Diablo® III

Gold drop rate

85 Night Elf Druid
First off I've been mostly playing normal mode and first act of nightmare, but on starting a different class to try it out I've found that even with no gear my new character is seeing insane numbers of gold drops. the amount of gold per drop is about right but I will hit a stump and get 13 'piles' of gold.

Has anyone else come across this?

It seems to me that the number of gold drops has been going up with account "played" time, I've been slow, redone acts and bosses cause I never played much of D1 or D2 and am still learning the game but it seems like the number of piles is increasing.

Anyone know if I'm just lucky as hell or if there is some mechanic to the game that increases gold drops?
Reply Quote
Blizzard acknowledges you as a cash cow aka WoW player, so you're probably prioritized in the meticulously controlled QoS.
Reply Quote
The game just drops a ton of piles of gold to make it seem like more. It could drop it all in one pile.
Edited by Gangletox#1371 on 5/22/2012 10:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
05/22/2012 10:41 AMPosted by Dhaos
Blizzard acknowledges you as a cash cow aka WoW player, so you're probably prioritized in the meticulously controlled QoS.

My friend is at the same point in D3 and a Wow Player with less time in D3 and see less gold drops and has a higher +Gold Drop %

05/22/2012 10:44 AMPosted by Gorglefrumpf
The game just drops a ton of piles of gold to make it seem like more. It could drop it all in one pile.

Yes, there are tons, However what I was noticing is that now I'm seeing even more, I used to see 1 pile every 3rd stump, now I see 4-12 per stump. I'm simply trying to see if anyone else has come across this.

and I'm using stump as an example, could be pots, barrels, coffins, logs... etc

Also to forestall the inevitable the number of coins per drop is higher now. I was seeing one pile of 7 coins, now I see 4-12 piles of 13-50 coins, and my nightmare character sees the same number of piles but they are of 30-250 coins.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]