Diablo® III

New Demon Hunter

Anything I should know? Some basic things you vets have learned...?

Best type of weapon style (dual crossbow, 2 hand crossbow, one crossbow/quiver, etc

Some standard types of builds or cornerstone talents/runes?

What sort of Inferno end game style/situation am I looking at?

General advice? Thanks.
Reply Quote
I'll help you out. I just hit 60 and Inferno, but I can definitely give you what I've learned so far.

Smoke Screen and Prep should be a given in any build imo. I run with the move speen rune for SS (since the nerf) and the 30% chance for no cd on Prep. But until you hit the level for that, I would run battle scars on Prep.

Hundering arrow with piercing until you can get devouring is the best generator in my opinion. I've tried them all, and this is the best suited for me.

I then use elemental arrow with nether tentacles, but until then frost or fear work good as well.

I use the bat companion for the extra hate regen.

Recently I've started using stampede as it has no hatred cost, and I can focus all my hatred on spamming NT.

I use either 2 handed bows or xbows with a quiver as I've never found hizzies that come close to the dps of 2hand plus off hand.

Focus on Vit, Dex, Crit Damage, and IAS until Inferno. Then max out DPS and worry less about vitality and focus on finding stuff that may have resist all.

Learn to kite as it will be invaluable in Hell+. Make sure to use SS to break CC, such as jailers, frozen.

Ask away if you have any questions.
Reply Quote
Thanks a lot. I have a Level 60 Barbarian in Act 2 Inferno with 50k or so health, 9k armor, 700+ all resists and It is simply way too frustration to play as Melee in the games current state.

How would you say DH is as far as difficulty level in Inferno? How much resist all should I obtain?
Reply Quote
I'll help you out. I just hit 60 and Inferno, but I can definitely give you what I've learned so far.

Smoke Screen and Prep should be a given in any build imo. I run with the move speen rune for SS (since the nerf) and the 30% chance for no cd on Prep. But until you hit the level for that, I would run battle scars on Prep.

Hundering arrow with piercing until you can get devouring is the best generator in my opinion. I've tried them all, and this is the best suited for me.

I then use elemental arrow with nether tentacles, but until then frost or fear work good as well.

I use the bat companion for the extra hate regen.

Recently I've started using stampede as it has no hatred cost, and I can focus all my hatred on spamming NT.

I use either 2 handed bows or xbows with a quiver as I've never found hizzies that come close to the dps of 2hand plus off hand.

Focus on Vit, Dex, Crit Damage, and IAS until Inferno. Then max out DPS and worry less about vitality and focus on finding stuff that may have resist all.

Learn to kite as it will be invaluable in Hell+. Make sure to use SS to break CC, such as jailers, frozen.

Ask away if you have any questions.

What passives do you use? My guess would be Steady Aim and Archery, at the very least. Wouldn't it be more beneficial to use the smoke-screen run-speed passive and the duration boost rune for SS (because of the nerf)? Gives you more time to escape plus you can cover more ground moving at 60% increased speed.

On inferno, I know slowing the enemies is going to be very important, especially for "fast" enabled ones, and even moreso for "fast" ones that are already really fast. Maybe it would be better to use entangling shot with either Chain Gang (slow all or almost all of an elite pack at once) or Justice is Served (for hatred regen, for NT spamming)? This way you can also use "Cull the Weak" for increased DPS for NT spamming.

This would be my DH build, based on your build.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#bRVXTl!Yec!accaZb
Edited by Darknuke#1509 on 5/31/2012 10:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Slows mean nothing vs fast/wallers/jailers. Chain gang just does nowhere near the damage I feel like I need to put out. I use SS, Archery, and steady aim. 10 yards for the steady aim buff is really much much smaller then you think.

I don't like the extended duration rune for SS anymore. From 1 second to 1.5 seconds is just not worth it. I'll take the move speed. I can get farther away with the move speed then I can with that extra .5 second.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]