Diablo® III

Boon of Protection Hotfix - 5/22

That is not better than Breath of Heaven's 6202-7442 on a 15 second cooldown for 25 spirit.
That is not better than Serenity's Rune Peaceful Repose's 6202-7752 on a 20 second cooldown for 10 spirit.

The issue with those is that they HAVE A COOLDOWN. Mantra spam is great because they don't have a cooldown, thus they fill in the gaps where you die. With the Transcendence passive they actually heal for a decent amount.
I was wondering why monks made the group invincible
05/22/2012 09:57 PMPosted by Bashiok
All great and dandy but now the Monk class is dead late game until some unknown time... Now what?

We've made a number of class changes (again, intend to post about all of them tomorrow) and we want to monitor how those shake out before we attack any content difficulty changes. Our intent is to get classes a bit more aligned, verify no new issues crop up from these hotfixes, and then considering all the factors we'll look at content. It's not a preferred method of operating, I'd say, but just because the game is so new we don't think quick decisions on overall balance is the right approach when the metagame is still shifting.

Are there any hot buffs for barb...please?
Nerf us into the ground blizzard. You are creating this game into a range and run play and im going to another character at the moment.

Those other OP chars wont be so OP without a tank and melee in front of them to take the damage
I'm confused. They mess with this, and leave the infinite spirit that spawns the problem alone?
weird
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=VMCWTfrSEDg

thanks, monk is too easy imo.

Because he beat something on hell? He didn't even use the rune that's being nerfed...
My one source of shielding that saves my friends lives is now gone! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Well, why remove it now? Just change it in the patch
05/22/2012 10:24 PMPosted by WiredRayne
I'm confused. They mess with this, and leave the infinite spirit that spawns the problem alone?

good call
How about the 3006 & 3007's get fixed first, and put a server closer to the west coast of canada so I don't have 200ms ping all the time
90 Pandaren Warrior
What a !@#$ing joke, nerf the classes that can barely survive Inferno as it is into the ground while still letting Wizzies and Demon Hunters solo it like mad.

Its even sadder because the damage is done to the AH already with Act 4 Inferno items floating around. Now if you take that away, the people who got in there early and got them will be set for a long time and everyone else will be screwed.

This game shouldn't have shipped without more high level testing.

You may as well just hotfix everyone but DH and Wizard out of the game.
Edited by Lightmgl#1403 on 5/22/2012 10:28 PM PDT
At first, I thought this was a serious issue that needed fixing...

until I got to inferno....

given that melee classes are effectively broken in inferno, would it not serve everyone better to leave this in until the time that melee can be fixed simultaneously?

After this nerf, I wont be able to tank anything at all.....I already have a hard enough time in inferno compared to ranged friends
At first, I thought this was a serious issue that needed fixing...

until I got to inferno....

given that melee classes are effectively broken in inferno, would it not serve everyone better to leave this in until the time that melee can be fixed simultaneously?

After this nerf, I wont be able to tank anything at all.....I already have a hard enough time in inferno compared to ranged friends

Trust me, everyone else than ranged, are having trouble in Inferno act2+
1 Human Warrior
Two monk nerfs in one day and they apparently aren't even able to solo Diablo?
lols.
Now fix barbs with 60k hp can't tank anything in Inferno but Wizards with 4k hp can tank hell diablo with ease?
Edited by Rush#1448 on 5/22/2012 10:30 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Paladin
it will be starcraft again, where everyone will use the same things
As a Monk, I am very happy to see this fix.

I rolled a monk to play the highly mobile dual weilding fighter it was intended to be. My compassion for the game went out the window when I reached Hell level and had to switch to this build and a shield.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]