Diablo® III

How to fix patch looping - Aussies

Worst handled patch job ever.
Reply Quote
good work around mate :)
Reply Quote
Worked perfectly. thx =]
Reply Quote
soooo anyone figured this out for mac players?
Reply Quote
i opened the agent db file and theres only 1 there did the unhide hidden content and still same thing.
Reply Quote
Got it working. I had to delete a file from the updates folder, and BOOM.... online.
Thanks dude, you are are a freaking legend.
Blizzard, you better pay the OP serveral thousand dollars for doing your job.
Seems the OP can fix your hotfixes.
Reply Quote
Tried this and did not work the loader says I am up-to-date but when i try to login to the game it says I need to patch. ????
Reply Quote
Hello everyone,

I completley feel the pain here, its been an interesting hour. I felt compelled to post as Rej's fix has got me into action and in the game right now!

I first tried changing to Spanish, then it wanted to d-load 4 gig or so eeeek! I don't recommend this method people. That resulted in some crafty renaming of the agent folder (.old yeah!) then back to english. I even kept the old copy (db File) just in case.

Just follow the steps and you'll be sweet, use MS WordPad. I'm on Win 7 easy money.

Thanks again Rej you got me gaming
Reply Quote
in time like this i wish i knew how to do anything on a computer other than play games why didnt i pay attention in it class arrrrggg
Reply Quote
Are you guys able to play now?

Still not working for me. =(
Reply Quote
If you go into the agent.db file, you can change a few keystrokes so that it will update for you.

You'll find the file here...
Win7 & Vista is in C:\ProgramData\Battle.net\Agent
WinXP is in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Battle.net\Agent

Just type that link into your Internet Browser and select the Agent database file, then open it with wordpad.You'll be looking for the following sequence:
http://enSG.patch.battle.net:1119/patch

Change it to:
http://enUS.patch.battle.net:1119/patch

There will be three instances of it, you need to update all of them.

Yes you rock it WORKED!!! :D
Edited by Magnotron#6339 on 5/31/2012 7:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Oh I see now where I went wrong. There were 3 addresses to change.

I'm in!! WOOHOO!!

Thanks! =)
Reply Quote
Worked for me, thanks! My copy was also bought in-store (Australia).
Reply Quote
Fixed and playing in game. You bloody legend.
Reply Quote
Worked :D
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Worked perfectly THANKS OP!!
- just need to re-iterate that the game client must be closed when the DB file is edited or it will just reset to SG again.
Reply Quote
Now just the problem of changing it back when i can't read chinese...hmmm
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]