Diablo® III

Possible bot in AH, oubidding me INSTANTLY

I was trying to bid on this quiver "Undaunted Bodkins", I would bid on it, and suddenly i get message that someone outbid me. I was like "Ok." and I bid again. Someone outbid me again, most likely the same guy. I would do this over and over, I'd even take 5,10, 1 hour breaks between the bid and ALWAYS, someone would oubid me INSTANTLY.

Something is up. No way in hell is anyone this diligent. It is extremely suspicious and you know what, I like this game and I won't stand for something like bots in AH, so much so, I actually made a thread about it. Please let this be noticed so that maybe someone can do something about it or look into it, thanks for reading.
Reply Quote
Why do you assume that the only people browsing the AH are you and one other guy?
Reply Quote
It's automatic for higher bids. Say you have an item at current bid of 10,000, I can go set a bid of 20,000 but it will keep bidding in small increments until it reaches that 20k.
Reply Quote
86 Human Mage
I believe the AH works just like Ebay. You put in a Max Bid and the system will automatically bid for you up until your max bid is reached.
Reply Quote
lol there are thousands of people playing at any given time... I am having the same problem trying to buy gems... it is a pain in the duppa but it is what it is...
Reply Quote
there are 100% bots on the AH. post almost any Ruby gem and it sells before i even post it. every time its instant.

my theory is the "chinese wow gold farmers" are "farming" the AH now with gold, then intend to sell it all on RMAH.
Reply Quote
Mainframe hacking chines bots
Reply Quote
05/23/2012 03:38 PMPosted by iNoob

this
Reply Quote
86 Undead Death Knight
05/23/2012 03:36 PMPosted by Fluffhead
there are 100% bots on the AH. post almost any Ruby gem and it sells before i even post it. every time its instant.
Alternately, there are literally millions of people on the AH and the churn on rubies is thousands per second.
Reply Quote
There is not millions of people on the ah at any second. Stupid. I really hope you feel stupid.
Edited by HareClub#1172 on 5/23/2012 3:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/23/2012 03:39 PMPosted by Fluffhead

this

Wow those chinese, they sure are awesome hackers! They hack into Blizzard's "mainframe" *snicker* and then spend the day outbidding and insta-buying gems to sell for gold which they will then sell for real money!!!!!!!!

Or they could just hack a bank and steal the money that way...since they're so awesome at hacking "mainframes" right?
Reply Quote
05/23/2012 03:31 PMPosted by Xyila
I believe the AH works just like Ebay. You put in a Max Bid and the system will automatically bid for you up until your max bid is reached.

Yep.

Item for 5K, 60K buyout-

Player 1 - Bid max of 15K; 5K is bid and will win if not for Player 2.
Player 2 - Bid max of 10K; Player 2 is immediately outbid by Player 1, with minimum bid now set to 10K + some minimum amount (like 10,500 or something).
Player 3 - Bid max of 20K; Player 1 is outbid, price now sits at 15,500 or so

ETC....
Reply Quote
if u are sure its a bot that will outbid anything, place a bid for all your money and teach them a lesson. its a risky strategy, but hey, put your money where your mouth is! otherwise just bid the maximum amount you are willing to pay for the item and if u get outbid, move on.
Reply Quote
86 Undead Death Knight
05/23/2012 03:42 PMPosted by HareClub
There is not millions of people on the ah at any second. Stupid. I really hope you feel stupid.
Oh, cool, where do you get your stats from?
Reply Quote
05/23/2012 03:40 PMPosted by Descretoria
Alternately, there are literally millions of people on the AH and the churn on rubies is thousands per second.
yes a whole countries worth of people are playing diablo 3 but not only that, they are on the AH every second.
Reply Quote
05/23/2012 03:45 PMPosted by Descretoria
Oh, cool, where do you get your stats from?

The same place u do. There's what at most 10 million playing this game at the most. How many are logged on at the same time. 5%? I have like 15 friends and like only 2 are ever one at the same time (usually). So now if there was a million people on how many are in the game? 85%. Okay so 10% is in the ah with the other are afk or chatting it up. K so let's think about the diversity of levels. I don't think 10% of people logged on are in the ah. I play like 2 hours then go to the ah then 2 hours rinse repeat.
Reply Quote
Piginabag

Why do you assume that the only people browsing the AH are you and one other guy?

it was too sketchy to assume people(several or just one) outbidding me constantly, sure its possible what you are saying but for some reason I doubt it.. sorry if that doesn't help :/
Reply Quote
05/23/2012 03:31 PMPosted by Quicktrip
It's automatic for higher bids. Say you have an item at current bid of 10,000, I can go set a bid of 20,000 but it will keep bidding in small increments until it reaches that 20k.

WELL DON'T I FEEL DUMB. Thank you for that. :| Sorry for taking thread space!
Reply Quote
100 Undead Death Knight
If an item is currently showing an openign bid of 5K and a buyout of 100K, and I really REALLY want it ... I might set my maximum bid to 80K.

So when you set your masimum bid of 10K, the computer runs a little bidding war between you and me, I come out on top, and you'r einstantly informed that you've been outbid. Not because I've done anything after you place your bid ... but because I've already notified the system I want to keep re-bidding, up to a bid of 80K, whenever necessary to stay in the winning position.

JUST LIKE HOW IT WORKS ON EBAY.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]