Diablo® III

Cannot login / get patch

When I try to login I get a box tellin me it needs to get a patch and that the game will now close and apply it automatically. I click OK, and then I get a popup saying Diablo 3 has stopped working. An event is written to the Application log (below)

OS is Win 7 and is up to date. How do I make it apply the patch ?

Faulting application name: Diablo III.exe, version: 1.0.2.9749, time stamp: 0x4fb462bd
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.17725, time stamp: 0x4ec49b8f
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000222b2
Faulting process id: 0xdc8
Faulting application start time: 0x01cd3f7dbd24de1c
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Diablo III\Diablo III.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 068acc8f-ab71-11e1-812a-6cf04902cd9c
Reply Quote
Same problem here.
Reply Quote
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Diablo III.exe
Application Version: 1.0.2.9749
Application Timestamp: 4fb462bd
Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.17725
Fault Module Timestamp: 4ec49b8f
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000222b2

Same deal here, says game up to date in launcher, then open it up and connect to battle.net and says need patch then closed unexpectedly, wait few seconds without closing and get - Diablo 3 is already running.
The Americas server and thought there launcher - im in NZ.
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5152415037?page=1

This worked for me
Reply Quote
I get this error "ERROR: The File"C:\Programs File (x86) DiabloIII\Updated\d3-0-9858-Win-final.MPQ"appears to be corrupt. You may need to download it again.

Any ideas?
Reply Quote
88 Orc Warrior
I am having the same issue with the patch saying it is corrupt, I have deleted the old file and tried again to no avail.
Reply Quote
I've got the same problem !!! Plz blizzard help us you can't just say wait that the patch is finish it's already finish !!!! and we can't even patch you got a problem!!!!
Reply Quote
I get this error "ERROR: The File"C:\Programs File (x86) DiabloIII\Updated\d3-0-9858-Win-final.MPQ"appears to be corrupt. You may need to download it again.

Any ideas?

Had this the other day - just go into your progam files for D3 in the folder updates delete the file d3-0-9858-Win-final.MPQ and start the program again.

As for the patch looping SHEESH! Why is it so hard....
Just found this ... http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5152415037?page=1
but read carefully....
Edited by Stevo#1101 on 5/31/2012 5:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Thanks so much for the solution: I get this error "ERROR: The File"C:\Programs File (x86) DiabloIII\Updated\d3-0-9858-Win-final.MPQ"appears to be corrupt. You may need to download it again.

Any ideas?

Had this the other day - just go into your progam files for D3 in the folder updates delete the file d3-0-9858-Win-final.MPQ and start the program again.

WORKED GREAT...TyVm@@
Reply Quote
My problem is,

When i log in that box as for everyone appears, that it needs to update and will close automatically and update. But as soon as it gets to the launcher page, it says that the 'game is up to date' already? and i click on play???

It doesnt automatically update :S

Anyone?? =/
Reply Quote
Guys I just found the file that is the patch update file and deleted it. and it worked the update worked well :)
Reply Quote
I PAY FOR THE GAME FOR NOTHING, I HAVE A LITTLE MORE TIME TO PLAY BECAUSE I HAVE A WORK, WHEN I GOT HOME THIS F*CKING MAINTENANCE IS KILLING ME!! DO SOMETHING!! I DIDN'T PAY FOR YOUR F*CKING DIABLO 3 JUST FOR NOTHING! I AM ANOTHER UNSATISFIED CUSTOMER!! NOW I CAN'T GET MY HANDS ON THE $60 THAT I BOUGHT...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply Quote
what happens if you dont have that specific file?

ive only got up to

d3-0-9749-Win-final.MPQ
Reply Quote
The fix from cleaner667 worked ... thx to u
but somehow after i update my game to patch 9858 , and login , all my character and saved games are missing , can someone help me ?
Thx for any effort before :)
Reply Quote
delete the patch file 9858. then re-download the patch again.
if it tells u it's corrupted, then repeat the steps.

i did it 3 times before the patch is installed successfully
Reply Quote
Oops , before i do that thing , i change my server to another US server , thats why all my saved games missing ......my bad ..... >_<
now its back ... really great help !!!
Best Regards from Indonesia :)
Reply Quote
IM LIKE YOU DONSKI102 I PAID $130 FOR NOTHING I MADE A DONATION TO WE PAID FOR NOTHING I WONT BE DOING IT AGAIN.
Reply Quote
delete the patch file 9858. then re-download the patch again.
if it tells u it's corrupted, then repeat the steps.
Thx BRO , happy hunting :)
i did it 3 times before the patch is installed successfully
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]