Diablo® III

If you are having trouble in Nightmare...

Current stats:

Level 41
Dex: 905
Int: 197
Vit: 329
DSP: 1127
HP: 5464

I'm not sure if my stats/gear are good or bad for my current level, probably somewhere in the middle.
Really the only advantage I have to my gear is my att. speed % (1.80 attacks per second) and a little bit of life on hit and some life regen after a kill.
I am also using the Enchantress for even more attack speed, plus a extra (albeit minimal) CC.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#bdgXTk!ZXV!bZabba

Here is the build I've been using since the middle of Act 1, and it has worked wonders well into act 2.

A couple of notes/variations:

-Scattered blows could be replaced with Crippling wave w/ the Concussion rune for extra damage reduction from enemies.

-Breath of Heaven w/ Blazing wrath could be replaced with "Circle of Life" if you prefer a burst heal vs a bit of extra Dps.

-If you are still having problems surviving, try exchanging the Mantra of Conviction with Mantra of Healing w/ Sustanance, don't forget that on activation of a Mantra it gives you a bonus, and it basically turns the Mantra into a pocket heal that can be spammed so long as you have the Spirit, and feel free to grab the Templar for the extra regen, every little bit helps. ^_^

-For bosses, you can achieve much better DPS if you switch out Deadly Reach/Crippling wave with Fists of Thunder w/ Lightning flash or Way of the Hundred Fists w/ Fists of Fury.

-The only real tip I can give you for combat is to utilize Dashing Strike to assassinate the long-range nukers/snipers, but be careful, atm, Dashing Strike is buggy. I've had it stop at a target in the line of sight, or completely whiff a target.

-A final note, up until about 10 minutes before posting this I didn't die once throughout act 2 until I ran into a giant group of skeletons with Fire Construct, and an Elite Archer with Illusion and Fear. My only advice there, switch out Beacon of Ytar with Pacifism.

That's about it, I hope this helps anyone who is having issues with Nightmare. Leave any questions below, or if you find any other variations that you find that you think would improve upon the build, feel free to leave those comments.
Just remember, Inferno isn't the only difficulty people need help with.
Edited by Lystogan#1822 on 5/28/2012 3:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote
i'd also suggest mystic ally (air) 10% wd aoe and 2% 100 spirit gain which is pretty regular when the ally is hitting a good sized group. he also ends up making for a really handy and effective tank (considerably better then the templar in my opinion) i gave up SSS, but honestly my damage has probably gone up over all since the ally is always out and with me, where as SSS has a 30 second cd and other then on bosses i find myself trying to save it for specific conditions rather then using it regularly.
Reply Quote
05/28/2012 04:20 AMPosted by Lotus
i'd also suggest mystic ally (air) 10% wd aoe and 2% 100 spirit gain which is pretty regular when the ally is hitting a good sized group. he also ends up making for a really handy and effective tank (considerably better then the templar in my opinion) i gave up SSS, but honestly my damage has probably gone up over all since the ally is always out and with me, where as SSS has a 30 second cd and other then on bosses i find myself trying to save it for specific conditions rather then using it regularly.

Sorry for the late reply.
The only reason I use SSS with pandemonium is because of the ridiculous 7 second stun, and with a 25% chance to stun with 7 hits, it's almost guaranteed to stun.
Honestly that's a long time for any boss, or elite, and if you're waiting for cds, chances are they'll be refeshed by the time the stun ends, or the monster/(probably not boss) will be dead by then.
I also don't find anything such as pets, or even the Templar to be reliable in terms of tanking or holding agro.
Mobs most of the time are smarter than that, and go after whatever is causing them the most damage unless they are taunted, and the Templar taunt seems a bit buggy atm. I don't like depending on something to rush in and save me from death, especially when they're really not all that dependable.
Doing so usually got me killed in the past. :(
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]