Diablo® III

Why Nether Tentacles?

05/31/2012 11:22 AMPosted by Snowbird
Nether tentacles most certainly does NOT heal you anything noticeable. its life steal is very low in inferno. I still need to down a health potion and hit battle scars and pick up health globes every fight against elites and rares that have the "reflects damage" mod.

If you have 10k HP like I do, it heals you a lot!

NTs can hit a target up to 3-4 times, depending how big it is and what angle you shoot them at. (Belial shooting at a perfect angle can hit him 3-4 times)
Reply Quote
Nether tentacles most certainly does NOT heal you anything noticeable. its life steal is very low in inferno. I still need to down a health potion and hit battle scars and pick up health globes every fight against elites and rares that have the "reflects damage" mod.

It DEFINITELY DOES heal you A LOT. Trust me on this one. You just need to use it properly. Even in inferno.
Edited by JitWeasel#1864 on 5/31/2012 11:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Unless you're the one DH in Inferno that isn't getting 1-shot by everything, the heal on NT is completely moot. As has been said before, people use NT because it's hands down the highest DPS hatred spender we have access to.
Reply Quote
More powerful then ball lightning though it doesnt have the same reach. It seems to move a bit slower and hits double more often.

Plus 3% when you're consistently hitting for over 75k damage is nothing to be dismissive about... you're not hitting for that much you say? You aren't geared enough for inferno then anyway
Reply Quote
05/31/2012 10:24 AMPosted by Nightmare
Lol i totally agree with the fact that it looks badass

Haha. This is the post that bumped this 2 day old thread.
Reply Quote
1. Nether tentacles when hitting hard regens a lot of hp.
2. Hits more than one enemy, going pretty far
3. Hits that same enemy more than once, you can hit one enemy 3 times as it passes through it.
4. When using sharp shooter passive skill and your crit is at 100%, because of the time it takes for nether tentacles to get to the enemy all the shots you did before the first shot does damage, crit. So you have around 10 nether tentacles critting at the same time.
5. Hungering arrow with devouring rune is the best hatred generator and does very high dps, bola shot is good but most people don't like the delay when the shot hits the enemy and they have to wait. usually causes deaths.
6. You don't have to aim with hungering arrow, shoot at the enemies general direction and it will follow through like a heat seeking missile.
Edited by Hades#6684 on 5/31/2012 11:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
70 Human Mage
I prefer Frost Arrow, though NT and BL are good.
Reply Quote
NT is also lulz when going against missile dampening mobs, THE LULZ I SWEAR
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
slow moving attacks + shaprshooter + massive APS is insane.

stand as far back and unload as many as you can, get out like 6 shots that all have 100% crit before the first even hits, + a whole second after.

just insane
Edited by zoid#1554 on 5/31/2012 11:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote

get shadow power with gloom rune, drop battle scars and get backup plan. i can literally stand and tank almost any combo in act 1/2 inferno with shadow power gloom and NT heal, when im out of hatred i just kite with caltrops.
Reply Quote
I have a razr mamba (never buying another razr again btw) - I use NT cause it works nicely with cold damage on weaps and means i don't need to come on the forums and cry like a massive massive bender about the SS nerf.

I've been using it since the minute I got it and really love the life steal aspect!

I also die a lot less than the other DH's I party with in Inferno but this could be cause I was playing D2 when most of you were still in nappies and haven't forgotten how to use a zon ;)
Reply Quote
you know the 3% lifesteal in inferno is reduced by 80% right... its the same on weapons, lifesteal in inferno is basically useless
Reply Quote
05/31/2012 11:47 AMPosted by FSGcasual
you know the 3% lifesteal in inferno is reduced by 80% right... its the same on weapons, lifesteal in inferno is basically useless

not really... you just need to have the proper skills to increase it back up...see above comments.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]