Diablo® III

Shared Stash / Shared Gold

What a pain in the !@#.

I'm sorry, of all the things I dislike about the game, this has got to be near the top. I understand the merits of it, but at the same time, am I the only one who has multiple people who use the same computer, and share the games?

Now I'm in the situation that because my partner and my son also play the game on this account, I have to move my stash loot back to my personal invent whenever I log out, for fear of them selling off anything that I might want to keep. As for my gold, (which I put a hell of a lot more effort into acquiring than they do), can be spent by either one of them on a whim.

I get the positives, I really do, and if I were the only one playing, I'm sure I would support the feature.

Everything about the game is geared towards the account, rather than the character.

Thats another thing, a 10 character limit. I get there is limited server space, but this is just another argument for making the game available offline.
Reply Quote
Buy all the 3 stash tabs and let everyone have their own.
Reply Quote
Buy separate accounts
Reply Quote
I can see how it can be unfortunate in your situation, but I suspect you are in the minority. It may honestly be in your best interests to pony up for an extra account if it's that much inconvenience for you. In fact, your son can learn a good lesson about YARD WORK in the process, if he's not old enough to hold a job of his own yet =)
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I thought sharing accounts was prohibited? Or is that World of Warcraft only.

In any event, you should invest in other copies of the game if you have an issue with this.
Reply Quote
The only thing worth keeping are the gems. I vender all of the blues and AH all of the yellows. Doesn't take up much space.
Edited by Revan#1420 on 5/25/2012 3:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Actually... one game is supposed to be played by one person, so it's kinda logic and good that everything is shared. You are a special case, you are the out of a 100.000 players playing different. So sadly, you have to deal with it.

And the 10 champs limit... there are 5 classes, and there is normal + hardcore mode. So theres effectively no need for more then 10 spaces. Again, youre are an exception. The game is intended for 1 game = 1 person and not 1 game = 5 persons. So sadly, you have to deal with it.
Reply Quote
05/25/2012 03:38 AMPosted by FileNotFound
Thats another thing, a 10 character limit. I get there is limited server space, but this is just another argument for making the game available offline.

Seriously what do people not get about this?

The game would not work offline, as it would be too easy to alter loot tables or whatever to get really good loot.

OP: "Whats the problem with that though? Its a single player game, if i want to cheat i should be able to!"

ME: "Well if anyone can make up their own loot then the auction houses would become ridiculous with people selling their own manufactured loot."

OP: "Well I suppose, fair enough, but then can i not just have the game offline without the auction house?"

ME: "Well, I suppose Blizzard could take that out of the game and make a single player offline only client. But who wants to sacrifice the auction houses and public games just for the sake of being able to play a game offline? We're in 2012 now, places that dont have usuable internet are few and far between."

OP: "How about an offline client so you can progress your characters offline, then when you get home to your internet connection you can upload your progression back onto the online client?"

ME: "That wouldnt work as there's no way to ensure that during the time you've been offline you havent manufactured your own loot"

The Point is, if you want to play the game offline forever then you need to sacrafice the auction house and online play forever, I personally think these add value to the game and would not sacrafice them just for the sake of being able to play the game when the severs are down or i dont have access to the internet.

But each to their own.
Reply Quote
Im not suggesting removing it, as I said, I see it's merits, it would just be nice if it were optional.
Reply Quote
05/25/2012 03:56 AMPosted by Snimo
The Point is, if you want to play the game offline forever then you need to sacrafice the auction house and online play forever, I personally think these add value to the game and would not sacrafice them just for the sake of being able to play the game when the severs are down or i dont have access to the internet.

Offline only characters, it's not that hard.

Anyway though, I was more interested in ranting about the shared stash/gold.

I'm sorry for those of you facing these problems.. but seriously, for the rest of us who play normally and as expected (one person per account) I think I can speak for everyone in that we've wanted a shared stash and shared gold forever, and do NOT want to lose it under any circumstances.It really is your problem.

In previous games (D1&2), I had the option of playing offline, and having as many characters as I wanted, whereas here, I'm FORCED to have a battle.net account, even to play on my own. Again though, if I keep going, I'm just going to rage on the whole persistant online thing again. This game is causing more stress than its worth, it really is.

Either way, I paid for the game, and I WILL make sure I enjoy it, no matter how difficult I'm finding it (to enjoy it).
Edited by FileNotFound#6361 on 5/25/2012 4:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Is this guy literally complaining because he's too dumb to buy individual accounts lol
Reply Quote
too dumb to buy multiple copies of a single game that will only ever be installed on one computer... riiiiighhht
Reply Quote
So just tell them not to sell your items or spend too much of your gold?
Reply Quote
Blizz designed the game so that every player would need their own copy, it's a revolution for the business but not for the consumers!
Reply Quote
05/25/2012 04:17 AMPosted by Token
Blizz designed the game so that every player would need their own copy, it's a revolution for the business but not for the consumers!

if you don't like it don't buy it. buying it and !@#$%ing is laughable
Reply Quote
05/25/2012 03:38 AMPosted by FileNotFound
I the only one who has multiple people who use the same computer, and share the games?

Don't share accounts. It's sort of not allowed. The only exception is an adult and a minor child. Not spouse and child. Not spouse, child, sibling, just your one child.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]