Diablo® III

...Just got hacked with an AUTHENTICATOR

(Locked)

58 Night Elf Death Knight

Blizzard doesn't use RSA, so whats your point again?

Yes they do. The authenticator tokens are the EXACT SAME MODEL as the ones that I have used for countless companies that say "RSA" on them that are sold by RSA. It just has a WoW or SC sticker on it.

But they don't use RSA, they use Vasco, completely different company, so if RSA had their database hacked it has no relevance to Vasco's codes.
You need a REAL TRUE TO LIFE RSA TOKEN.

Dial in can be hacked
Your cell phone can be hacked (and probably is)
Your PC can be hacked

You need the hardware device. Was your account worth five bucks or whatever?

Is this really what you are going with? That all 3 were hacked?

The dude should also buy a lottery ticket today.

I don't think he should. If he bought a lotto ticket, with his luck, it's more than likely it would be hacked, too. @_@
View profile
Gosh OP, didn't you know you were supposed to have an Activision Chip implanted at birth to protect from hacking?

Welcome to the !@#$ing internet. Yes, they should come with the account. No, they do not.

Do you really want to place your principles about what SHOULD BE in front of what IS?

You need GAS for your CAR but it doesn't come with it. You NEED an authenticator to play online games.

Also bull!@#$. If it's REQUIRED it should be clearly stated that it's REQUIRED. It's highly suggested by Blizz, but it's certainly not required. Or, as you so eloquently put it, gas is REQUIRED for your car to run, but is not REQUIRED for you to log into D3 and play. Oh, and the rest of the internet does not require authenticators. I'm not sure if you've been on the rest of the internet, but I thought I'd let you know.

It's required if you don't understand the 500-1000 dollar machine that you purchased and surf in the worst black !@#$holes of the !@#$ internet and download whatever random toolbars and smileys that you want and just keep clicking next through every installer that you download from sources that you have no reason to trust.

It's like insurance. You don't always have to have it, but for many people it effectively is a requirement.
Edited by Flapjack#1241 on 5/23/2012 6:12 PM PDT
100 Tauren Shaman

Yes they do. The authenticator tokens are the EXACT SAME MODEL as the ones that I have used for countless companies that say "RSA" on them that are sold by RSA. It just has a WoW or SC sticker on it.

No, they absolutely do not. The keyfobs are Vasco DigiPass-6, NOT RSA.
05/23/2012 06:11 PMPosted by GeorgePatton
Lol the OP isn't very bright.That only works for WOW. You shouldn't try those free gold websites.
Pot, meet kettle. Nice to see you again George. You need a new line though. The free gold thing is pretty played out...
58 Night Elf Death Knight
Dial in doesn't work for diablo

It's like blaming the locksmith for a crappy lock on your house because your car got jacked.

or blaming the locksmith for a crappy door lock when the thief climbed in the window you left open
100 Night Elf Hunter

No, they're Digipass keyfobs from VASCO.

Edit: Heh, should've read the rest of the thread before posting and avoided being Post No. 1014812409 saying the same thing :P
Edited by Bird#1227 on 5/23/2012 6:14 PM PDT

No, they absolutely do not. The keyfobs are Vasco DigiPass-6, NOT RSA.

And your point is? I have never been hacked and neither have two dozen of my friends with tokens. We all think that hacking stories are trolls or stupid people.
Community Manager
It's important to note that the Battle.net Mobile Authenticator and the Dial-In Authenticator are not the same service, and do not offer the same types of protection. More importantly, the Dial-In Authenticator is not currently supported for Diablo III:

What games and services does the Battle.net Dial-in Authenticator protect?
The Battle.net Dial-in Authenticator protects any World of Warcraft accounts attached to a Battle.net account, as well as Battle.net Account Management. The Battle.net Dial-in Authenticator is not currently compatible with StarCraft II or Diablo III, though that may change in the future.

I'm very sorry to hear that your account may have been compromised. Please alert our support staff as soon as possible. Instructions for recovery can be found here.

I'd also encourage you to review the security steps provided here and here, as well. There are a number of preventative measures you can take to bolster the security of your Battle.net and Diablo III account outside of the Dial-In Authenticator.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]