Diablo® III

Tera might be the worst game i've ever played

1. Replying to people who say you are bad is like pissing into the wind. You're feeding the trolls ;)

2. You started with the single most boring class. The archer can complete starter island by doing nothing other than holding down the left mouse button until the enemy is dead. Later in levels they are heavily reliant on skills which requiring charging so it doesn't get a lot better. Try a melee class like slayer or warrior who are designed to be more mobile. Yes, activating an attack will 'stop' your movement, but usually the attack has some form of movement associated with it.

3. The action aspect of Tera was designed to create scenarios where you are fighting a mob (usually gigantic) and notice a tell signifying it's about to do something that's going to kill you - that's where you use one of your movement abilities (archers have few) to leap over the creature, roll under or catapult backward (or stun/interrupt if applicable). In short, there is a point to not attacking and moving at the same time. They want to separate dps and survival - adding a little emphasis to the later in a way that WoW doesn't. In other words, if you don't care about anything but dps, you're gonna have a bad time. Check out youtube videos of each class soloing BAM's to get a good idea of how the classes really play later in the game.

4. I can see other players from far away - no idea where these problems are coming from.

5. One weapon for each class. At first this concerned me, but it makes group loot a lot easier and you can get cosmetic customizations which change their look (ex. changing dual swords to dual axes, a lance to a sword etc). In the end it doesn't seem to be a big deal.

6. The grind - I know you didn't bring this up but since others did, it's worth mentioning that the leveling is very fast (about 5x faster than the korean version). I'd say it's on par with current WoW - you run through the quests and dungeons and you will max out in 3 or 4 weeks unless you are casual or play a lot of alts. At this point there isn't much to do - there's no BGs yet, and no Raids (nexus').
Reply Quote
1. Replying to people who say you are bad is like pissing into the wind. You're feeding the trolls ;)

2. You started with the single most boring class. The archer can complete starter island by doing nothing other than holding down the left mouse button until the enemy is dead. Later in levels they are heavily reliant on skills which requiring charging so it doesn't get a lot better. Try a melee class like slayer or warrior who are designed to be more mobile. Yes, activating an attack will 'stop' your movement, but usually the attack has some form of movement associated with it.

3. The action aspect of Tera was designed to create scenarios where you are fighting a mob (usually gigantic) and notice a tell signifying it's about to do something that's going to kill you - that's where you use one of your movement abilities (archers have few) to leap over the creature, roll under or catapult backward (or stun/interrupt if applicable). In short, there is a point to not attacking and moving at the same time. They want to separate dps and survival - adding a little emphasis to the later in a way that WoW doesn't. In other words, if you don't care about anything but dps, you're gonna have a bad time. Check out youtube videos of each class soloing BAM's to get a good idea of how the classes really play later in the game.

4. I can see other players from far away - no idea where these problems are coming from.

5. One weapon for each class. At first this concerned me, but it makes group loot a lot easier and you can get cosmetic customizations which change their look (ex. changing dual swords to dual axes, a lance to a sword etc). In the end it doesn't seem to be a big deal.

6. The grind - I know you didn't bring this up but since others did, it's worth mentioning that the leveling is very fast (about 5x faster than the korean version). I'd say it's on par with current WoW - you run through the quests and dungeons and you will max out in 3 or 4 weeks unless you are casual or play a lot of alts. At this point there isn't much to do - there's no BGs yet, and no Raids (nexus').

Good post :) thanks
Reply Quote
it's really not that bad but there are free to play games about as fun to play just with worse graphics.
Reply Quote
I actually liked the combat (Lancer, the tank class), but I do not like anime, so I bailed.

The Lancer combat itself though is quite good, once you get the hang of it; it takes timing, positioning and reflexes, as well as cd management and situational awareness.

I didn't try any other classes, so mileage may vary there.
Reply Quote

Judging from OP'S post hes a FLAKE OUT in Tera and hes gong to be a FLAKE OUT in diablo III

I 'flaked out' because the combat wasn't at all what I thought it would be. If being in only act 3 inferno so far rather than completed is flaking out in Diablo 3 then yes, I flaked hard bro
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Seriously, i just think you suck at it.
I have a few friends who play it and love it.. And the combat is what i like about it.

And it looks great. To the others saying it's a korean grinder. Lol what is WoW?
It's just grind, blizzard releases a new expansion, more grind, until blizz releases a new expansion, more grind.. until....

They will keep doing it you know, and it's the same everytime. You need to grind for new Pixels that nobody cares about, it gets old, new expansion comes, grind some more, rinse and repeat.

Stop saying all korean mmorpg's are grinds, they are all grinds.
Mmorpgs was the reason i wanted in the field in the frist place, it just sounds 2 good to be true, release expansion (Everybody wants to see the new stuff!!1!) make them grind for new pixels, release a new expansion (Everybody wants to see the new stuff!1!1!)
They applaud you for it, while you take their money... It's sooo sweet ^^

I wish i got there sooner... All those moneys...

Again, I didn't say anything about the grind. Like...at all. Ever.

It's probably true you just suck at it though.

this game is all about paying attention and getting out of the way, / using the appropriate skill at the appropriate time.

<- lvl60 lancer.

It's def not about pew-pew as fast as you can, or kiting for that matter.
Reply Quote

I did get off the starter island (takes like 20 minutes..) and you start at level 20 with a bunch of skills.

Lol You dont start at level 20, thats the prologue, they do that so you can test out the class you are about to roll after you complete the prologue you start at level 1 and they throw you on the nooby island.... obviously you know nothing about the game.

I know it knocks you back down to level 1. The permanence of your level in prologue island has absolutely nothing to do with my point. (I still got to try a level 20)
Reply Quote

Again, I didn't say anything about the grind. Like...at all. Ever.

this game is all about paying attention and getting out of the way, / using the appropriate skill at the appropriate time.

<- lvl60 lancer.

I found it boring because it was so simple and watered down. I guess I should have made this more clear. It's the opposite of what you are inferring. It's just as slow as any other MMO to me.
Reply Quote
EDIT: Some seasoned players have made some legitimate posts in this thread debating what I've said, so take mine for what it is (my opinion)

Just wanted to post this in case anyone here was actually considering getting this game. Good god its a trap avoid at all costs. I had EXTREMELY low expectations for any asian mmo. Looked like a typical mass-produced korean MMO that will probably be F2P in 2 months so I passed completely on the open beta. Then all of my friends started bugging me to get it since release at the beginning of the month so I decided what the hell I'll pick it up and have fun with them for a couple months to pass some time until GW2 comes out...everyone made it seem like the combat was loads of fun and the environments were so gorgeous and blah blah blah...still had low expectations but hey at least the combat was supposed to great.

Anyway, I picked it up yesterday.. couldn't stomach more than an hour of it. It far surpassed any low expectations I had. I had the bar set waaaay too high. It's touted as being a "true action MMO" just because they got rid of locked on targeting in favor of an FPS style crosshair with highly mobile combat and dodging/blocking types of mechanics...from what I understood it was supposed to play more like God of War or Devil May Cry than an MMO. This all sounds great until you get in to the game and realize you have to stop moving to use any of your abilities. Like...liany asian mmolly any of them. I rolled an archer because I thought it would fun and mobile kind of like playing an FPS...yeah no you can't even use your basic physical attack without standing still. If I'm running and left click to use my physical 'auto-attack' my character stops and I have to wait for the !@#$ing 2 second animation to finish before I can move again. Same with every ability for every class. Can't even queue abilities. You jump and you can't even attack until the entire jump animation in finished. Not only that but each class is locked in to using one type of weapon for the entire game (the one you start with) This %^-* makes WoW combat feel like white-knuckle edge of your seat action.

Furthermore, the graphics that look so pretty in the trailers are rendered completely obsolete by the fact that the max view distance possible in the game (maxed graphic settings) is like 10 yards in front of you even on a monster gaming rig. This game has worse pop-up than PC racing games from 1999. Please do not buy this game. I wasn't entirely thrilled with how D3 turned out but after playing any asian mmo I'm an even bigger blizzard fanboy than I ever was. DO NOT BUY.

/blog

Yeah I'm sure I'll get flamed for even buying it. I deserve it entirely.

EDIT: added paragraphs!!!!

fixed.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
No matter how good/bad anyone thinks the gameplay or leveling or PvP is, it really is just glorified cartoon p0rn.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
I thought this was a DIABLO 3 forum?
Reply Quote
05/31/2012 05:51 AMPosted by Scyzek
I thought this was a DIABLO 3 forum?

no this is a forum about how blizord has securty flaws
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

<- lvl60 lancer.

I found it boring because it was so simple and watered down. I guess I should have made this more clear. It's the opposite of what you are inferring. It's just as slow as any other MMO to me.

Exactly how far did you get that you consider it slow lol. The end game is some of the most fast paced play I've seen to date. Hell even the mid 30's play is pretty damn intense.
Edited by Wraith#1968 on 5/31/2012 6:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

<- lvl60 lancer.

No it's about playing a lancer and a slayer and nothing else. That game is so broken its funny. No really, it's funny.

Never seen a berserker in action have we? or a lancer/mystic combo?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]