Diablo® III

Dont want to use sharpshooter

I just got to 41k before ss, and i have 20% crit, 250% crit dmg and 2.06 attacks per second ( with 2h xbow )

Just wondering if it would benefit me more with something else, like night stalker.

thanks!!
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
FFS
with that kind of +crit damage; no...it wouldn't benefit you i don't think.

Now, if you start losing crit damage in favor of natural crit chance or IAS then, sure, other passives might be more viable.
Reply Quote
Basically, why this question came up.

103k After Sharpshooter.

Got a quiver with 15% IAS and 7.5% Crit Chance.

92k After Sharpshooter.

Without Sharpshooter though, i was at 38k, then i went to 41k with new quiver.

So it made me think maybe with 20% crit i can drop sharpshooter.

So you're saying i should keep sharpshooter on then? :)

Thanks!!
Reply Quote
i think if you're at 25% crit chance you don't need sharpshooter

cull the weak is pretty amazing when u combine it with damage or the +10% crit caltrops
Reply Quote
I use Archery/Steady Aim/Tactical Advantage. Dropped SS awhile back and never looked back.
Reply Quote
i like tactical advantage for sure. hmmm

cull the weak could be good too, i will try a few.

thanks for the replies!!
Reply Quote
The higher your +crit damage, the more benefit Sharpshooter is.
Reply Quote
oh really?
Reply Quote
With high % to crit w/o sharpshooter (like 20% at least), Sharpshooter won't benefit you that much since you don't need to force crits. Also, you will be hitting crits pretty consistently so that SS will never get a chance to stack up. The only other passives I would take in its place are Tactical Advantage and Night Stalker for mobility and disc regen, respectively.
Reply Quote
Thats what i thought, i could see low crit % and high crit dmg sharpshooter would be better. but i also have high crit %, so i think i wouldnt benefit enough from it
Reply Quote
Let me fix this for you:The less often you would otherwise crit, either from playstyle, weapon speed, or gearing, the more benefit sharpshooter is.Meaning if you crit like crazy anyway, sharpshooter is not needed. If you don't crit that often, sharpshooter becomes awesome.

Okay, that makes sense. lol

Reply Quote
Cull the weak seems to be the best, some nasty crits
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]