(Locked)

96 Human Paladin
Pfft.

Real demon hunters like pink.

And bunnies!

And their crossbows shoot rainbows! ^_^
Drewan

how do you make it invisible?

You can buy dyes from some of the vendors. There is a dye called "invisible dye"
100 Dwarf Priest
05/25/2012 10:34 AMPosted by Nethaera
Thankfully you'll be able to change the color. :)

Why can't you dye legendary items? Also I dyed my pants with cloud and they are still mostly turquoise...
I dye my friend's items with my special collector's edition dye all the time. :D Account bound but not item bound. >:D
Pfft.

Real demon hunters like pink.

And bunnies!

And their crossbows shoot rainbows! ^_^

O.o
05/25/2012 10:41 AMPosted by Ziggy
For obvious reasons, so you can see if you like the look of an item before you buy it.

If you care about how the item looks more than it's stats, you're playing the wrong Blizzard game. Especially when the color is completely irrelevant in this game full of dyes.
05/25/2012 10:43 AMPosted by IgwanaRob
For obvious reasons, so you can see if you like the look of an item before you buy it.

If you care about how the item looks more than it's stats, you're playing the wrong Blizzard game. Especially when the color is completely irrelevant in this game full of dyes.

He never said he cared about how the item looks more than its stats.

And by the way, it's an item-centric game. Why on earth would knowing more about the item, like the color it is dyed, be a problem at all?

Wrong! With all the children playing games now, we need to start making games have more fashion options, so kids can focus on making the "prettiest" character.

Dyes never would have been implemented if Blizzard didn't think it was appropriate to care about how the item looks.
I was wondering how my barbarian ended up with pink boots!! It all makes sense now. lol
05/25/2012 10:41 AMPosted by Giraffasaur
Doesn't indicate the color of the item in the tooltip.

Exactly why do you think the color of any item that can be changed with little effort makes a difference?
Community Manager
Just to follow-up, yes the dyes get stripped when they are put on the Auction House. If you bought it pink, it most likely dropped that way (yes they can drop that color).
I'm going to dye everything invisible. Why? So people panic and think the item is bugged out.

This.
I'm going to stop dying everything pink and start doing this.

I have all my armor dyed invis, so when I join public games, people call me noob for not having gear then proceed to be in awe when I'm tanking a bunch of monster with such ease. Then I tell them to Inspect me.
Edited by Roxas#1486 on 5/25/2012 10:47 AM PDT
05/25/2012 10:45 AMPosted by IgwanaRob
Doesn't indicate the color of the item in the tooltip.

Exactly why do you think the color of any item that can be changed with little effort makes a difference?

Because it is an item-centric game where people care about the items they get. Stats come first, obviously. But I see no reason why there couldn't be a little indicator saying what color it was dyed.

Is it crucial/gamebreaking to the game? Hell no. Would it be a nice little touch? Of course.

Fine details make fine games.
This was a fun post in a sea of negativity and made me laugh for the day.

Now I will remember to dye everything pink I ever sell on the AH.

I'm going to dye everything invisible. Why? So people panic and think the item is bugged out.

Hahaha. I like your idea.
Wait so this useless thread gets a blue post... but all the ones asking questions about content and stats and strategy get nothing....

I love how blizzard really goes the lengths to show how little they care about the actual game.

Nethaera is a Community Manager, he deals with the community on the forum, not a game designer/producer/etc. He has no say in the game matters and only replies to them if he has been given an official answer...or the answer is an obvious one.

Considering you play/played WoW, you should of known this already, you should of seen Nethaera casually posting on the forums like this before.
Edited by Roxas#1486 on 5/25/2012 10:54 AM PDT
05/25/2012 10:46 AMPosted by Nethaera
Just to follow-up, yes the dyes get stripped when they are put on the Auction House. If you bought it pink, it most likely dropped that way (yes they can drop that color).

I feel like I've wasted a lot of gold now.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]