Diablo® III

Only 19k people in public games??

05/23/2012 03:56 PMPosted by GeminiEclips
People play single player. We've learned from WoW that pugging is !@#$.

Quoting, yet again, for truth.
Reply Quote
Okay your saying, OVER millions of the people are aware about the hacking? I'm pretty sure there are millions alone that don't even browse these servers and at least are kids that play the game for joyment.

HOW IS THERE NOT OVER 75k PEOPLE PLAYING! WE NEED AN ANSWER
Reply Quote
Public games is not an indication of how many people are online.

I have only joined 1 public game and that was for the achievement only.

I solo play or play with my friends only.
Reply Quote
83 Night Elf Hunter
Okay your saying, OVER millions of the people are aware about the hacking? I'm pretty sure there are millions alone that don't even browse these servers and at least are kids that play the game for joyment.

This is what I want to know as well
Reply Quote
05/23/2012 04:00 PMPosted by Ghost

There most likely are over 75k people playing. Well over that number. The 19k is for people in PUBLIC games. That means there are only 19k currently online that are willing to allow others to join their games.

Again, the most likely reason is that single player is fine for a game like this. There's no motivation to open to the public. If you want to join with others, it's more likely that you'll party up with a friend or two.
Reply Quote

Who does that anyway?

Very few people want to experience their first playthrough with complete strangers. Nobody !@#$ing wants that.

The numbers will go up once the majority of the 6 million players have finished the storyline, but even then - a lot of them will keep playing single player. And not with random strangers.
Reply Quote
Becuase I don't like the idea of allowing someone I don't know into my game and then having them show up in my recently played with list and bugging me all the time.
Reply Quote
How do you play games with your friends without going on public games?
Reply Quote
Many of the buyers are casual, they play the first few days of the weekend after release of a game and put it down. No one talks in public games, if someone goes afk or wanders off no one seems to notice.

Check back this weekend.
Edited by Gil#1384 on 5/23/2012 4:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Again, how do you play games with your friends without making your game public games?
Reply Quote
05/23/2012 04:04 PMPosted by Ghost
How do you play games with your friends without going on public games?

It's not a public game if you simply invite a friend through your friends list. It's a public game if you go to the options menu and make it a public game. Inviting a friend doesn't mean random people can jump in anytime. Only making the game public will.
Reply Quote
Do remember games aren't enabled for public by default. I'm sure most people don't even know they have to hit esc then allow their game for public. Whatever is set as default always gets the most usage.
Edited by Kelebek#1263 on 5/23/2012 4:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
Stop and consider it grabs a pool of people that you have a good connection with?
Reply Quote
I never plan to play public games.

Diablo as a series has always been more fun for me as a single player experience. I'll just assume I'm not alone.
Reply Quote
I have over 20 people on my friends list and someone is always on.
And even if they aren't on, I want to hear the story dialog. Not have people skip through it for me as I haven't seen it yet.

Sadly, one of the things we noted in beta is the lack of public game names like Diablo2 had is also a huge drawback.

Diablo 2, quick public game names like rush, Cow level, or Act 2 quests, made it very easy to pick and choose what you wanted to do. Now, you have no choice. It's pure random unless you get with friends.
Reply Quote
http://www.flickr.com/photos/79222495@N04/7258600972/

Hahahahahahhahahah!

Mind you, a decent amount of those people are probably bots, but there are also a lot of Eastern item-sellers on D3 as well, so they're both inflated.

The one good thing about how bad D3 is is that it reminded me of how good D2 is.
Reply Quote
most people play with their friends which is why you do not see millions on public and with the possible hackers looming the public servers, its better this way to just play alone or with friends.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
That's weird, I wonder if it's based on ... yeah I have no idea. It could be correct as while people play multiplayer games with their friends (and by the current stats about 1/5 are in multiplayer games) not too many open up their games to public. The rumors of public game hacking could also be scaring people away from it (which is nonsense, FYI). Anyway, hundreds and hundreds of thousands of people are currently playing on the Americas server alone, and we're not fully into peak hours. On a Wednesday.
Reply Quote
That is what I don't understand. Makes me not want to play the game anymore.

I wish Blizzard would confirm this. It should be at least 100k, but it's not.

It should be 100k in public at minimum
The game is dying, was 29k then 25k now it's like 15-19k

game has been out a week

its dying

never change bnet forums, never change
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]