Diablo® III

Inferno Act 1 dying too easily help?

I have 28k health, doing 27k damage (no SS) and I am doing runs on act 1 as if it were normal. Only thing that catches me up are horde + invulnerable minions. Everything else I can handle in stride.

This is my build: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#fRYdVg!Ybe!YaZZbY

I am also finding normal mobs in act 2 easy. I am looking for a new weapon but I figure that will be a while, so I am fairly content with farming gold and getting items for my other characters.
Reply Quote
View profile
All I can say is your build blows.

If you are having trouble in inferno with that much life and that much damage your doing it wrong.

At 20k Damage and 30k life I was farming inferno Act 1. I never use Shadow w/ever because well it blows in comparison to using Smokescreen as a free get out of jail/damage/escape.

Even with the second nerf from 2.5 seconds to 1.5 seconds it is the best defensive/offensive skill a DH has. With Tactical Advantage you should be able to kite and kill anything with your stats.

If you have a two handed xbow change your build up to a spike trap crit build. Stack up spike trap when you see champions. Wait to get 100% crit from sharpshooter then have the mob walk onto the spike traps enjoy doing 200k+ crits with very very bad gear.

The only problem with this build is it is VERY gimicky, and requires you to run and kite for days till you can set up your spike trap and wait on your crit to reach 100%.

It might be perfect for you because of your slow weapon though. Just a thought. I usually never run with more than 2 attacks and go 1 utility and 3 defensive sometimes 4x defensive skills.

The fact of the matter for a DH you need 2 types of items. You need class cannon items for champion/elite packs to burst them down, and you need another set for bosses that has more Vit.

I have 2 sets, one is with about 30k life and 28-30k damage. The other is 16k life and 40k damage.

Based on where I am and what I need to do I switch them out.

Really I think your main problem though is your build. You should be pooping all over inferno act 1 with the damage and health you have.
Edited by TeamWorkTom#1750 on 6/1/2012 8:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/01/2012 08:42 PMPosted by Xandol
My problem is you stated you swap out for boss battles. But with that you lose nv. So what's the point.

True I mean u dont have to swap out. If ur on farm u shouldn't be swapping. But since he's trying to beat It to the first time swapping will help. :)
Reply Quote
Hmmm. Well I have 32k dps without ss and 14k health, no Templar. With ss I'm at 61k. I farm act 1 now starting with files of misery for 5nv then head to the last ep and farm my way to butcher. I die an avrg per run 3 times all do to elites and rares. It's Pretty easy with the right build.

First. No resistance and screw vit. Stack dex becuase not only is it dmg it's also dodge.
Ias is amazing I have it on my bow gloves and Ammy.
Lastly crit damage. Stack that !@#$ when u can
On to the tricks

Your quiver and your chest need to have enOugh extra discipline so your total is over 45. This lets you do 2 things. 1 you can chain ss 3 times per prep. 2 you can lay down 5 caltrops and still have enough for and ss. Also boots must have 12 or more movement speed

Build.
Use hungering with increase damage per pierce runs
Use NT
Use caltrops with damage rune
Smoke screen with lingering fog
Prep with chance to reset cool down
Rain of arrows with stampede as an oh %^-* button
On bosses swap rain of arrows for mark of death with hatred regen

Run around and as soon as u see mobs on the edge of the screen blast them. If I know they are fast like borrowers I will lay 1 caltrop and stand on it . If the trap goes off pop ss and run
Kill that way for the most part

For elite and rares on the edge of ur screen see of they have the affix reflect damage or immunity. If they dont drop 5 caltrops on top of each other shoot nt and kite them to the circle and then hit rain and blast them. Use se to avoid mortars and watch your feet

For reflective blast wih nt and use se right when nt hits. Chain ss prep ss. If u have to pot. If you run out of dis and prep is cd run and shoot at them off screen soo they don't reset until prep is ready.

Immunity is a !@#$% and how unusually die. Blizz stated they don't like it and they are going to fix it. In the mean time. Kite using caltrop until the daddy is infront . Pop rain and go to town. Drop caltrops and repeat. All u can really do sadly. Nt works best because the mobs don't block it. It will go through shielded mobs and still hit daddy. Just keep them at a distance

That's about it. Once u get use to the mobs it gets easier. Make sure you armor is 7-10 dis with dex and 3 sockets for emeralds. Boots with dex and movement. Quiver with dis Ias dex and if u can a socket or crit damage. Dex is your friend

Any more questions feel free to post

You said use se to avoid mortars, whats se?
What is your bow looking like, and what should i expect to spend on that type?
What do you mean by having an armor 7-10 dis?
Thanks again for everything.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
06/01/2012 07:30 PMPosted by pattuspl
I also have 22k life and I die with 2 hits... I actually killed the skeletor king within like 10 minutes but I did it.

Ten minutes....? shouldn't even take you 5 minutes, let alone 10.

06/01/2012 07:37 PMPosted by SneakyHindu
38k dps and 22 k life isnt gonna cut it... i do about 45 k dps and 30+ k life with 200 resist and still had ttrouble inferno act 1.... be patient killing things from far distance

Congrats on wasted stats, I have 32-40k (using a bow my friend gave me, and Tactical Advantage) DPS and ~13-14k HP with barely under 100 resists, a few over 100, and had almost no problem with Act 1. I'm on Act 2, and the only things that hurt are Reflect Damage/shielding/fast, anything passively fast/leaps/etc.
Edited by Naumu#1479 on 6/1/2012 9:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I farm a1 inferno with 9k health and 30k dps with 180mf easily just don't get hit.
Edited by Kodama#1998 on 6/1/2012 10:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/01/2012 10:08 PMPosted by Kodama
I farm a1 inferno with 9k health and 30k dps with 180mf easily just don't get hit.

30k dps w/ ss?
Reply Quote
I'll see what I can do about SPEED and few thousand extra life at least. Thank you for all your helpful comments apperciate that.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Finished Act I today.
I solo'd everything upto the dungeons before Butcher because a friend decided to jump in to my game for no reason, and I didn't care if he was there or not.

I had 15K health from the beginning of Act I and ended up with 20K. I had about 22K DPS without SS throughout Act I.

For Act I, with the Smokescreen nerf, even though I barely used it before the nerf, I kited with Caltrops and the 80% speed debuff and if an elite pack got through those too easily, or cornered me, I would use Shadow Power with Gloom and chain it with Preparation and tank them.

The damage I dealt easily healed me while Shadow Power w/ Gloom absorbed most of the damage and I easily took down elites. Sentries and anything that hurts you if you stand on it will wreck you, with or without Shadow Power.

PS
I found the Skeleton King easy, just Smokescreen or Vault when he rushes towards you. The skeletons he spawned were no problem, they died quickly.
Reply Quote
Hmmm. Well I have 32k dps without ss and 14k health, no Templar. With ss I'm at 61k. I farm act 1 now starting with files of misery for 5nv then head to the last ep and farm my way to butcher. I die an avrg per run 3 times all do to elites and rares. It's Pretty easy with the right build.

First. No resistance and screw vit. Stack dex becuase not only is it dmg it's also dodge.
Ias is amazing I have it on my bow gloves and Ammy.
Lastly crit damage. Stack that !@#$ when u can
On to the tricks

Your quiver and your chest need to have enOugh extra discipline so your total is over 45. This lets you do 2 things. 1 you can chain ss 3 times per prep. 2 you can lay down 5 caltrops and still have enough for and ss. Also boots must have 12 or more movement speed

Build.
Use hungering with increase damage per pierce runs
Use NT
Use caltrops with damage rune
Smoke screen with lingering fog
Prep with chance to reset cool down
Rain of arrows with stampede as an oh %^-* button
On bosses swap rain of arrows for mark of death with hatred regen

Run around and as soon as u see mobs on the edge of the screen blast them. If I know they are fast like borrowers I will lay 1 caltrop and stand on it . If the trap goes off pop ss and run
Kill that way for the most part

For elite and rares on the edge of ur screen see of they have the affix reflect damage or immunity. If they dont drop 5 caltrops on top of each other shoot nt and kite them to the circle and then hit rain and blast them. Use se to avoid mortars and watch your feet

For reflective blast wih nt and use se right when nt hits. Chain ss prep ss. If u have to pot. If you run out of dis and prep is cd run and shoot at them off screen soo they don't reset until prep is ready.

Immunity is a !@#$% and how unusually die. Blizz stated they don't like it and they are going to fix it. In the mean time. Kite using caltrop until the daddy is infront . Pop rain and go to town. Drop caltrops and repeat. All u can really do sadly. Nt works best because the mobs don't block it. It will go through shielded mobs and still hit daddy. Just keep them at a distance

That's about it. Once u get use to the mobs it gets easier. Make sure you armor is 7-10 dis with dex and 3 sockets for emeralds. Boots with dex and movement. Quiver with dis Ias dex and if u can a socket or crit damage. Dex is your friend

Any more questions feel free to post

You said use se to avoid mortars, whats se?
What is your bow looking like, and what should i expect to spend on that type?
What do you mean by having an armor 7-10 dis?
Thanks again for everything.

By se I ment smoke screen. Typos lol. As for a bow I use a 1025 dos 24 Ias 2 h bow. Picked it up for 1.2mil. Though a 800-900 dps bow will be fine. As for armor. I ment a chest piece with 3 sockets , 60 or more dex, and the stat " increase max discipline no less than 7.
Reply Quote
Are people still using Nether Tentacles with ~10k hp builds?
Reply Quote
06/01/2012 10:57 PMPosted by Zack

I am. But that's in act1 solo. In act3 and 4 I use screaming skull. Nt only works if u have enough dps to kill them before you run out of discipline. Screaming skull is less dps but gives you a lot more time. That's why I run an ias heavy build. That way I can put more screamings down range. Also with ias my nt leaves less room in between so I dont miss as much when facing fast mobs. Some like a slow build with higher damage. It's all about the same . My play style favors ias. Personal preference.
Reply Quote
06/01/2012 11:22 PMPosted by Rezarific

I am. But that's in act1 solo. In act3 and 4 I use screaming skull. Nt only works if u have enough dps to kill them before you run out of discipline. Screaming skull is less dps but gives you a lot more time. That's why I run an ias heavy build. That way I can put more screamings down range. Also with ias my nt leaves less room in between so I dont miss as much when facing fast mobs. Some like a slow build with higher damage. It's all about the same . My play style favors ias. Personal preference.

Don't they both use the same % weapon damage per shot? Perhaps I'm not understanding your post very well. I've just recently started my DH, so perhaps there's some advanced part of your post that I'm not understanding.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]