Diablo® III

Dual boxing Diablo 3, Need help

Hey guys. After recently buying diablo 3 and getting super pumped about it I played it for a solid week. And have now turned my Girlfriend towards the game

But we only own 1 Computer.. The route I took was using a few programs combined with a 2 monitor setup that lets her use a totally different Keyboard/Mouse and she can take control of 1 screen without interfering with mine... And lets her run a virtual machine on her side that lets her do anything she wishes...

Except Diablo 3 As it will always say "Diablo 3 is already running" When she wants to play with me as I can not dual box on one PC apparently :(

We have 2 totally different accounts/Keys

Is there anyway around this at the moment?
Edited by Reflex#1811 on 5/29/2012 6:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
This wold not work at all.
Reply Quote
05/29/2012 06:24 PMPosted by Veggen
This wold not work at all.

Are you referring to my solution? Because I have been doing it with WoW for the past 2 Years as well as SWOTR.

Running two users with individual actions has been around for a long long time
Edited by Reflex#1811 on 5/29/2012 6:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
The game will not let two players play simultaneously on the same user account. It's part of the DRM and there's no way around it, since the game depends on Blizzard's servers to run.
Reply Quote
05/29/2012 06:27 PMPosted by XMark
The game will not let two players play simultaneously on the same user account. It's part of the DRM and there's no way around it, since the game depends on Blizzard's servers to run.

Let me be clear. We have two different accounts
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Reflex,

Assuming she has her own account and characters, it's still not a supported method of playing Diablo III. It's not supported for World of Warcraft either. I'm not saying it absolutely can't be done, just that we can't offer any help in setting it up and with any issues that may arise.

If you have a virtual machine software set up, why can't you run two copies? o.O.

What is the name of the said software?
Reply Quote
Reflex,

Assuming she has her own account and characters, it's still not a supported method of playing Diablo III. It's not supported for World of Warcraft either. I'm not saying it absolutely can't be done, just that we can't offer any help in setting it up and with any issues that may arise.

I understand that blizzard does not Support nor Deny the ability to multibox. I just want to open 2 Diablo windows on 1 PC
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
try copying it to a different directory
Reply Quote
I suggest trying to move it to a different location as well as changing the name of it.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
Reflex,

You should check out virtual box. It's open source/free.

Hope that is what your looking for. You said you multi-boxed on wow, so you should be familiar with this kind of stuff. Although, WOW, allows you to run multiple instances. Check out Virtual Box though.
Reply Quote
Both are good ideas. and both have been tried. Still no bueno
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I think it would be easier to get a job for another computer they are pretty cheap now of days
Reply Quote
why not just get her a PC of her own? then you dont have to worry about it.
Reply Quote
05/29/2012 06:38 PMPosted by Veggen
I think it would be easier to get a job for another computer they are pretty cheap now of days

College student. Working fulltime to pay off tuition... you should try it some time lol.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
If you want to run two copies of D3 on the same machine; create a second copy of the game folder, create 2 shortcuts (on the desktop or something), right click each shortcut and place -launch after the end quote i.e. "C:\Program Files (x86)\Diablo III\Diablo III.exe" -launch
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
05/29/2012 06:42 PMPosted by Reflex

College student. Working fulltime to pay off tuition... you should try it some time lol.

I am working full-time. I also happen to have more than one computer. I have 4 in front of me right now.
Reply Quote
Must have missed the part were he must pay off college tuition..
Reply Quote
05/29/2012 06:57 PMPosted by Veggen

I am working full-time. I also happen to have more than one computer. I have 4 in front of me right now.

You don't know enough about the OP to make a comment like this without coming across as a d-bag/troll/whatever.
Reply Quote
05/29/2012 06:21 PMPosted by Reflex
And lets her run a virtual machine on her side that lets her do anything she wishes...

Are you running her copy of Diablo3 from within the VM she is using? Meaning that the installation files are installed within the VM, not on an "external" drive (ie the regular install location on the host OS) that the VM has access to.

That should work...
Edited by Hostile#1562 on 5/29/2012 7:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]