Diablo® III

In response to Athene's Diablo Inferno kill

85 Human Paladin
Recently I logged on the forums and saw a plethora of kids saying "ATHENE KILLED DIABLO IN INFERNO IN UNDER 2 MINS...WE MUST NERF DEMON HUNTERZ!!!"

And then I read comments below the post that stated multiple times...and I quote "Diablo kept getting Athene to 0% hp and he never died! He was obviously hacking!" At which point I realized what type of audience I was dealing with. (It's 1% hp not 0%)

So let me break this down for you....

Athene has an army of adolescent misguided teens willing to farm whatever gear and items he needs to achieve his goals. In WoW he used them to help him level at rapid speeds...and in Diablo he uses them to get geared with the best gear in the game faster than most people....NO SKILLZ required. It is easier for him to kill bosses than most players with the gear his minions farmed for him. Most players do not have people farming gear/items/professions for them 24/7 or helping them out in any way....so to nerf a class based on one persons achievements that he was only able to accomplish through the hard work and dedication of the minions carrying his water for him...is ridiculous.

In my opinion....I think Athene should learn how to play a paladin before he attempts to bring his demon hunter into the arena.
Edited by Kaine#1536 on 5/29/2012 7:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
BOOM. What now suckas!
Reply Quote
totally agree wif u man
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
He is right though, Athene is incredibly smart in how he promotes himself and his tactics.. but he's an average player @ best. Was not overly good in WoW and from watching his stream he gets carried even with his gear in D3.

Having access to the best gear in the game this quick isn't really something to cry nerf over.
Reply Quote
Nerd follwers doing biddings for thy nerd master? I thought this was only in movies.
Reply Quote
Lol athene did not hack or anything. That 0% was a BUG. IT happens to me if I stand on AOE while I have SS on. IT IS A BUG.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
You got some balls.

I approve this post.
Reply Quote
Was this just an Athene bashing post?

Clearly DH's are going to get nerfed, probably in about 2.5 hours when the servers are back up. No way that nether tenticles will stay the way it is for long.
Reply Quote
You should start your own youtube series cuz you just took down athene like a boss...
Reply Quote
05/29/2012 08:30 AMPosted by Kaìne
Just mad he isn't as popular as Athene.

If I was going for online popularity I'd quit my job and move back in with my parents.

Meh, in many cases online popularity earns alot of money (Though jealously obviously isn't the reason behind this thread)
Reply Quote
Your obviously retarded if you think athene doesn't have skills.
This guy was ranked FIRST in 3s and 5s in arena.

This nobody paladin telling him he should learn paladin?
What an idiot..

Trash rant is trash.
Edited by TheRealGosu#1618 on 5/29/2012 8:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
So, how do we gain our own nerd following? Apparently that's the key for Inf
Reply Quote
I feel the same way.
Buttt.... so what?!
Yah hes got minions. Thats awesome for him.
Wish i had nerd minions.
Edited by Nwg#1118 on 5/29/2012 8:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
WoW has ruined the online game community.
Edited by Was#1137 on 5/29/2012 8:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Do not make fun of Internet Superstar! He screenshots his D3 Kills and WoW Arena Ladder Rankings to meet women in bars. You are just jealous that you do not formulate your value and self-esteem from pixels!

In all seriousness though - LOL how is doing anything, in any video game a big deal?
Reply Quote
26 Tauren Warrior
Was this just an Athene bashing post?

Clearly DH's are going to get nerfed, probably in about 2.5 hours when the servers are back up. No way that nether tenticles will stay the way it is for long.

Nothing's wrong with NT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]