Diablo® III

Level 56 in Hell act 2, need help.

4 Undead Rogue
Build: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#aRYdSV!Vbe!bZaZcY

I can handle almost anything, but I lack defensively. To be specific, Jailers stomp me. Wallers and Vortex aren't so bad due to vault.

What I was considering is changing Frost Arrow to something else since I spend most of my Hatred on Spike Traps. I can't see any other Spike rune being viable besides the one I use, because it basically triples the damage per hatred point spent.

Everyone swears by Smokescreen, but please help me understand what's so amazing about it. It costs a significant amount of discipline, and the duration doesn't seem long enough to matter. Especially after they nerf it which I think is what's happening right now during maintenance.

For a bit I was using Shadow Power with the rune that reduces incoming damage by 65% in place of Spike Trap. That coupled with Preparation made me able to tank elites pretty well, but...

1. I have a feeling that won't work in Inferno (have a barb in A2 inferno) and
2. My overall damage felt pitiful.

Anyone use any other hatred generator besides hungering? I was considering Entangling Shot with the Chain Gang rune (4 targets), because it would be a snare + 300% weapon damage total if you hit all 4.

any tips greatly appreciated.
Reply Quote
I like the immobilize caltrops over the slower ones.

You should either gear for spike trap crit build, or not use it.

Also numbing traps passive is ok, but usually i don't take damage from the minions that i've immobilized with traps. So I don't think this ur best bet with ur passive.
Reply Quote
Smokescreen breaks jail. When used properly it makes jailer/waller/vortex easy to handle. I didn't find it useful until act 3 hell, and when I started using it the game was a lot easier to handle.
Reply Quote
Here is the build I have been using

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#beXVSl!abe!abYbcb

I was struggling too but once I changed some things around, it has gotten much easier. Make sure your gear is up to par. (lvl 54 plus) Stack Dex/Vit as usual. Any gear you can get to return hp for damage done will help you too. Smokescreen breaks jail and ice and has proven to be quite valuable, especially with the speed boost rune. Like vault, it allows you to get out of any sticky situations quite quickly. Chakram deals a boatload of damage. I've seen 18-24k crits with it. Plus with the snare of entagling shots, with the chain gang rune to snare multiples, it certainly buys time. You can substitute this for stun grenades if you like, which is what I started with, but its not as accurate and (at least to my observation) wasnt as effective. I didnt use traps until I unlocked the scatter rune, which also helps a lot, seeing crits of almost 30k. Stampede does an AOE knockback, which will help as well. Once I implimented all of this the game on hell got trememdously easier. Kite your yellow/purple/blue mobs around and be careful not to aggro any more. However just this morning I got a yellow mob, while kiting aggro'd a purple, and then a blue set of mobs. But with this build I was able to kite them around and survive it. Give it a shot and let me know how it goes.

Sorry for the wall of text btw. Good luck man!
Reply Quote

Everyone swears by Smokescreen, but please help me understand what's so amazing about it. It costs a significant amount of discipline, and the duration doesn't seem long enough to matter. Especially after they nerf it which I think is what's happening right now during maintenance.

The reason you take smoke screen is that it breaks all crowd control effects - jails, snares, freeze, fear, whatever.

I find it works really well with tactical advantage + displacement. Instant CC break then 200% move speed to get to a safe position.
Edited by Leliana#1393 on 5/31/2012 12:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I would swap vault for either shadow power + gloom to tank the jailers, or for SS to break CC. I prefer shadow power. You shouldn't be getting 1 shot in Hell, and shadow power + gloom rune is basically ignore pain slotted with the life steal rune, but without a cooldown.
Edited by Itharius#1253 on 5/31/2012 12:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]