + Stuff
Reply Quote
I cant imagine what type of gear it would actually take for those stats. I am going to call BS, but you can always prove it if you want.
Reply Quote
What's your battletag? add me and hop in a game.
Reply Quote
I was one of the first to act 2+ inferno, so I've been selling weapons for millions for days. Using it to craft or buy gear.
Reply Quote
05/22/2012 12:15 AMPosted by Azreal
I was one of the first to act 2+ inferno, so I've been selling weapons for millions for days. Using it to craft or buy gear.

See that ^^^
That sure doesn't look like a screenshot.
Reply Quote

Pretty poor use of hyperbole considering how long the game has been out and considering it took you at least 2 days or so to make it to inferno
Reply Quote
View profile
I want to believe you. Show me a screenshot of an item with 60 res all please. I don't really wanna go in game right now. Maybe tomorrow.

Ok assuming this is true, do you think you can get even better durability than you currently have?

Do you think Inferno will be dumb until we have full sets of radiant star gems and completely maximum gear?
Edited by Khristophoro#1862 on 5/22/2012 12:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Here some's item screenshots Khristophoro:

http://i.imgur.com/HIFbt.png

it's taking forever to do, since I'm on a laptop that can barely run diablo 3 for the next few hours.

Damage is inflated because I use crossbow with gem, and 2 crit dmg rings, crit dmg amulet, crit dmg gloves
Reply Quote
View profile
It's good to see that you're clearly not maxed out yet. So there's hope.

btw what's your armor? That matters a lot too.
Edited by Khristophoro#1862 on 5/22/2012 12:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Add me, I'd love to hop in a game and talk for a bit.
Reply Quote
what dps without sharpshooter? I can't really comprehend what 72k means with sharpshooter since the +crit% just makes it crazy higher than it should be
Reply Quote
I don't know why people ever post their dps with sharpshooter. That isn't your dps at all. That is your dps for one, single second if you haven't done anything at all for like 30 seconds. Utterly irrelevant.
Reply Quote
I have 30k HP, 610 Res Physical and 500 Res all. I can take 3 hits from most things.
90% of it was from crating and trying to get 150+ DEX, 60+ RES all 50+ physical res on every slot.

I only lose 20k damage with this gear, and still have a respectable 73k with sharp.

Not really trying to discredit you in any way, but if you're going to use all that resist, why go SS//Prep Cheese buiild?

The further I get into Inferno the less gayness of the build seems necessary
Reply Quote

I have ~20-22k HP and I can survive a hit, but just the one hit, and not from anything particularly large. I'm also noticing that I'll likely have to get good rolls on Blacksmithing for gear.

I don't see what the dif is between surviving 1 hit and surviving 3 hits. You're still going to die to a group of Inferno Champion/elite/rare after the 3rd hit aren't you? I mean it's not like you have enough of heals to KEEP UP with the damage.

If you die to three hits instead of one hit, you have more reaction time. If you reduce a mob to half health and instantly die because you messed up, the mob may heal to full by the time you're back. If you don't instantly die when you make a mistake, it's possible to resume kiting and kill the mob. Being able to survive just that one hit makes a world of difference.

05/22/2012 01:25 AMPosted by Kimosami
Not really trying to discredit you in any way, but if you're going to use all that resist, why go SS//Prep Cheese buiild?

Probably because it makes Jailer mobs and instant-charge mobs a lot less annoying.
Reply Quote

The further I get into Inferno the less gayness of the build seems necessary

its not 'cheese' its the only viable build. call arcano mages 'cheese'
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]