Diablo® III

Boon of Protection Hotfix - 5/22

Community Manager
We're in the process of removing the on-use benefits of the Mantra of Healing rune, Boon of Protection. The hotfix change is:

• Amount of damage absorbed is now capped at the amount of healing provided by Mantra of Healing in the first 3 seconds after activation

We recommend discontinuing its use until the rune is replaced with a new rune and mechanic in a future patch.

The Boon of Protection rune was approximately ten times over its budget on the benefits it provided, and it was quite simply a mistake on our part to let the rune ship as it was. We don't intend to take these quick and drastic measures often, but considering the severity of the issue, we felt it important to correct it swiftly.

We're shooting to post a full list of recent hotfixes tomorrow, and will be looking to answer questions once that's live.
Right on.
Thanks for the communication.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....... my imba ;(
Thanks for a great game and for your continued care and support!
Interesting how this is the first to be patched
cool, now just fix legendarys
So you made Inferno too hard for monks, and let's not even get into barbs, then nerf one of the runes. A+
I didn't use it anyway, I must've been missing out
Now I can actually use other mantras!
05/22/2012 09:38 PMPosted by Geemsean
Interesting how this is the first to be patched

I have to agree, i was thinking more about mages running around with 5k hp and energy shield: force armor, soloing inferno within the first few days... mmm =p
Not force armor but this? Any monk can attest to its power?
lol
Same never really used it. 56 monk in hell
Edited by SixRiverStyx#1665 on 5/22/2012 9:40 PM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]