Diablo® III

Caltrops?

05/29/2012 11:35 AMPosted by Nopskillz
Between Caltrops + Frost Arrow, you are almost always hitting things that are slowed!

or just get a wpn with +cold dmg. then EVERYTHING procs cull the weak
Reply Quote
Caltrops is a must-have in my builds. They are too useful to ignore. I love numbing traps for damage reduction.

They do damage, proc cull the weak, snare, give a group damage reduction... what's not to like?
Edited by Leliana#1393 on 5/29/2012 11:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
is everyone a noob or something?

caltrops with jagged spikes?

you mean torturous grounds right?
Reply Quote
I find the jagged spikes rune very useful in inferno. I have played around with torturous grounds as well, but I like jagged spikes more for kiting annoying immune elite packs and such.
Reply Quote
1 Human Rogue
The problem with caltrops is they drain prescious disc that could be used for SS. You won't care pre act 2 inferno, but afterwards you will. There are still lots of times when caltrops becomes useful, it's just very situational.
Reply Quote
I'm surprised so many people are using the jagged spikes rune. Torturous ground even works on bosses/shielded/invulnerable and you can perma immobilize the little treasure gnomes. Works great on fast mobs as well.
Reply Quote
05/29/2012 11:00 AMPosted by Myst
Or, you could just be a beast Demon Hunter. Meaning, not having to worry about kiting, and rely on pure damage. Use SS / Prep, of course. Also, Impale ( with Grievous Wounds ) and using your Bat companion allows for max. damage output. Get a weapon with 900+ damage and you then, don't have to worry about caltrops. The only point where I see caltrops being necessary is for the achieve. =/

LOL back to hell you go
Reply Quote
try this build it seems to work for me
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#aRYTfP!deY!YabZYY
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]