Diablo® III

How did Diablo fall off the Crystal Arch?

Did they just tug him by his tail and throw him off? Was his body temperature so hot that he melted the ground beneath him? WTF?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Someone pushed him off, I'd imagine.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
05/30/2012 08:36 PMPosted by Jadoth

Someone went out of their way to drag him to the edge and throw him off. How heavy do you think Diablo is?
Reply Quote
They must have used a system of levers and pulleys.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
05/30/2012 08:47 PMPosted by Merik

Someone went out of their way to drag him to the edge and throw him off. How heavy do you think Diablo is?

Fat.
Reply Quote
The greater question for me is how could everyone in the High Heavens, including Tyrael "Arch-Mortal of Wisdom" be so idiotic as to punt Diablo's corpse off the top of the Arch without securing the Black Soulstone first?

Way to ensure an expansion set, wing-kids.

That being said, the imagery of the falling star at the beginning of the game (being Tyrael) being echoed by a falling star at the end of the game (being Diablo) was nice and poetic, but it's mighty troublesome that there was such a logic fail as "hay guys no need to destroy the Black Soulstone with all dem evils, NAWP."
Reply Quote
The Black Soulstone actually hit another building in the heaven. So... I would image that's just a mistake between the coordination of writers and cinematic artists.
Reply Quote
05/30/2012 11:00 PMPosted by Crow
The greater question for me is how could everyone in the High Heavens, including Tyrael "Arch-Mortal of Wisdom" be so idiotic as to punt Diablo's corpse off the top of the Arch without securing the Black Soulstone first?

I think the purpose of throwing him off the edge was to actually burn up his remains as to reveal the Soulstone within him (which, as we saw in the cinematic, was then secured by Tyrael). After his defeat we can see that Diablo's body is volatile, evidenced by the glowing gashes, but not actually burning up. Hence they threw him off the edge to finish the burning process by exposing his body to the rush of passing oxygen.

Similar to how you need to blow on embers in order to spark up a fire while camping.

Perhaps a bit of a stretch but that's how I see it. :P
Reply Quote
because derp plot device
Reply Quote
09/08/2013 12:31 AMPosted by DamienJohn
I think the purpose of throwing him off the edge was to actually burn up his remains as to reveal the Soulstone within him (which, as we saw in the cinematic, was then secured by Tyrael).
Couldn't they just cut him up? :D
Reply Quote
09/08/2013 12:31 AMPosted by DamienJohn

I think the purpose of throwing him off the edge was to actually burn up his remains as to reveal the Soulstone within him (which, as we saw in the cinematic, was then secured by Tyrael). After his defeat we can see that Diablo's body is volatile, evidenced by the glowing gashes, but not actually burning up. Hence they threw him off the edge to finish the burning process by exposing his body to the rush of passing oxygen.

Similar to how you need to blow on embers in order to spark up a fire while camping.

It's a OK stretch I guess. And it fell off to another building in heaven, so I guess they didn't worry about its fall too much since it will definitely still in Heaven.
Reply Quote
09/08/2013 12:34 PMPosted by Larse

It's a OK stretch I guess. And it fell off to another building in heaven, so I guess they didn't worry about its fall too much since it will definitely still in Heaven.

Makes sense...
Reply Quote
Not sure if it was a bug or not, but just finished Inferno mode on the console version and Diablo's body was nowhere to be seen when the "loot fountain" effect occurred.

I'll have to report back after getting there with another character. Perhaps this was implemented as a small answer to that question of continuity.
Reply Quote
The probably used sticks to as to not get their hands dirty.
Reply Quote

Way to ensure an expansion set, wing-kids.

That being said, the imagery of the falling star at the beginning of the game (being Tyrael) being echoed by a falling star at the end of the game (being Diablo) was nice and poetic, but it's mighty troublesome that there was such a logic fail as "hay guys no need to destroy the Black Soulstone with all dem evils, NAWP."

Well, for whatever reason Tyrael states that the last challenge is for The Nephalem alone. Meaning that even though he was nearby, he wasn't technically present for the victory.
Reply Quote
I don't know if anyone noticed, but while all the sparks and whistles are going off when Diablo is dying, you can still target and hit him(....her??). Which, every time I keep on unleashing holy righteousness on Diablo, so I figured that leads to how Diablo is throw off the Crystal Arch: The Nephalem was letting out some built up hardcore aggression/daddy issues.
Reply Quote
Not sure if it was a bug or not, but just finished Inferno mode on the console version and Diablo's body was nowhere to be seen when the "loot fountain" effect occurred.

I'll have to report back after getting there with another character. Perhaps this was implemented as a small answer to that question of continuity.

No, in the console version, Diablo is still on the ground when the loot pops out. But he will disappear after a while. You can see it in this video:

http://youtu.be/hBa0pwiViEg?t=29m45s
Reply Quote
One of the angels used a weapon that had knockback and kept hitting him til he fell off.
Reply Quote
He was either pushed off, or after laying there for a while, he got up with his last bit of life, but fell since he was mortally wounded. As for the black soulstone, it would just fall to the ground, so it didn't leave Heaven.
Reply Quote

No, in the console version, Diablo is still on the ground when the loot pops out. But he will disappear after a while. You can see it in this video:

http://youtu.be/hBa0pwiViEg?t=29m45s

Must have been a bug then, has happened twice for me on console version and it definitely wasn't a timeout.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]