Diablo® III

Nooooooooo

(Locked)

05/25/2012 01:10 PMPosted by Sethala
On a related note, Neth, any chance you can ask the devs to add something to the item tooltip to say what color dye's been used on it? (Kind of like how the tooltips in WoW have a "Transmogrified to: XXXX" line.)

Yes please, this would be very helpful!
05/25/2012 10:53 PMPosted by Donaghan
Just to follow-up, yes the dyes get stripped when they are put on the Auction House.

Are you sure about that? because when I strip the dye off of things I just bought on the AH, they turn a more normal color (usually brown, dark blue, or whatever).

I wouldn't think that using [All-Soap's Miraculous Dye Remover] would take off an original color, and turn it some other color. Leading me to believe that dyes don't get stripped when something goes into the AH.

They get stripped. Rares can spawn with dyes already applied to them. The soap remover removes the dye and returns the items color to it's original state. (Original being the color of the base item.)
93 Gnome Rogue
05/25/2012 10:34 AMPosted by Nethaera
Thankfully you'll be able to change the color. :)

This.

(While this is truth, undoubtedly, I still think dyed items shouldn't be allowed on the AH. A player should not have to spend money on the item just to have to spend more to get it to its original state.)
93 Gnome Rogue
05/26/2012 07:42 AMPosted by Deadgye

Are you sure about that? because when I strip the dye off of things I just bought on the AH, they turn a more normal color (usually brown, dark blue, or whatever).

I wouldn't think that using [All-Soap's Miraculous Dye Remover] would take off an original color, and turn it some other color. Leading me to believe that dyes don't get stripped when something goes into the AH.

They get stripped. Rares can spawn with dyes already applied to them. The soap remover removes the dye and returns the items color to it's original state. (Original being the color of the base item.)

They do not get stripped, as far as many in-game players are concerned. People in general chat complain all the time of players dying items with the vanishing dye to make them invisible, then putting them on the AH.
They do not get stripped, as far as many in-game players are concerned. People in general chat complain all the time of players dying items with the vanishing dye to make them invisible, then putting them on the AH

They do. A blue confirmed they get stripped on the 3rd page.
This was a fun post in a sea of negativity and made me laugh for the day.

Now I will remember to dye everything pink I ever sell on the AH.

2nd that
necros everywhere
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]