Diablo® III

In response to Athene's Diablo Inferno kill

Those are hardly a credible source for such a claim thus your post is invalid.

Nerd.

Beyonce
Reply Quote
Athene needs to l2p Demon hunter
Athene needs to l2 Gear himself
Athene needs to l2 not beg idiot fans for money when there broke
Athene just needs to l2p.....

If you've seen his streams his main title on the stream in the middle is saying Give me Gold... add Malaco blahb blah.

It's one thing that hes doing an awesome cause for the African Children.... It's another thing where he has no skill what so ever in this game or others and begs his idiotic fan base to gear and give him gold.

Also Sorry Athene your not #1 DH.... Plenty of Asian [Not being stereotypical] Have beaten your so called 200k+ dps. Get over it.
Reply Quote
I think this entire thread, and what it stands for is just so pathetic and sad in real life. I'm just an average player atm and this is my first Blizzard game. I have to say, the fact that so many young adolescents are letting this person manipulate them into farming gear for him is just plain wrong. Although, he is not to blame. The kids that support this person are clearly misguided souls in real life. The sheer amount of time this game requires to acquire gear to be even remotely able to accomplish the content is absurd. To know there are people out there dying over games like this, and feeding complete strangers gear just so they can say "Man, I'm a part of ATHENE's success because I have him 20 mill". How sad. Athene, and all the poor souls who support him, need to figure out who they are in real life and most probably need to quit this game/all games and mature. BTW, I just happened to click this forum link in an attempt to gain insight into my character.
Reply Quote
so are you saying this guy is a cult leader? how does he get other grown men, if they are grown men, to do stuff for him? Sounds kind of like a sad life to me. Wish i could play more, but I have a life to live, and I definietly wouldn't be slaving for some uber geek. Would this be the only human with mind control? Supervillain?

totally agree with the guy above me. I opened this thread by mistake trying to learn stuff and got sucked into the gamer drama with african children and cult followers and now i'm hooked and must explore its content. Questions must be answered!
Edited by bang0rang#1743 on 5/29/2012 9:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
1 Human Warrior
so are you saying this guy is a cult leader? !

Anyone for a nice refreshing glass of kool-aid??

hum, hum...
Reply Quote
*Smells trolls*
Reply Quote
49 Orc Mage
NT costs 10 hatred.

NT travels at a speed that allows it to hit bosses such as belial up to 6+ times per 10 hatred.

NT can do over 600k damage per 10 hatred on a single target because of this.

NT will be nerfed, at minimum it will get its movement speed drastically increased

I'm sorry man are you crazy, it's 1 boss, the 1 that gives DH the most trouble in P1+2, P3 should be a free kill for DH on belial anyway's as long as you don't play bad, so it doesn't matter if it hits it 6 times, it hit's it once or twice during P1+2.
600k damage per 10 hatred is only in 1 scenario, in my gear i get 80k per NT max if i get extra-ordinarily lucky.
It's fine as it is, if blizzard have an issue with belail, hot fix the max hit's in P3 to 2? so there's no issue.

That's simply a best case scenario for NT to showcase it's strength, it's still the best single target dps on diablo (smallest hitbox boss).

If NT hits any mob more than once (nearly every mob) then it's doing more damage than impale while pulse aoeing for nearly a third of the cost.

Really? I'm crazy for assuming that's going to be nerfed? Moron.
Reply Quote
i can tell u that NT won't be touched 100% btw. I actually bet you 10 mill.
Reply Quote
The point of the thread, was to show that demon hunter is not that OP, is just overgear what makes you OP
Reply Quote
Someone with godly gear was able to finish Inferno. Why is that strange to anyone?
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6018173/Game_Design_Update-5_28_2012#blog

If a skill is strong, but isn't really breaking the game, we want you to have your fun. Part of the enjoyment of Diablo is finding those super-strong builds, and we want players to be excited to use something they discovered that feels overpowered.

Saying this and then nerfing NT would be really hypocritical...

I actually agree with the SS nerf, that was game breaking, but NT is not.

Edit:
If any single skill or rune feels absolutely required to progress, it means that skill is working against our goal of encouraging build diversity -- and those “required” skills need to be corrected.

Again, NT is not "absolutely required to progress".
Edited by Fey#1175 on 5/29/2012 9:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
49 Orc Mage
05/29/2012 09:45 AMPosted by Cackster
i can tell u that NT won't be touched 100% btw. I actually bet you 10 mill.

If this is a bet that NT will not be altered -ever- I will take it.

If this is a bet that NT will not be changed today, congrats on reading the patch notes.
Reply Quote
all I have to say is you're an orc mage. Eat an orange and shh.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
+1

Athene is a no skill !@#$%^
Reply Quote
That's simply a best case scenario for NT to showcase it's strength, it's still the best single target dps on diablo (smallest hitbox boss).

If NT hits any mob more than once (nearly every mob) then it's doing more damage than impale while pulse aoeing for nearly a third of the cost.

Pretty sure scaling wise the impale last rune + adequate gear will outdo NT single target, there's no reason for it to be nerfed it is powerful but without it we'd be left pretty weaker with having to resort to frost arrow + impale, i think it will be nerfed but i'm just saying there's no reason for it to be, so what if we can do high damage with 1 spell? with the amount of kiting we have to do, high damage when we can be stationary seems like a fair trade-off to me.

With the SS nerf we have to spend more time kiting and not just being a glass cannon, i think we need this ability and any nerf's are uncalled for.
Reply Quote
49 Orc Mage
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6018173/Game_Design_Update-5_28_2012#blog

If a skill is strong, but isn't really breaking the game, we want you to have your fun. Part of the enjoyment of Diablo is finding those super-strong builds, and we want players to be excited to use something they discovered that feels overpowered.

Saying this and then nerfing NT would be really hypocritical...

I actually agree with the SS nerf, that was game breaking, but NT is not.

Edit:
If any single skill or rune feels absolutely required to progress, it means that skill is working against our goal of encouraging build diversity -- and those “required” skills need to be corrected.

Again, NT is not "absolutely required to progress".

I don't believe it's required to progress, but I also don't believe that anyone would -choose- to progress without it - especially on bosses where it will hit them 4-7 times.

Before NT I used multishot and impale, once I got NT I suddenly had a skill which did the job of both these skills for half the cost (Oh, and it does them better). It's so good it frees up a skill slot.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest
05/29/2012 09:40 AMPosted by RBeast25
*Smells trolls*

We smell good. :)
Reply Quote
49 Orc Mage

Pretty sure scaling wise the impale last rune + adequate gear will outdo NT single target, there's no reason for it to be nerfed it is powerful but without it we'd be left pretty weaker with having to resort to frost arrow + impale, i think it will be nerfed but i'm just saying there's no reason for it to be, so what if we can do high damage with 1 spell? with the amount of kiting we have to do, high damage when we can be stationary seems like a fair trade-off to me.

With the SS nerf we have to spend more time kiting and not just being a glass cannon, i think we need this ability and any nerf's are uncalled for.

Sorry but impale doesn't even come close to the damage of NT with any rune if it's hitting multiple times.

NT hits 155% x amount of times at 10 hatred

Impale hits for 250% +100% crit damage at 25 hatred.

If NT simply hits 2 times it's already done 310% for less than half the cost of impale, and on most bosses it's going to hit another 2-4 additional times for the same cost.
Reply Quote
Why compare Impale, a high speed projectile ability to NT? I can run faster than NT.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]