However some things I'm not fine with:
* Our fury spenders suck. From all I've read I'd wager that the vast majority of barbs in act 3 / 4 right now don't even use a fury dumping ability, because we need that precious extra ability slot for another defensive CD. Because of this, fury is insignificant, which makes the class less interesting. How many of you have wrath of the berserker as the only ability that costs fury?
* We are pigeon holed into using only certain abilities / builds. Yes this applies to other classes as well but especially for barbs. On top of that, almost every build in inferno relies on one ability, revenge, which is based off of RNG. Most engagements involve spamming the **** out of your revenge key and using other CDs when needed. Again, boring.
* Barbs are significantly easier to play solo than with groups (is it just me?). In groups, melee characters will take the bulk of the damage... which is scaled depending on the number of players in the game. Barbs need to be able to stand and fight for a prolonged time to be effective. Ranged classes don't: they die in 1 hit when playing solo and they still die in 1 hit in a party, so the increased damage of enemies doesn't even matter to them. Not the same with barbs... getting hit 2-3 times harder makes a huge difference: a barb that is kiting trying to avoid death is more or less a worthless deadweight.
I have gotten horribly bored of playing this class. I'm okay with the gear and gold grinding but the gameplay is completely one-dimensional right now. For the barb, inferno is not a skill check at all, just a gear check. Yes it's Diablo and gear is obviously important, but seriously. REVENGE. That's all there is.
Anyone else feel the same?
1. Fury spenders suck -> fury is a useless class resource, makes class boring
2. Reliance on an RNG proc ability to do everything, and you HAVE to have it -> boring
3. Class sucks in party -> play solo unless you like dragging the party down