Diablo® III

Tera might be the worst game i've ever played

05/31/2012 03:15 AMPosted by Hex
couldn't stomach more than an hour of it.

I couldn't stomach more than 1 sentence of your post and stopped reading. Would you say I gave your post a fair chance or not?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I played the beta, and got a refund, they were pretty cool about it, all I said was I didn't enjoy the beta, they gave me a refund so no harm done.

Anyway, I may have kept this game if it was going to be a F2P, the game felt too repetitive in it's nature to be worth 15$ a month. The mobs repeat them selves quite often, the grind is ZZZZ. But I did like the combat, if It came with a maxed out character maybe I would have played it then XD.

But yeah in short, really not worth 15$ a month ,there isn't a lot there that makes me think it is worth the money.
Reply Quote
couldn't stomach more than an hour of it.

I couldn't stomach more than 1 sentence of your post and stopped reading. Would you say I gave your post a fair chance or not?

Bit of a weird analogy? You can pretty much get a handle on the mechanics of any MMO in an hour (unless you're braindead...) but you can't possibly understand anything I'm trying to say by only reading one sentence. So...good try? I guess? (not really)
Edited by Hex#1926 on 5/31/2012 6:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote
>I had extremely low expectations before getting Tera
>played it for a couple minutes

So, you're saying, OP, that before even playing the game you had formed a negative opinion and then didn't even give the game a chance. Therefore, in your great wisdom, the game is horrible.

lawl. lawl, lawl, lawl.

And you enjoy D3 over it? Further lawls.

Goodday sir! I am glad you and many other Blizz fanboys are no longer on the Tera servers, you people were the worst in the days leading to and around D3 release. Enjoy your overtuned Inferno until they nerf it into wet noodles where you'll then be able to complain that it's too easy.

edit: You say you can't queue abilities when in fact you can. You set them up as combos.
When you fire off ability 1, ability 2 is higlighted automatically and all you have to do is press the space bar and it fires that off, ability 3 is highliged as available and all you have to do is press the space bar. I'm sorry you can't hit one macro once and have your character do 8 things?

tldr: Blizz fanboy doesn't like something that's different.
Edited by tripNine#1331 on 5/31/2012 7:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote

So, you're saying, OP, that before even playing the game you had formed a negative opinion and then didn't even give the game a chance. Therefore, in your great wisdom, the game is horrible.

lawl. lawl, lawl, lawl.

Goodday sir! I am glad you and many other Blizz fanboys are no longer on the Tera servers, you people were the worst in the days leading to and around D3 release. Enjoy your overtuned Inferno until they nerf it into wet noodles where you'll then be able to complain that it's too easy.

'You people'? I didn't realize I was part of a group! I never posted leading to D3 release...umm I don't really know what you're trying to say? an hour doesn't equal a couple minutes. I made a point of saying I had low expectations because it means anything would have impressed me. Usually when someone has low expectations they are pleasantly surprised. I guess you need that spoon-fed to you. I'll be more considerate next time. And I never said I enjoy Diablo 3 over it...I was talking about Blizzard as a whole. Just the general production value of their games.
Reply Quote

lawl. lawl, lawl, lawl.

edit: You say you can't queue abilities when in fact you can. You set them up as combos.
When you fire off ability 1, ability 2 is higlighted automatically and all you have to do is press the space bar and it fires that off, ability 3 is highliged as available and all you have to do is press the space bar. I'm sorry you can't hit one macro once and have your character do 8 things?

No need to be rude, you cast "fanboy" around too easily -- not everyone who disagrees with you is a fanboy.

A lot of people like Tera, but most people were expecting more from it. A lot of people think it's fun, but it was supposed to be mind-blowing. The quests were repetitive, the story was even worse than D3 (more about the mediocrity of it), the voice acting was yet again even worse than D3's, and overall for a lot of people it simply did not live up to expectations.

Personally, I think the combat was pretty cool, and the graphics were nice. But honestly, in my humble opinion, those are the only things it has going for itself. But that's just opinion, and the point is there's no real need to be rude and insult people over it.
Reply Quote
Korean MMO? I thought that was part of their nerve stapling process.
Reply Quote
Just wait for Guild Wars 2. The PVP is a godsend. The game itself is already vastly superior in beta form than every other MMORPG.
Reply Quote

I'm not talking about macros. Queing skills was extremely clunky...unless the server was just massively lagging. And you realize me calling myself a fanboy was meant to be self-parodying right?
Reply Quote
05/31/2012 07:24 AMPosted by SinVII
Just wait for Guild Wars 2. The PVP is a godsend. The game itself is already vastly superior in beta form than every other MMORPG.

Haven't got a chance to play the beta but I love hearing stuff like this :D
Reply Quote
OP, you do realize that you are not able to move and attack at the same time in D3 (and in many other hack and slash action based games)?
Also, I actually like the idea of not being able to move while attacking since it makes the game better.
Reply Quote
You clearly did not give the game much of a chance. No tab targeting is really nice. The combat is fun. The dungeons are perfectly paced. Each class feels different. Highly enjoyable mmorpg regardless of this OP objections. Play past level 10 at least before you even begin to formulate an opinion about it. Around level 46 or the dungeons begin to have multiple challenges. If you are into style and gear or playing 'dress-up' this game has no equal on PC. Give the free trail a whirl.
Reply Quote
Nice necro. But while we're on the subject...

@Anthaema
>"I wasn't entirely thrilled with how D3 turned out but after playing Tera I'm an even bigger blizzard fanboy than I ever was."
Umm, Diablo 3 is all good and fine (not really lol), but does it have Elins? Elves? Nope. The character and scenic design in Tera is superb.

>"Furthermore, the graphics that look so pretty in the trailers are rendered completely obsolete by the fact that the max view distance possible in the game (maxed graphic settings) is like 10 yards in front of you even on a monster gaming rig."
I've watched videos of Tera and you can most certainly see further than 10 yards (use meters. Seriously what is this, the 18th century?) in front of you. The viewing distance in Tera is huge. You can see for kilometers.

@Lithary
>"OP, you do realize that you are not able to move and attack at the same time in D3"
Whirlwind? (Not that I play barb, just saying)

I would be very tempted to try Tera, but it's not free to play. I don't want to play a 7 day free trial then be forced to pay if I like it. I'll wait until it goes free to play.
Reply Quote
Good to know I had actually seen it in the store and it looked amazing according to the back of the box but I wanted to know more. I watched a stream of it the other night it didn't look impressive at all and to hear more detail it is no wonder it died out almost instantly.

Guess I will keep waiting for a real game.
Reply Quote
EDIT: Some seasoned players have made some legitimate posts in this thread debating what I've said, so take mine for what it is (my opinion)

Just wanted to post this in case anyone here was actually considering getting this game. Good god its a trap avoid at all costs. I had EXTREMELY low expectations for Tera. Looked like a typical mass-produced korean MMO that will probably be F2P in 2 months so I passed completely on the open beta. Then all of my friends started bugging me to get it since release at the beginning of the month so I decided what the hell I'll pick it up and have fun with them for a couple months to pass some time until GW2 comes out...everyone made it seem like the combat was loads of fun and the environments were so gorgeous and blah blah blah...still had low expectations but hey at least the combat was supposed to great.

Anyway, I picked it up yesterday.. couldn't stomach more than an hour of it. It far surpassed any low expectations I had. I had the bar set waaaay too high. It's touted as being a "true action MMO" just because they got rid of locked on targeting in favor of an FPS style crosshair with highly mobile combat and dodging/blocking types of mechanics...from what I understood it was supposed to play more like God of War or Devil May Cry than an MMO. This all sounds great until you get in to the game and realize you have to stop moving to use any of your abilities. Like...literally any of them. I rolled an archer because I thought it would fun and mobile kind of like playing an FPS...yeah no you can't even use your basic physical attack without standing still. If I'm running and left click to use my physical 'auto-attack' my character stops and I have to wait for the !@#$ing 2 second animation to finish before I can move again. Same with every ability for every class. Can't even queue abilities. You jump and you can't even attack until the entire jump animation in finished. Not only that but each class is locked in to using one type of weapon for the entire game (the one you start with) This %^-* makes WoW combat feel like white-knuckle edge of your seat action.

Furthermore, the graphics that look so pretty in the trailers are rendered completely obsolete by the fact that the max view distance possible in the game (maxed graphic settings) is like 10 yards in front of you even on a monster gaming rig. This game has worse pop-up than PC racing games from 1999. Please do not buy this game. I wasn't entirely thrilled with how D3 turned out but after playing Tera I'm an even bigger blizzard fanboy than I ever was. DO NOT BUY.

/blog

Yeah I'm sure I'll get flamed for even buying it. I deserve it entirely.

EDIT: added paragraphs!!!!

another edit: people seem to be coming to the conclusion that i don't like it because it actually takes skill. What I was expecting based on what my friends were saying is that it actually would take a HUGE amount of skill. Now keep in mind I don't care about this MMO so I don't have anything invested in it (other than my $50!!) From what I've seen (from my play and watching level 60 hard mode dungeons on youtube) it takes absolutely no more skill then any other MMO on the market, which is next to nothing. It's just another slow, boring, gear-based combat system. So you dodge an attack every few seconds...hooray. The enemy winds up the attack for like 6 seconds..I'm sorry that doesn't seem very 'action-combat' to me. I thought it was going to be extremely fast and twitch-based combat that actually had a high skill ceiling. That's sort of what the entire game was sold on.....From what I've seen this is completely false. But again this is my opinion.
yea tera is absolute trash, Though i would recomend Raiderz or GW or WoW the only good mmos F2P to P2P
Reply Quote
Nice necro. But while we're on the subject...

@Anthaema
>"I wasn't entirely thrilled with how D3 turned out but after playing Tera I'm an even bigger blizzard fanboy than I ever was."
Umm, Diablo 3 is all good and fine (not really lol), but does it have Elins? Elves? Nope. The character and scenic design in Tera is superb.

>"Furthermore, the graphics that look so pretty in the trailers are rendered completely obsolete by the fact that the max view distance possible in the game (maxed graphic settings) is like 10 yards in front of you even on a monster gaming rig."
I've watched videos of Tera and you can most certainly see further than 10 yards (use meters. Seriously what is this, the 18th century?) in front of you. The viewing distance in Tera is huge. You can see for kilometers.

@Lithary
>"OP, you do realize that you are not able to move and attack at the same time in D3"
Whirlwind? (Not that I play barb, just saying)

I would be very tempted to try Tera, but it's not free to play. I don't want to play a 7 day free trial then be forced to pay if I like it. I'll wait until it goes free to play.

Lol this thread is so old XD my favorite part of your post was when you bashed me for using yards on the forum for a game that uses yards. And yes you can see ENVIROMENT for kilometers in Tera but you cant see objects and enemies father that you can swing a sword. it seriously looks like a bad ps1 racing game

And I did get past level 10. The game is seriously garbage.

I was joking around about the whole making me a bigger blizz fanboy thing...but i guess after seeing how many people still parrot that 'aren't you thankful' thing that bashiok said (learn to sarcasm, guys) i shouldn't be surprised that everyone took it literally
Edited by Anthaema#1643 on 12/19/2012 3:39 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]