Diablo® III

Teleporter/Vortex/Fast (Staying alive, solo)

How does a Wizard kill these?

I have 35% Force Armour + Diamond Skin (not talking about that build, just using them normally with Vit and all), and have tried everything from Frost Nova to Wave of Force, 80% Slow Time etc.

How does a Wizard stay alive long enough to even do anything to these elites?
Reply Quote
Lol I just asked the exact same question. Hopefully one of us will get an answer.
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#acOSjX!aUf!YYYZbZ

Try that, a build I've been using and posted in a thread I made a day ago. Need a fast 1h though and preferably source. Diamond Skin as necessary but otherwise just kite kite kite, spam AO and MM when low on AP and more AO and more AO.

Use Templar too, with all his heals and hp regen and his last skill the one that he jumps in, knocks everyone back and heals you again.
Edited by articulate#1427 on 5/22/2012 8:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
What difficultly, I have completed hell, those mobs need to be kited as best as possible. Sometimes with certain combos (such as these) I found it easier to kite till they pull, pop diamond shield, do as much damage as possible, die, rinse repeat. Not the best advice but some mobs combos are just insane
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#acOXlR!TUf!YYYaaa

There you go, kite with blizzard, and hydras for dps while you can't.
Reply Quote
NO! You will need teleport. It is the best way to get out of imprison, vortex, or entrapment. Use the runestone which gives you to extra copies.
Don't waste diamond skin or teleport so you can stand in one spot and use your attacks. Use them so you can get out of tight situations
Reply Quote
How does a Wizard kill these? I have 35% Force Armour + Diamond Skin (not talking about that build, just using them normally with Vit and all), and have tried everything from Frost Nova to Wave of Force, 80% Slow Time etc.How does a Wizard stay alive long enough to even do anything to these elites?

Forcer Armor build + teleport (with rune that procs mirror images) with illusionist passive. Everytime you get hit it will reset your teleport. So if they teleport on to you and hit you, you teleport. If they catch up to you and hit you, you teleport. If they pull you in for a vortex, you teleport. That passive can be extremely beneficial for damn near impossible groups. But you must use the force armor build to guarantee every time you are hit, you can teleport immediately.
Reply Quote
Hi guys, thanks for all your replies.

Just wanted to give a huge shoutout to Articulate's build.

THANK YOU SO MUCH it absolutely works. Hell Act 3 actually became enjoyable for me tonight.

I've taken the liberty of switching the Magic Weapon to have Blood Magic, and this coupled with my 2.40% life steal sword just adds that much to my survivability.

Thank you again, thank you!!!! :)
Reply Quote
Teleport/Fracture + Illusionist
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]