Diablo® III

Inferno - Has anyone tried.......

Going the ultra-dps route? I see a lot of players choosing the tanky route, which I can understand because Melee gets evaporated by inferno mobs. Keep in mine I'm in act 1 inferno also.

Is it feasible to aim for Super high damage, with good resists/armor without a shield?
currently I'm at 24.5k damage and around 350 resists all, and yup I die, but I also am able to kill most elite packs so far.

So I guess main question is will damage be playable in Inferno?
Reply Quote
Yes, it's been tried. You will get 1 shot by normal mobs. You'll walk up, start an attack animation, and proceed to go down faster than a girls panties on prom night. It's like "YEAH BISHES TIME TO BRING SOME PAIN UP IN H-" *SPLAT* You're dead.
Reply Quote
I hear A2 is much much harder, but so far i dont get 1 shot by anything except big elites
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Psystarcraft has vids of him clearing every boss on inferno difficulty with a 2h dps build with over 22k damage base (youtube.com/psystarcraft).

idk if hes done elite packs with it too, but i could definitely see it being possible if you were careful enough and with abilities like ignore pain
Reply Quote
I deal around that damage, but have double your resists and 10k armor as well.

I think 25k damage is a bit high if it's costing you that much defense. You always want to be able to take 3-5 hits without dying at least...

It's just annoying that leech by % damage dealt is so crappy in this game, and penalized to 20% listed leech in Inferno... For builds like this, that SHOULD be the healing mechanic (bloodthirst, rend runed to leech life, etc), but it's so crappy in this game right now I'm relying on health globes to heal.
Reply Quote
Yeahp, either with a burst tank (ignore pain, leap, etc) or real super dps with kiting (sprint, seismic slam), or super dps with leap in, dps (with WotB when it's up), charge out
Reply Quote
ive seen geared inferno barbs on act 2 with 500 resists, 10k armor, and 40k dps char sheet.

guess what...they solo act 2 fine.

get some gear people (not really directed at OP, just in general)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Seismic Slam build works wonders for me in Act 1. I clear everything, including hard packs of elites (although I might die once or twice to finish them). Didn't work at all in Act 2.
Reply Quote
Psystarcraft has vids of him clearing every boss on inferno difficulty with a 2h dps build with over 22k damage base (youtube.com/psystarcraft).

idk if hes done elite packs with it too, but i could definitely see it being possible if you were careful enough and with abilities like ignore pain

He does use a 2H build but he is exceptionally geared and still uses defensive passives. 1400 DPS 2H helps quite a bit as well.
Reply Quote
yeah, my dps is ok, but i definitely need more high level inferno armor for my defenses
Reply Quote
You will get one shotted by invisible mobs and leaping mobs and burrowed mobs before you have a chance to attack them.
Reply Quote
I just finished A2 as a 2h Barb with about 24k damage.

I'll post my spec and stats if anyone cares to see them.
Reply Quote
yeah definitely!
Reply Quote

where are these videos btw, i can see only videos of killing act bosses on his yt channel
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#WVRikP!ZbV!acbacZ

http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/338/meind3.jpg

Went with "the best defense is a good offense" and tried to kill them before they killed me. It worked out pretty well.

Also Belial was really fun.

The picture is without shouts up
Edited by Attorney#1559 on 5/25/2012 2:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
very cool and thanks!

Yes, i definitely need more gear. I got only 29khp right now and far less armor too.

The build looks interesting too, I'll have to try it out
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
The best luck I've had with a DPS route would be the following Build.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#WVkYRP!acb!accZbZ

Frenzy - Sidearm
Revenge - Provocation
War Cry - Impunity (Bonus Resistances)
Ground Stomp - Wrenching Smash
Ignore Pain - Ignorance Is Bliss
Wrath of the Berserker - Insanity
Reply Quote
that's how I play both Monk and Barb. Kill before killed.
Reply Quote
seems to be working ok. Killed butcher in 1 shot, and most rare packs dont kill me
Reply Quote
http://i.imgur.com/XAOSM.jpg

Act 2 is cake, act 3 is harder but still easy.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]