Diablo® III

300k+ dps, +Spec and Farming Suggestions

06/01/2012 02:24 AMPosted by Terror
Didnt know Raven affect damage number, where did you get your special raven from?

Its not in the dps tool-tip - but it acts exactly like the Familiar from the Wizard.

+30%
Edited by Harmony#2888 on 6/1/2012 3:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
So then that means ill have another 30% on top of my current 317 then?
Reply Quote
06/01/2012 03:51 AMPosted by Harmony
Didnt know Raven affect damage number, where did you get your special raven from?

Its not in the dps tool-tip - but it acts exactly like the Familiar from the Wizard.

+30%

Afaik this isn't true? The raven chooses his own targets while the familiar allways shoots at yours. And as far as i've seen the attack speed of my raven is horrible slow.
Reply Quote
Helm: Andariel's Visage: 128 Dex, 12% IAS, Crit C + 3%
Vile Ward: 161 Dex, 157 Vit
Neck: 107 Dex, IAS 15%, Crit 65% Dmg
Chest: Beckon Sail: 124 Dex, IAS 13%, 3% Life, Crit C +1%
Bracer: Lacuni Prowler 50 Dex, 51 Vit, IAS 13%, MS 6%
Belt: 161 Dex, 107 Vit
Ring 1 : 117 Dex, IAS 16,m Crit Dmg 29%,
Ring 2: 52Dex, 52 Vit, IAS 14, Crit Dmg 15%
Pants: Blackthorn Breeches: 212 Dex, 78 Vit, 4% Life
Boots: Boj Anglers: 110 Dex, 31 Vit, IAS 13%, MS 100%
Quiver: 171Dex, 125 Vit, IAS 13%, +10 Disp, 1.6% Knockback, Socket with + 42 Dex Gem

hmmm i have very similar stats and gears aside from the amulet and rings, mine's the dex+ias but without the crit dmg. i have gotta so upgrade my 3 jewellery. i may have missed it, but what's your weapon's stats? 1500?
i'm using 1150 bow.
Reply Quote

+30%

Afaik this isn't true? The raven chooses his own targets while the familiar allways shoots at yours. And as far as i've seen the attack speed of my raven is horrible slow.

60%* sorry - yeah, but what else to pick in a bossfight? you mostly dont need a snare, you need dps a generator a spender, you need SC, you need prep, you need mark - one last slot left
Edited by Harmony#2888 on 6/1/2012 8:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Hey terror, thanks a lot for your tips and advice. Sorry bout these other insecure tools who feel the need to call your stats and build out.
Reply Quote

+30%

lol not even close

Maybe you don't realize what you're saying, but it sounds like you're saying the raven increases your dps by 30%
Edited by Anima#1725 on 6/1/2012 10:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote

60%* sorry - yeah, but what else to pick in a bossfight? you mostly dont need a snare, you need dps a generator a spender, you need SC, you need prep, you need mark - one last slot left

Well on diablo, for example, the raven wont do !@#$ cos i hardly ever have him in sight ;-). I'd rather have vault or caltrops.

I guess it depends alot on what you're doing and what your path towards the boss is. I usually run:

Hungering arrow
Elemental arrow
Smoke screen
vault
random (caltrops when farming, sometimes mark on hard bosses or raven depending on my mood really)
prep

My experience with raven is not that good tho, it adds alot of hatred gen wich is good, on bosses the generation from mark is better tho
Edited by Marty#2783 on 6/1/2012 2:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
do you guys know how set bonuses work in this game? for example if i get two natalya's items will i get that 7% crit chance? and if i get 3 of those items, will i get the 130 dex in addition to the 7% crit chance?
Edited by kevin#1792 on 6/1/2012 3:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest

If you want a video example there's a guy named hihihi who posted his diablo kill video a couple days ago that illustrates how to play properly. It sure as !@#$ isn't by getting enough life to survive a hit from diablo on inferno.... rofl.

I'm a celebrity! *blush*
Reply Quote
Hey Terror,

I like what you are offering in DH gear/farming suggestions. My question to you is what is the idea group to farm act 4.

2 barbs? 1 monk? and 1 DPS DH?
Reply Quote
i just read your post, but i don't read anything after that but i have a question for you:
they nerfed smokescreen in the last patch, even with this nerf, you will keep this setup up for her?
Reply Quote
Hey Guys

I hardly ever use smoked screen as a way of Invun, and turreting other then against Mortar Mobs when they stop moving towards me to cast Mortar.

The nerf did not really effect me at all, i find 1.5 second enough and i hardly chain two together.

SS for me is to prevent getting hit when they do get right next to me, and with Tactical Advantage running more then 1 screen away quickly.

I have kept this spec for awhile now.

In regards to Companions, i like the functionality of the bird, but i just hate how it goes and randomly attacks targets. I could also swear when the bird crits someone, i lose my SS stacks? not 100% sure, but that thought alone made me not use it on anything other then bosses. Now days i hardly ever do a boss with 0 stacks therefore i hardly ever use it.

With fast IAS and Mortal Enemy i find it enough for most mobs, and simple hungering arrow is enough for most white mobs.

We generally use a Monk to tank and pull for us, we have 1-2 demon hunter, the last person can be anyone that is online and wants to do the run.

We have yet to try out Act 4 as 4 man, as it just doesnt seem efficient enough for us, sure it may drop better loot (marginally) but the time it takes, and the way the main bosses are chained doesnt allow for a much better run.
Reply Quote
29 Troll Hunter
Hey Terror, I remember reading your post the other day.

I'd very much like to tag along on one of your farm runs if ever possible. Solo farming gets old and all my friends are playing HC.

Geared out DH with a 220% MF set and a quick finger to swap right before a boss/mob dies.
Reply Quote
Did you check your DPS lately Terror? The Boj Anglers are currently bugged and the attack speed does NOT register for your char. If this is the case for you then your DPS is actually alot higher than you mention.

I just unloaded 3 mil on the boots to replace a 224 dex pair I had only to see my DPS drop drastically due to the attack speed not working on them.

This is game breaking and needs to be fixed asap!
Reply Quote
Is the atk spd on your boj anglers working? Mine sure isn't... damn.

any idea if they are gonna fix it in 1.03?

*edit*
looks like its bugged for everyone. Damnnn
Edited by SolsticeXI#1319 on 6/2/2012 11:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]