Diablo® III

Tempest Rush

Bump so I can actually use Tempest Rush in emergencies.
Reply Quote
i find just about every graphic effect heavy skill in the game causes rubberbanding. it's !@#$ing pathetic.
Reply Quote
Bump.... I SWORE by Tempest Rush up until I finished a2 inferno, but it seems in a3 I just die whenever I use it. Herald of Pestellance, Desecrate, etc...

It is my absolute FAVORITE monk utility skill as it has SO MANY valuable uses, but in it's current state I'd consider it unusable.
Reply Quote
Buggiest skill in the game right now. Completely worthless. Please fix the rubber banding.
Reply Quote
bump, increased repair costs magnify the need to fix this
Reply Quote
I've done some testing (would love to do more but testing means dying and dying means repair costs I cannot afford):

1) In 1.03, TR rubberbanding (for me) happens more often when many mobs or elite groups are present
Never experienced TR problems in 1.02.

2) Rubberbanding seems especially frequent when I am low on spirit.

3) In 1.03, when TR'ing through a group of mobs, their melee hits sometimes cancel my TR. The spell then seems to be on a 0.5s (or similar) CD before I can invoke it again (plus the added initial spirit cost), regularly causing my monk to die.
I obviously can't check, but to me it seemed that TR was uninterruptible in 1.02. Also, I have the feeling that I could trigger two TRs in short succession without hitting a CD. Both problems, I have never encountered before 1.03 went live.

Just in case this is important: I am using FoT as my spirit generator (yet I am starved for spirit all the time since 1.03) with the teleport rune.
Reply Quote
STILL NOT FIXED, I used this spell today again - . I rightclick into the mass to start tempest rush, I leave the mass at the other side, but suddenly it teleports me back in - THERE WAS NO VORTEX OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT!

IT KILLS ME WHEN I HAVE NO SPIRIT LEFT! AND TEMPEST RUSH DRAINS SPIRIT!!
Blizzard where are my 30k repair cost, for this bug, please?

This spell is especially designed for hardcore, I thought Blizzard cares about Hardcore, right now it would just kill any hardcore character who tries to recon on this spell... while I tried to include it into my low-repair-softcore-build, I failed because it's still bugged.

@Sune, no it is not impportant, where should your spirit generator control another spell?? I use FoT:SC as my generator btw.
Edited by DoOmTrAin#2647 on 6/21/2012 10:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote
70 Tauren Hunter
This is still very much an issue.
I use Flurry rune with tempest rush, I find that if I do not quickly get another ability off before ending my tempest rush the likelihood of rubberbanding is fairly high.
Please fix this skill as it is most certainly one of the best crowd control and survival skills the monk has.
Reply Quote
70 Tauren Hunter
^
Frustrating.. I really don't want to get rid of using tempest rush, but it has become about the sole reason that I die now. This rubber banding has to be fixed or give us a skill to replace it !
Reply Quote
^
I usually get rubber band when I need it the most. TR away from pack and 3 arcane sentry. Poof, rubber banded back in the middle of the pack and the lasers, dead. My latency is under 25ms so it can't be a connectivity issue. Please fix, I love this skill.
Reply Quote
Yeah something is not working right with this skill. It's a pity because when it works properly, TR is one of the strongest Monk escape abilities.
Reply Quote
I am also having this issue with tempest rush.

While channeling the the monks Tempest Rush Skill many times it gets interrupted and the character rebounds to the starting location of the Rush, rather than the intended crowd control effect be applied.

I have found this to occur mostly with elite pack creatures with certain skills such as teleport, vortex, knockback, and jail.
Reply Quote
Bump for justice.
Reply Quote
Please fix this issue! I love that skill but rubberbanding makes it in Inferno almost unplayable. I wouldn't have been died uncountable times if it was fixed recently. I don't even mention HC.
Reply Quote
Please fix it!
This is really annoying.
Edited by almonleng#1996 on 6/27/2012 6:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
+1 caused quite a few deaths, thought it was lag
but suspiciously this "lag" only happens while i'm trying to do TR

T___T
Reply Quote
HELLO I also am having MAJOR problems with Tempest rush, and i'm fully aware everyone else is too.

Right now my situation is more serious than most, i'm on the edge of progressing in inferno in hardcore... I've already had several VERY dangerous sitautions due to rubberbanding on tempest rush.

It's sad that our best escape skill only works "some" of the time... this makes progressing as a monk in HC muchmuch harder than it's supposed to be.

And i'm basicly in farm mode untill it's fixed.

Please blizzard, please fix the rubberband issue with tempest rush!
Reply Quote
By the way yes this is how I lost my first HC monk, tempest rush failed me.

It seems to happen most when you're surrounded by elites....ironicly....
Reply Quote
justice bump PLEASE FIX TEMPEST
Reply Quote
^
Wow, really not posted to the know bugs list yet.

/ragequit

Bliz, Please get this fixed.

TY
Edited by Animoz#1790 on 6/28/2012 6:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]