Diablo® III

Damage reflect

Damage reflect/extra health/illusionist/mortar
I ended up just kiting this group out of the area and skipping them last night in inferno. Just about any damage reflect packs really. I've taken out a previous group of these by getting one away from the pack, kiting healing killing, but i find its very difficult to separate packs.

Any advice for damage reflect mobs in inferno? Tactics, gear stats, abilities?
Reply Quote
If they are extra health or health link I usually end up skipping them. Otherwise attack hard with everything when you have smoke screen, then kite like hell.
Reply Quote
shadow power + gloom. You can basically drain-tank the mobs if you can create enough distance between you.

otherwise just do what you did and avoid them or restart your game. Certain affixes just aren't worth fighting.
Reply Quote
thanks guys.
Reply Quote
Yeah, I'm in the SS boat. I tend to make some distance, dump a bunch of Nether Tentacles downrange, then just as their about to hit the mobs, I pop SS. It usually works pretty well depending on the extra tags the elites have, there's usually a few deaths and/or potions used. I farm Act 3 Inferno pretty well though so it's carried me a good bit.

Can you imagine if SS didn't make you Invulnerable? People are already asking for that nerf, I dread to think what that'd be like.
Reply Quote
shadow power + gloom. You can basically drain-tank the mobs if you can create enough distance between you.

otherwise just do what you did and avoid them or restart your game. Certain affixes just aren't worth fighting.

This. The 20% lifesteam from Shadow Power is amazing even with the Inferno 80% reduction because of how big your damage numbers are. Add in the 65% damage reduction from Gloom and you can fairly easily take on Reflect Damage mobs without dying.
Reply Quote

This. The 20% lifesteam from Shadow Power is amazing even with the Inferno 80% reduction because of how big your damage numbers are. Add in the 65% damage reduction from Gloom and you can fairly easily take on Reflect Damage mobs without dying.

Unless..you have 3k armor, 50 resistance to all and 10k health.

65% damage reduction does nothing if you're hitting 100k with 10k health.
Reply Quote
think about it... DMG reflect + life per hit. max both you're set... idk i'm just a noob.
Edited by RockBottom#1978 on 5/31/2012 12:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I've been wanting to get leech items for them. Otherwise I just drag/skip and continue. I can 3 shot myself if I toss 3 nethers at a group.
Reply Quote
i had to come back here for a moment, somewhere in this forum in a diff thread i cannot find anymore, someone had suggested getting two fast one handers with life on hit.
I bought two cheap 440dps +400 life on hit crossbows and it worked really well for damage reflect mobs. Sure, i did a lot less damage but it made it so much less frustrating. Thanks who ever that was.
Reply Quote
just get a life on hit weapon you use for thoose !@#$rs
Reply Quote
Life on hit amount is reduced by 80% on Inferno, though...

Life on kill, is not though. My bow has over 2k life on kill. Combined with the lifesteal on NT and a bit of creative kiting (ie kill some trash while kiting), I take down Damage Reflect mobs like a boss.
Reply Quote
Life leach is nerfed, not life on hit.
Reply Quote
Life on hit really mitigates it if you have enough.Critting isn't actually something you want against reflect mobs.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]