Diablo® III

Inferno Act 1 dying too easily help?

Level 60 Demon Hunter

38K DPS

2Hand bow it's really slow even thought I have bracers that give me more attack speed and quiver.

When it comes to champions with immunity unless you kill one of their "DADDIES"

I also have 22k life and I die with 2 hits... I actually killed the skeletor king within like 10 minutes but I did it.

What can I do to beat that act1 and be able to farm it? oh also all my resistences are 100+ but then again if I go down with DEXTERITY and more resistance I will barely be able to kill anyone?

tips please :) Thank you guys!
Reply Quote
38k dps and 22 k life isnt gonna cut it... i do about 45 k dps and 30+ k life with 200 resist and still had ttrouble inferno act 1.... be patient killing things from far distance

also try and upgrade ur merc as much as possible to tank

the real surprise is when u get to act 2 =)
Reply Quote
Its inferno. You will die. In inferno. Just go all dps. Screw resistance and health. Use your Templar for all that.
Reply Quote
I have over 80k buffed (please make sure to read that word!) DPS with about 15k health. Yes, I still get one shot. But I kill things fast. I'm slowly upgrading my gear... However, I've gotten about half way through act II like this. ZK was a problem, and I had to do it in a group, but other than that I've very, very slowly grinded my way through. I don't want to hijack your thread, and might make my own, about my own issues/questions...specifically about how the hell to farm for better gear! Ugh!

Anyway, I think you're doing fine. Just keep making gold, selling your stuffs, and buying better stuffs. The grind!
Reply Quote
38k dps and 22 k life isnt gonna cut it... i do about 45 k dps and 30+ k life with 200 resist and still had ttrouble inferno act 1.... be patient killing things from far distance

Ummmm what? I did act 1 Inferno no problem with a max of 20k hp and like 15k dps. Act 1 is baby inferno. Easiest thing in the world.
Reply Quote
Just go pure dps and ninja away from taking damage.
Reply Quote

Ummmm what? I did act 1 Inferno no problem with a max of 20k hp and like 15k dps. Act 1 is baby inferno. Easiest thing in the world.

How? That doesn't even make sense. I have same hp, but with 20k dps (not including SS). I'm having a terrible time killing anything that isn't a normal enemy.
Reply Quote
so going with DEX+All Res is good idea? Thanks for all the replies.
Reply Quote
Hmmm. Well I have 32k dps without ss and 14k health, no Templar. With ss I'm at 61k. I farm act 1 now starting with files of misery for 5nv then head to the last ep and farm my way to butcher. I die an avrg per run 3 times all do to elites and rares. It's Pretty easy with the right build.

First. No resistance and screw vit. Stack dex becuase not only is it dmg it's also dodge.
Ias is amazing I have it on my bow gloves and Ammy.
Lastly crit damage. Stack that !@#$ when u can
On to the tricks

Your quiver and your chest need to have en
Reply Quote
Hmmm. Well I have 32k dps without ss and 14k health, no Templar. With ss I'm at 61k. I farm act 1 now starting with files of misery for 5nv then head to the last ep and farm my way to butcher. I die an avrg per run 3 times all do to elites and rares. It's Pretty easy with the right build.

First. No resistance and screw vit. Stack dex becuase not only is it dmg it's also dodge.
On to the tricks

Your quiver and your chest need to have en

The problem is the 980 something 2hand bow I have it's really slow... I used before 2 1 HAND ones they were faster but less damage.

So as you suggested I will do what I can to get as much DEX as possible
Reply Quote
06/01/2012 07:46 PMPosted by LtShaft

Listen to this man.
Reply Quote

On to the tricks

Your quiver and your chest need to have enOugh extra discipline so your total is over 45. This lets you do 2 things. 1 you can chain ss 3 times per prep. 2 you can lay down 5 caltrops and still have enough for and ss. Also boots must have 12 or more movement speed

Build.
Use hungering with increase damage per pierce runs
Use NT
Use caltrops with damage rune
Smoke screen with lingering fog
Prep with chance to reset cool down
Rain of arrows with stampede as an oh %^-* button
On bosses swap rain of arrows for mark of death with hatred regen

Run around and as soon as u see mobs on the edge of the screen blast them. If I know they are fast like borrowers I will lay 1 caltrop and stand on it . If the trap goes off pop ss and run
Kill that way for the most part

For elite and rares on the edge of ur screen see of they have the affix reflect damage or immunity. If they dont drop 5 caltrops on top of each other shoot nt and kite them to the circle and then hit rain and blast them. Use se to avoid mortars and watch your feet

For reflective blast wih nt and use se right when nt hits. Chain ss prep ss. If u have to pot. If you run out of dis and prep is cd run and shoot at them off screen soo they don't reset until prep is ready.

Immunity is a !@#$% and how unusually die. Blizz stated they don't like it and they are going to fix it. In the mean time. Kite using caltrop until the daddy is infront . Pop rain and go to town. Drop caltrops and repeat. All u can really do sadly. Nt works best because the mobs don't block it. It will go through shielded mobs and still hit daddy. Just keep them at a distance

That's about it. Once u get use to the mobs it gets easier. Make sure you armor is 7-10 dis with dex and 3 sockets for emeralds. Boots with dex and movement. Quiver with dis Ias dex and if u can a socket or crit damage. Dex is your friend

Any more questions feel free to post
Reply Quote
Please don't tell me I Posted all that info and no one read it....
Reply Quote
Wth?

I just killed Skeleton King on Inferno and my stats are !@#$ compared to everyone in this thread. I have 31k health and 16k dps without SS, and 23k with SS. It was a %^-*ing breeze all the way up to Skeleton King. I only skipped 1 rare pack, and literally all the rare packs I faced except one had reflect damage (I'm not exaggerating, all of them actually had reflect). I thought something was broken because I was actually burning through enemies without a care in the world.

It's really not as hard as people are making it out to be.
Edited by Quantum#1518 on 6/1/2012 8:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote

On to the tricks

Your quiver and your chest need to have enOugh extra discipline so your total is over 45. This lets you do 2 things. 1 you can chain ss 3 times per prep. 2 you can lay down 5 caltrops and still have enough for and ss. Also boots must have 12 or more movement speed

Build.
Use hungering with increase damage per pierce runs
Use NT
Use caltrops with damage rune
Smoke screen with lingering fog
Prep with chance to reset cool down
Rain of arrows with stampede as an oh %^-* button
On bosses swap rain of arrows for mark of death with hatred regen

Run around and as soon as u see mobs on the edge of the screen blast them. If I know they are fast like borrowers I will lay 1 caltrop and stand on it . If the trap goes off pop ss and run
Kill that way for the most part

For elite and rares on the edge of ur screen see of they have the affix reflect damage or immunity. If they dont drop 5 caltrops on top of each other shoot nt and kite them to the circle and then hit rain and blast them. Use se to avoid mortars and watch your feet

For reflective blast wih nt and use se right when nt hits. Chain ss prep ss. If u have to pot. If you run out of dis and prep is cd run and shoot at them off screen soo they don't reset until prep is ready.

Immunity is a !@#$% and how unusually die. Blizz stated they don't like it and they are going to fix it. In the mean time. Kite using caltrop until the daddy is infront . Pop rain and go to town. Drop caltrops and repeat. All u can really do sadly. Nt works best because the mobs don't block it. It will go through shielded mobs and still hit daddy. Just keep them at a distance

That's about it. Once u get use to the mobs it gets easier. Make sure you armor is 7-10 dis with dex and 3 sockets for emeralds. Boots with dex and movement. Quiver with dis Ias dex and if u can a socket or crit damage. Dex is your friend

Any more questions feel free to post

Good advice. Sadly DH's are pretty much locked into this build. You might swap something here or there, but the other skills are just lack luster for DPS or uses.

Anyways, I have 500 all resists, 3k armor, 34k HP, 38k DPS without SS 64k with SS. I just blow through act 1 like its a joke now. 1 or 2 shotting mobs.

About your attack speed on your weapon. Slow attack is better for a DH with this build and later levels due to the stutter stepping (aka kiting) so you can hit harder per shot you do, and dont run out of hatred as fast. I would rather have a harder hitting weapon that attacks slower than a very fast weapon that has lower DPS.
Reply Quote

How? That doesn't even make sense. I have same hp, but with 20k dps (not including SS). I'm having a terrible time killing anything that isn't a normal enemy.

It's called stutter step kiting and reflexes hitting SS? Idk I cleared all of act 2 post-nerf as well averaging about 17k dps and 16k hp. Needed better for Belial though.

I 5-stack NV farm the halls of agony to Butcher in gear that gives me 26k hp and 21k dps and clear it pretty quickly with very few deaths. It's really not that hard.
Edited by LtShaft#1108 on 6/1/2012 8:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
NT = Numbing Traps passive skill?
Reply Quote
My problem is you stated you swap out for boss battles. But with that you lose nv. So what's the point.
Reply Quote
06/01/2012 08:40 PMPosted by Izantawt
NT = Numbing Traps passive skill?

NT = Nether Tentacles, rune for Elemental Arrow
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warlock
With that much dps and hp you shouldn't be having difficulty in act 1 inferno, you can take 1-2 hits from most act 1 mobs, and you should 1-2 shot almost all of them.

-Kite lots
-use caltrops (dmg rune)
-Use hungering arrow devouring or puncturing(dev will do more dmg, puncturing is more consistent)
-Use Elemental arrow nether tentacles
-Smokescreen (dah)
-prep
-last ability is pretty interchangable to really anything you want

Passives:
-steady aim
-sharpshooter
-archery
-Tactical advantage

Basicaly 3 of the above 4, personally I use the 3 offensive ones, but I have switched to tactical advantage for some places that were difficult without more mobility.

Don't let anything hit you, you should be able to abuse your range, and use ss if you are going to be hit.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]