Diablo® III

Demon hunter survival help

88 Goblin Rogue
hey guys i was wondering what i should be doing for survival currently im on act 4 and have about 1k hp should i get some vitality or am I doing something wrong? suggestions pls
Reply Quote
Number 1 - Keep your weapons updated.
Number 2 - Stats for Demon Hunters are Vitality first, Dexterity second.
And number 3 - Kite, kite, kite.
Reply Quote

not sure if srs or typo

should be going for pure damage unless there's a certain mechanic where you NEED hp since it' unavoidable.

butcher chains and azmodan pools of death come to mind
Reply Quote
Some basic pointers that I learned, though I'm new to the series and the game as well...

-Smoke Screen is your friend. Use the Lingering Fog or Special Recipe rune, and combine it with the Preparation skill, and you'll be able to run your way out of most trouble with relative ease.

-Vault is a great defensive skill too, though you need to be able to read and predict what is going to happen, using it as a panic skill is generally not a great idea.

-If you're soloing, consider your playstyle and how it could be improved. If you're using Rapid Fire, for example, are you supplementing it with something to slow down your enemies like Entangling Shot or Caltrops? Are you standing still and shooting enemies until they catch up to you or are you firing and moving like a good little DH?

-Gear wise, my advice is to keep gear that gives you some vit, but not at the total expense of your dex. For example, if a helmet you have gives you +10 vitality and +15 dexterity, consider using it instead of a helm that gives you +30 dex.
Reply Quote
Play this game for fun until inferno, then forget all the fun you had getting to inferno.
Reply Quote
88 Goblin Rogue
thanks for the help guys although i would use the smoke + prep combo but im dieing 1 hit to those teleporting demons xD but the thing is i also kill everything relatively fast too :P
Edited by AkiraTech#1229 on 5/26/2012 3:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
2 Dwarf Priest
Just go pure damage. In inferno, some white mobs hit for 40-60k+ and its not easy getting that much HP without actually farming inferno for gear. Eventually you will have to just learn to kite well and short of that, death zerg. Its better to get acclimated early.
Reply Quote
should be going for pure damage unless there's a certain mechanic where you NEED hp since it' unavoidable.

butcher chains and azmodan pools of death come to mind

Funny, both of those mechanics are completely avoidable. You can outrange The Butcher's chains while still doing damage and you can Smoke Screen/Vault out of the pools on Azmodan.
Reply Quote
Max Discipline > Vitality
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]